OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

I think the bigger issue is Manly's relationship with the media in general, we have p****d everyone off by the looks and need to seriously address the problem.  Journos are managing to turn even a positive piece of news on Manly into a bad one.  We have some serious problems here and until we get that sorted no sponsor will touch us with a barge pole.

its funny how all these "storys" come up just before the season starts ,the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the media wanna stuff us up before a ball is kicked or passed ,first it was the 09 stuff then its the facebook stuff and now this seriously its not hlping us get sponsors or help the players concentrate on what they are actually paid to do !!!

bloody media beatup .... we know everyone hates us but F ME enoughs enough !!!!!

It makes no difference if it is a media beat up or not, this is the world we live in we can't just palm it off as a beat up as no one else cares or will see it this way.

REPORTERS WILL REPORT BAD THINGS ABOUT CLUBS TO SELL STORIES THIS WILL THEN TRANSLATE INTO THE PUBLICS AND THUS FUTURE SPONSORS MINDS.... PLAYERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS IT MAKES THE CLUB LOOK BAD.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT THE PLAYERS ARE REPRESENTING OUR CLUB ALL THE TIME DUE TO THE MEDIA AND ANY THING STUPID THEY DO WILL BE REPORTED IN A BAD LIGHT.

Jono link said:
[quote author=Phantar link=topic=186481.msg316156#msg316156 date=1297843262]
One question - why is a 'man' in his late twenties only on a provisional licence? Has he had a number of previous serious infringements, or is he just one of these knobs who don't worry about getting their learners as soon as they're old enough? ::)

There are some of us, including myself, who feel that getting a license isn't necessary. I walk to work and get the bus/a lift when drinking (as I won't be able to drive anyways). I am 26. I have made that choice and that is my choice, it is as simple as that. Doesn't make me a knob and in fact I am glad I don't as I save money on petrol, registration, service costs and I don't have to deal with the dickhead 17+ year olds that do have their license (and don't deserve them) that behave like hoons and disobey the road rules.

I don't know why Watmough doesn't have his license. He might be the same as me or he may have lost his license in the past and is now going through the process again. Just don't tar everyone with the same brush as it makes you look like an idiot.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297900277[/time]

One final point, does anyone notice they are Manly bashing a bit lately? I wonder if it has anything to do with Brett and the club's rampage against the papers.
[/quote]lol jono im 42 i havent got my license & never will .. its not for me i cant do it lol..  i dont drive so  others  & me can live lol..
had me L`s once then got a job & never worried about it..  i only went for me license back then to get a job , but when i got 1 without it just didnt bother..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297907781[/time]

thats why its a hassle to get to brooky.. ;)

BAZ link said:
The good news is he wasn't hammered.

Exactly, 2am and P-plates are zero alcohol so he wasn't drinking at all.

And in other good news it's been kept under wraps for a month :p

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297908391[/time]

jjai link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=186481.msg316299#msg316299 date=1297900159]
One question - why is a 'man' in his late twenties only on a provisional licence? Has he had a number of previous serious infringements, or is he just one of these knobs who don't worry about getting their learners as soon as they're old enough? ::)

There are some of us, including myself, who feel that getting a license isn't necessary. I walk to work and get the bus/a lift when drinking (as I won't be able to drive anyways). I am 26. I have made that choice and that is my choice, it is as simple as that. Doesn't make me a knob and in fact I am glad I don't as I save money on petrol, registration, service costs and I don't have to deal with the dickhead 17+ year olds that do have their license (and don't deserve them) that behave like hoons and disobey the road rules.

I don't know why Watmough doesn't have his license. He might be the same as me or he may have lost his license in the past and is now going through the process again. Just don't tar everyone with the same brush as it makes you look like an idiot.

One final point, does anyone notice they are Manly bashing a bit lately? I wonder if it has anything to do with Brett and the club's rampage against the papers.
[/quote]lol jono im 42 i havent got my license & never will .. its not for me i cant do it lol..  i dont drive so  others  & me can live lol..
had me L`s once then got a job & never worried about it..  i only went for me license back then to get a job , but when i got 1 without it just didnt bother..

[/quote]

You're 42 :eek: :eek:

Cletus link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=186481.msg316143#msg316143 date=1297841700]
The good news is he wasn't hammered.

Exactly, 2am and P-plates are zero alcohol so he wasn't drinking at all.

And in other good news it's been kept under wraps for a month :p

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297908391[/time]

jjai link said:
[quote author=Jono link=topic=186481.msg316299#msg316299 date=1297900159]

[/quote]

You're 42 :eek: :eek:
[/quote]dont look it & dont act it thats how you keep ya youth ;)

Jonesyv2 link said:
It makes no difference if it is a media beat up or not, this is the world we live in we can't just palm it off as a beat up as no one else cares or will see it this way.

REPORTERS WILL REPORT BAD THINGS ABOUT CLUBS TO SELL STORIES THIS WILL THEN TRANSLATE INTO THE PUBLICS AND THUS FUTURE SPONSORS MINDS.... PLAYERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS IT MAKES THE CLUB LOOK BAD.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT THE PLAYERS ARE REPRESENTING OUR CLUB ALL THE TIME DUE TO THE MEDIA AND ANY THING STUPID THEY DO WILL BE REPORTED IN A BAD LIGHT.

Stop ****en yelling at me. You ain't my Mrs. I get your point mate but it's still a load of **** that a speeding fine he got a month ago has come to light now. It wasn't a big deal back then so why is it now?

i dont  count caps has yelling its actually clearer.. but all you fuddy duddys blow out about it  .. aww god  you cant do caps its the end of the world..
half the forum needs reading glasses but they take offence to caps...  we trying to help you out..

it would be a smiteathon  on me with that remark ;D 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297908998[/time]

fonz the reading glasses remark wasnt at you mate i knw your a young takka ..

I keep saying it's the Tele threatening the club because of what Brett's doing. They're trying to take us down with them.

It doesn't matter that Choc did this, they would've just made something up otherwise. Look at that thing with the undercover cop, they made it out to be just Manly at first glance. Most Tele "readers" can only manage the headlines and they know it so that's as good as libel but without the legal implications.

I hope Brett takes the b**tards down for good, otherwise, we're stuffed. They'll be able to find a way to put a charity event in a bad light if they feel they need to.

Its not a hanging offence but the bloke is becoming a serial offender. And to think he was putting his hand up to be a captain not so long ago. 

He would do well to remember he is 27 years old - young footballers with 10 years footy in front of them get a lot of second, third and fourth chances.  Footballers nudging 30 tend to get cut adrift if they have the same issues.  I know he hasnt been a fast learner but he may be learning that lesson soon I fear either this year or next.

Starting to become a liability, remember going to the Club and seeing Wattas with minder two steps in front and two steps behind, for good reason, one would think . And there is this pre-season launch, mmmmm
yes !

jjai link said:
i dont  count caps has yelling its actually clearer..

jjai, I didn't know you even knew what Caps were .... do you just choose not to use them, even when they belong ?   ;D

I am still dazed and confused at the realisation that Jjai is the same age as me....

Where's DUI Beccy?  Thought she'd be keen to put the boot in  ;)

Rehab probably eggy :)

Jono link said:

I have noticed this Jono.

Fonz link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=186481.msg316318#msg316318 date=1297907517]

Stop f**ken yelling at me. You ain't my Mrs. I get your point mate but it's still a load of s**t that a speeding fine he got a month ago has come to light now. It wasn't a big deal back then so why is it now?
[/quote]

It's a big deal because the bloke was in the +45km/h over the speed limit catagory!How would you like it if he lost control of his car at this speed,and splattered someone you know?Wouldn't be a non-issue,then,eh?That's pretty bad for an experienced driver,but for a P plater,it's disgusting!The community in general is trying to get P platers to SLOW DOWN,and then this moron (who young people look up to),goes and does this.It will be interesting to see the penalty.Hopefully it is severe enough to pull him into line.

Correct ajay, but yuo are wasting your time, some people dont think as you do on this one.

I just hope they dont learn the hard way that travelling that fast is not a little bit over.

If we were to predict one Manly player to have had this offence it would be ...

Hopefully the penalty is huge.  53kph above the speed limit is no minor oversight.  Happy to see his Lexus rust undriven for 10 years.  I'd prefer my friends and family to arrive home safely and with idiots on the road like this, their chances go down significantly.  

Agree with Matas.  Currently poor form both on and off the pitch, and currently a liability.  Unwilling to change his spots.

Rex,having done worse the penalty was $2.2k

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4