OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

Rex link said:
Anyone whingeing that Watmough being caught 53k above the speed limit is not newsworthy is living somewhere other than planet Earth.  The leader of the opposition can't even wear budgie smugglers without hitting the headlines.

Bragging about massive excesses of the speed limit only makes us look like real dipsticks.

I'm not whinging or bragging, just saying that it isn't the worst thing he's done and a lot of people do it when they're young and stupid. Jason King got busted for dui (although he was just moving his car), it's not the end of the world if he get's his license suspended for three months.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=186481.msg316406#msg316406 date=1297930575]
busy Sydney road.
2am on January 12 on the Warringah Freeway.

Real busy a 2 on a wednesday morning ::)

I just have to say I've done 200kph in a 100 zone and 110mph in a 100 in a 1966 ford galaxie with no seatbelts, both on country roads and in the early hours. Yeah I was young and stupid but I was lucky enough not to get caught. I guess there aren't too many bogans on here.

You weren't lucky enough not to get caught you were lucky you didn't run off the road and into a tree and kill youself at that speed

[/quote]

If people speeding kill themselves is an accident so be it, but unfortunately innocent drivers doing the right thing are the ones that end up dead or injured.

It's not the sort of freeway (really an expressway) where you want to be travelling at that speed at anytime. Too many on/off ramps in close proximity to each other, hence the greater chance of a collision with a slower moving vehicle. And if Whatnow was already on his P plates (in his late 20s!) - then he isn't the sort of driver who should be speeding at anytime.

love the bloke on the field (90% of the time) and wouldn't replace the bloke for anyone when he's in form, but hopefully this is the one incident that pops his head off the field and says wake up.. the chalk marks are adding up, and they aren't in the good column.

Dan link said:
QLD drivers are even worse.

QLD, well I have no idea who is teaching them to drive

I hear you.

Very noticeable when you first arrive up here, though after a few years, its funny what you get used to.

I have noticed that more than anywhere else in Australia, Qld drivers refuse to keep left unless overtaking, which is a pet hate of mine.

For sheer lunacy though, look no further than "Hook Turns" in Melbourne where you have to go to the far left hand lane in order to turn right across all lanes......nuts!

Let him who is without sin hey!
:(

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=186481.msg316497#msg316497 date=1297990113]
I get where you guys are coming from and i agree. But it's still a beat up.

well it is and it isn't.

Had he not committed the act would it be published
[/quote]you mean had he not be caught,, ( like others who speed that aren`t ) or if he was a judge like einfeld(spelling) he could blame it on a dead person.. 

Matabele link said:
Loose cannon and a bad influence.
Have to agree with that.Someone really needs to pull his head in,his ego WILL rub off on the younger blokes.

Great footballer before his head grew....

wonder which old players ego rubbed off on him could be numerous ones hoppa ,terry hill , or even grant woden lol ..

Why are we all so quick to run these fellas down when they display a bit of human dickheadness (some perhaps more than others). Then when they perform on the field we make them heroes.
The man was certainly fanging it which is stupid but if anyone on this site  has never had a speeding ticket please polish your halos now.

Phantar link said:
It's not the sort of freeway (really an expressway) where you want to be travelling at that speed at anytime. Too many on/off ramps in close proximity to each other, hence the greater chance of a collision with a slower moving vehicle. And if Whatnow was already on his P plates (in his late 20s!) - then he isn't the sort of driver who should be speeding at anytime.

The exit ramps and entry ramps all work quite well except the Mosman/Manly one.  I assume that is where Choc would have been getting off so I doubt he was caught there.  More likely he came out of the Harbour Tunnel and put his foot down like plenty of people do.  I have seen plenty of people get pulled over in that area before (not me I swear!) and I doubt 133km/h is the record...

The number of entrys/exits is probably the justification for it being an 80 zone. Not really as much of an issue at 2am as the whole area would be far less busy than it would be during the day, and in any case I think it should be 100 at all times anyway.

240km/h M4, WRX STI. Just for the record I wasnt driving.

The quickest I've done is 195km/h, but that was out of a plane.

clontaago link said:
240km/h M4, WRX STI. Just for the record I wasnt driving.

The quickest I've done is 195km/h, but that was out of a plane.

Go head towards earth & you will beat that.

RE: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

Far out.

The guy got done doing 130kph. About 10kph more than most people do on the f3.

Do you people ring the police when a car backfires?

What a sensitive bunch of little babies.

I don't understand why this has been regurgitated.

**** you, I can regurgitate whatever I like. :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8