Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah nah, I was a Harper fan last year but he's gotta go. Whatever happened to him during finals last year, must've messed him up. He needs to go regain confidence at reggies. He has to go now. It might actually be a shout to say he's probably been our worst player on the field for each of the last 3 weeks.

Koula or Tippytoes in. Both can be strong ball runners that give us some yardage. That's what we need from them the most, and good defence obviously. I'm actually quiet confident with Koula's defence with how he went in the trials. But just one of them, MUST BE NAMED ON TUESDAY FOR HARPER.

Just stick Koula with Guac as a bodyguard and stop carrying passengers if they can't even create. A stint in Cup could even spark Harper back into contention.

He's been cooked since late last season, if we're sticking with him then it's gotta start there - I'm betting he"s a bit shy after some kinda injury.

I was a fan of Harper last year, especially defensively. I could even excuse his end to the season as it was his first full season and he was playing a bit busted. But the start to this year has been dreadful. Three games in and I can't remember anything positive. He has to be replaced for the good of both the team and himself.

If I am not mistaken, this week's 'at home' game is goin' to Mudgee. We have the crowd in Mudgee still - altho Raiders a diff proposition for local support than the fancy-pants Titans.

Don't disagree with the rest of the post, and feel that Harper was sensational for a run of games last year, eventually getting bogged down by niggling injuries. Prior to that, he was the crown jewel of over-achievement that won non-fans and fans alike.

His bromance with Saab was woke-wet-dreamtime (think about the diversity-satisfaction card on that one, and yes I hate woke as a word period). Harper was like Jamie Lyon with those draw-2-flick-passes to Saab in the corner. I had great hopes.

For mine, Olam ate Harpers soul in that Prelim final. That was the final jenga piece that brought down the tower of over-achievement. He had been visibly struggling for weeks. the guy hasn't been the same since, and cracks have seemingly appeared based on SVT's very qualified (and never knee-jerk) conclusions! /sarc..

Not a qualified spectator this year (in truth, haven't watched the last 2 games - moving o'seas is legit excuse but), however if Harper is still in the doldrums about the Storm lowpoint, maybe he does need some character building. It would be interesting to see him shave off the dirty sanchez, trim the mane and just get his hands dirty with unrecognisible workmanship.

Koula is the classic hype-train. Toot-toot! all aboard the fast-guy hype - Bozo will love it! (jks Bozo, you're still the mascot). Given Koula was a Newington GPS rugby churn-out tho, maybe he can emulate the last experience I had with that school - that being, the last guy I played in my final years of school in Rugby (rah-rah) was a fuzzy-blonde haired youngster by the name of Phil Waugh. Guy used me as a speed-bump - and that is giving me credit. I think he sped up after he palmed my skinny ass to the turf. Far out he was big for a school kid....
Moving OS is no excuse .
What do u think @globaleagle ?

Obviously your opinion but my opinion is it’s rough to say anyone’s heart isn’t in it without knowing how they are feeling. Do agree with going back to Blacktown though, he is still young I can’t see this being good for his confidence. My hope is that he plays himself back into the side but for now give Koolaid a chance.
Well hopefully he will benefit from the gritty win. Like everyone else I want him to succeed. Mudgee next week, tough one against raiders.

Koula could still be a liability in defence but willing to give him a crack, Harper didn’t do himself any favours tonight and Koula is on the fringe of a first grade start
Just a footnote though if Koula was in Parker’s spot today he might have made a a few breaks into open space cause there were times were Parker’s speed wasnt enough to get through that 1/2 gap
Based on the trials - Koula certainly can defend. Not sure how he is with defensive reads in the slide defence system but he can tackle that is for sure.

Des sticking with players badly out of form and underperforming is his Achilles heal. At any other NR: club Harper would be dropped and and probably would have been dropped last week. Enough is enough. DCE is really out of form at the moment. I just can't understand experienced first grade players have brain snaps. Keppie's offload in the first set 20 meters out, Parker racing up out of the line and Harper not even attempting to catch a bomb that hit him on the thigh. I'd rather see a player have a crack and drop it. Finally we are not using Tommy well as he doesn't get the ball in space other than when he is backing up. Boy do we need Schuster back.

Based on the trials - Koula certainly can defend. Not sure how he is with defensive reads in the slide defence system but he can tackle that is for sure.
Wighton goes to that edge in attack, could be hell for both koula and Harper. I was impressed with koula’s 1:1 tackling, and harper’s defensive mode is to get in their face. Hard to say who is more likely to succeed v raiders.

Although it is harper’s temperament that is the issue. He makes a mistake then loses his mind trying to overcompensate. The ridiculous offload not long after the bomb drop shows this. He just kept on digging the hole, instead of re-setting his mind.

Des sticking with players badly out of form and underperforming is his Achilles heal. At any other NR: club Harper would be dropped and and probably would have been dropped last week. Enough is enough. DCE is really out of form at the moment. I just can't understand experienced first grade players have brain snaps. Keppie's offload in the first set 20 meters out, Parker racing up out of the line and Harper not even attempting to catch a bomb that hit him on the thigh. I'd rather see a player have a crack and drop it. Finally we are not using Tommy well as he doesn't get the ball in space other than when he is backing up. Boy do we need Schuster back.
Yeah Josh makes huge difference to our attack

What the heck happened to harper he is capable i.e. most of last year do we forgive him due to conditions & the fact we were on the back foot the 1st 2 games he’s defending isn’t to bad that‘s the only benefit.

Wighton goes to that edge in attack, could be hell for both koula and Harper. I was impressed with koula’s 1:1 tackling, and harper’s defensive mode is to get in their face. Hard to say who is more likely to succeed v raiders.

Although it is harper’s temperament that is the issue. He makes a mistake then loses his mind trying to overcompensate. The ridiculous offload not long after the bomb drop shows this. He just kept on digging the hole, instead of re-setting his mind.
Wighton seems keen to run the ball this year ,expect a lot of traffic coming Oka ,Chez and Harper way

Wighton seems keen to run the ball this year ,expect a lot of traffic coming Oka ,Chez and Harper way
Thats why I would stick Lawton at center next week if Aloiai comes back in. Harper's defense last night was almost as pathetic as his ball handling and his hit ups.

I remember Des had a young fella called Dean Whare sitting idle for SO long before he finally gave him his shot. Scored three tries on debut from memory and Nth Qld (I MAY be wrong). But Des, please give our porsche a run.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10