NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Predicted Blues team for Origin I:

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Addo-Carr

3. Latrell Mitchell

4. James Roberts

5. Tom Trbojevic

6. James Maloney

7. Nathan Cleary

8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

9. Damien Cook

10. David Klemmer

11. Boyd Cordner

12. Tyson Frizell

13. Jack de Belin

14. Tyrone Peachey

15. Jake Trbojevic

16. Paul Vaughan

17. Angus Crichton

---
Poor Turbo will be covering Bbq's and Roberts' many missed Ds as well as his own workload :eek:
NRL latest update has the players in different positions:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/27/nathan-cleary-damien-cook-to-make-state-of-origin-for-nsw-blues/
Expected team: James Tedesco, Tom Trbojevic, James Roberts, Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Damien Cook, Paul Vaughan, Tyson Frizell, Boyd Cordner (c), Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: Tyrone Peachey, David Klemmer, Jack de Belin, Angus Crichton. Reserves: Nick Cotric, Tariq Sims, Ryan James.

Congrats to Jake and Tom for making the side.

Predicted Blues team for Origin I:

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Addo-Carr

3. Latrell Mitchell

4. James Roberts

5. Tom Trbojevic

6. James Maloney

7. Nathan Cleary

8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

9. Damien Cook

10. David Klemmer

11. Boyd Cordner

12. Tyson Frizell

13. Jack de Belin

14. Tyrone Peachey

15. Jake Trbojevic

16. Paul Vaughan

17. Angus Crichton

---
Poor Turbo will be covering Bbq's and Roberts' many missed Ds as well as his own workload :eek:
Source ???

I thought Cotric should've got the gig. This is where we continually fuk up, picking players out of position.
Good point . NSW do what they do best . Back to the future tactics
This is how Fittler will age after the first series
hqdefault.jpg

I’d be putting Tom in the centres with Cotric on the wing - Roberts should miss out. I’ve never seen Tom play a bad game in the centres and he has played there a number of times.

Surely Jakes got to be dashed.

On the bench. And most likely playing in the front row when he comes on.

I'm disappointed for him.
No need to be disappointed just yet. We won't know the exact makeup of the team until it is officially announced. The NRL website's latest update has Jake in the starting 13 at lock.

The u 18s nsw team was picked today, um can someone xplain to me why josh schuster was not selected. Is he injured? cause im pretty sure he is fit to play. This is a stich up, he is the best young talnet to come through the ranks. I understand that hopoate is injured but shcuster mssing out was a suprise

FWIW - The courier mail has the qld team (all the inside info from blah blah)

1 Billy Slater
2 Valentine Holmes
3 Greg Inglis (c)
4 Will Chambers
5 Dane Gagai
6 Cameron Munster
7 Ben Hunt

8 Jarrod Wallace
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Dylan Napa
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Felise Kaufusi
13 Josh McGuire

14 Michael Morgan
15 Josh Papalii
16 Jai Arrow
17 Coen Hess
18 Joe Ofahengaue

Who cares. It'll be the usual rigged 3rd game decider probably give it to NSW. Only thing that matters is Manly and we're done and dusted already. Rest of the season is now dead to me.

Jake coming off the bench is absolute clanger.

He should be the captain of the side.

Also picking centres that cant tackle is ridiculous. Aitken had to be one centre, I guess if the "speed hump" Roberts fails the medical Aitken will get a call up.

Along with Maloney, another very poor defender, there is no doubt where QLD will aim.

You can almost see the script can’t you , Queensland wins for the first time without the “ big 3”.

If season 2018 is dead to @mickqld then SOO has been dead to me for a decade.

Moving game one to Melbourne guarantees a QLD win as any Mexicans who go will cheer for the Toads so the place is just as hostile as Lang Park.

It used to be the epitome of the game now it’s just one gigantic money making talk fest pre-determined to suit the gibberers up here north of the border , the “ home “ of Rugby League in the noughties.

the only thing i cared about was hoping Tom didn't get picked for manlys sake. If he is out as well as jake, we will struggle. Just hope the cows have at least 4 out

It's kinda a pity that the first time Qld have no JT, sCam, and cronk... nsw need to basically pick an all new side as well.

It's kinda a pity that the first time Qld have no JT, sCam, and cronk... nsw need to basically pick an all new side as well.

If NSW had been smarter a few years ago, they would have picked a young team then and we would be dominant this year.
Instead of going the proven failures Gallen, Ferguson, Dugan, etc,etc,etc.
The selections and previous selectors were short sighted fools.

Jake was a bench player last year and went really well :nod:

Turbo playing in a new position will be interesting. The players around him are known to miss more tackles than they make :confused:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8