OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

it happend on the 12 of jan  @ 2am ..over a month ago guys,, dont worry about it ..its not like it just happend..  p plate permit was confiscated on the spot..

Beady eye's...Mmmmm...perhaps he couldn't see the speedo

I'm amazed Gallop hasn't stuck his nose im

It's not a criminal offence guys. Get over it.

Couldn't agree more Matabele.

No criminal offence - with respect fonz thats not the point - and neither was it a criminal offence what Choc did at the 2009 launch. All these guys know what effect their poor behaviour has on the club's image and how destabilising it can be to the team and and how the gutter media love to blow it up bigtime at the team's expense. They know full well how they've got to show disclipline with their puiblic behaviour.

Absolutely love Choc's football when he is on fire and playing well but jeez we have seen a lot of dropped balls and rubbish recently.

His negatives on and off the field may well see him becoming a net liability rather than net asset....

Hopefully for him and Manly, Choc will screw his head on tightly, put aside distractions and knuckle down to some serious football this year will and put the larrikin side in the cupboard. For the good of the team and the supporters. Will the leopard change its spots?

Des supposedly has a 'no d**kheads' policy and I wonder how close to the wind Choc has sailed with that one over recent years?

no excuse, but what sort of freeway has a speed limit of 80kph?

Hadley on 2gb
dumb as a post, 1 mistake after another, if brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enuf to blow his head off

Well we wont be seeing the "Speed Blitz Eagles" take the field anytime soon.

Must have been hurrying home to make his 2.15am curfew.

I think a lot of you guys are a bit harsh.

As brookie said - what sort of freeway has a speed limit of 80kmh?  The answer is the kind of freeway where they have cops crawling around to raise revenue.  I don't think it surprises anyone that Choc didn't think of that when he put his foot down...

Granted, 133kmh is too fast, but I bet plenty of people drive along that road at 110kmh - 115kmh, so it really isn't a ridiculous speed if you ask me.  Was it actually dangerous for him to be driving at that speed on that road?  I doubt it.  John Singleton got caught doing 160kmh in at 110kmh zone in his Bentley and successfully argued that it wasn't dangerous!

Choc made a mistake and (unless he has Singo's lawyer) he will pay the price by losing his licence and probably paing a fine.  That should be the end of it.

It might be a good idea to have the media place the same level of scrutiny on rugby league fans.

Seems like the only way to reverse this sensationalistic, over reporting, beat up, trend.

brookiegreg link said:
Couldn't agree more Matabele.

No criminal offence - with respect fonz thats not the point - and neither was it a criminal offence what Choc did at the 2009 launch. All these guys know what effect their poor behaviour has on the club's image and how destabilising it can be to the team and and how the gutter media love to blow it up bigtime at the team's expense. They know full well how they've got to show disclipline with their puiblic behaviour.

Absolutely love Choc's football when he is on fire and playing well but jeez we have seen a lot of dropped balls and rubbish recently.

His negatives on and off the field may well see him becoming a net liability rather than net asset....

Hopefully for him and Manly, Choc will screw his head on tightly, put aside distractions and knuckle down to some serious football this year will and put the larrikin side in the cupboard. For the good of the team and the supporters. Will the leopard change its spots?

Des supposedly has a 'no d**kheads' policy and I wonder how close to the wind Choc has sailed with that one over recent years?
With respect brookiegreg. It's a speeding fine. Who gives a ****? If it wasn't Watmough you would never have heard about it. Lie to me and say you've never exceeded the speed limit. **** me. Who gives a **** how much he makes a year. He may be famous but he's still human believe it or not. Not a good speed to be doing but if potential sponsors are going to judge based on a speeding fine then they aren't thick skinned enough for the rugby league world anyway.

Considering the highest legal speed limit in NSW is 110 I think it is pretty stupid, especially at a time when the club is trying to pull a sponsor.

Also it may have been early in the morning and that stretch of road probably was empty, but traveling at that kind of speed is not a smart move who knows whats on the road and going that fast you certainly wont have any time to think about it and stop.

Also re: comments you wouldn't read or hear about it if it wasn't Watmough. Quite regularly there is stories in the daily in the police section on speeders and drunk drivers so don't give me that crap. And considering he was on his Ps if it was a P plate driver it would be on all the major news networks as well...

In all seriousness, Watmough isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
In fact he may well the bluntest.
Blunt tools do this kind of thing.

Jonesyv2 link said:
Considering the highest legal speed limit in NSW is 110 I think it is pretty stupid, especially at a time when the club is trying to pull a sponsor.

Also it may have been early in the morning and that stretch of road probably was empty, but traveling at that kind of speed is not a smart move who knows whats on the road and going that fast you certainly wont have any time to think about it and stop.

Also re: comments you wouldn't read or hear about it if it wasn't Watmough. Quite regularly there is stories in the daily in the police section on speeders and drunk drivers so don't give me that crap. And considering he was on his Ps if it was a P plate driver it would be on all the major news networks as well...

It wouldn't be front page news though would it. Also, apparently it happened a month ago. Did you hear about it then or now when some journo has decided to beat it up? Nuffie subject as far as i'm concerned.

Phantar link said:
One question - why is a 'man' in his late twenties only on a provisional licence? Has he had a number of previous serious infringements, or is he just one of these knobs who don't worry about getting their learners as soon as they're old enough? ::)

There are some of us, including myself, who feel that getting a license isn't necessary. I walk to work and get the bus/a lift when drinking (as I won't be able to drive anyways). I am 26. I have made that choice and that is my choice, it is as simple as that. Doesn't make me a knob and in fact I am glad I don't as I save money on petrol, registration, service costs and I don't have to deal with the dickhead 17+ year olds that do have their license (and don't deserve them) that behave like hoons and disobey the road rules.

I don't know why Watmough doesn't have his license. He might be the same as me or he may have lost his license in the past and is now going through the process again. Just don't tar everyone with the same brush as it makes you look like an idiot.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297900277[/time]

One final point, does anyone notice they are Manly bashing a bit lately? I wonder if it has anything to do with Brett and the club's rampage against the papers.

Firstly it was a dumb act from someone who isn't exactly renowned for making the best of judgements. He's been punished by the law and that is that. The club may find it appropriate to take more action,that is up to Manly. What I can't cop is these ****wit  sports journalists getting on their holier than thou soap box preaching to us all about right and wrong. Most of them are as or more guilty of performing moronic ****wit acts than most footballers and yet they are accountable to nobody. Ever seen a bunch of sports journalists out on the drink or at clubs and bars. Biggest bunch of ****wits you could come across. Choc has ****ed up again and been punished. Shut up and get over it.

Choc has proven time and again that he's not too bright. Couple that with his form over the last 2 years and I have a compelling reason not to care. My zero care factor also extends to his contract. If they were to tear it up today I wouldn't give a sh*t! And for me it's not all about this latest speeding offence. I think it is being blown out of proportion.

An earlier poster compares Choc to Willie Mason. I hear you brother!

No way man. Mason also had a total smugness and disregard for the media. When Choc ****s up, he is usually fairly apologetic and ego punctured.

As annoying as some of Choc's actions on and off the field can be, there is no way I want to see him playing anywhere but with us. He bleeds maroon and white and I hope he does for his whole career.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6