Olympic Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just thought I’d start a thread for the Olympics. Looking for updates, upcoming events where we’ve got a shot at a medal. Personally I usually watch the swimming and athletics. Took a punt and watched the woman’s soccer against Sweden. Got pumped 4-2. That’ll learn me for watching soccer. Had to look twice at the program when it said skateboard heats!?, skateboarding, fmd.

Great win by the women's 4 x 100 metre freestyle team, and a new world record! awesome.

Also followed by Canada in second place, beating the usa by 3/100ths of a second (woohoo).

The Tunisian swimmer who bumped the aussie into silver in the 400m freestyle was a great story (and I hope there's no ... well you know what I mean when someone comes from nowhere)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

First time for the 1500 metre woman’s race at the Olympics. How cool is it that the chick that wins this first race (looking very much like the Canadian girl half way thru), will be known as the first Olympic record holder . ( Had to larf when the Aussie chick commentator was explaining the situation, and she adds lastly, "She’ll even get a certificate !"…..wow, wee.:clap:

Last edited:
Thanks for the great thread @wombatgc! Really enjoying watching the Olympics while not working/in lockdown. Personally love the swimming and diving, but watch gymnastics and other sports too.

Titmus's gold was awesome and I've just seen Kaylee McKeown's gold which was equally as good. Another special moment was seeing Emily Seebohm at her 4th Olympics swimming with McKeown.

Also a highlight was watching Sally Fitzgibbon in the women's surfing. Sadly just lost in her heat and was understandably shattered. Overcame her emotion to speak with class and dignity in defeat.

Riddle me this !!

The teams / individuals are supposed to be just flown in for their event and flown immediately home afterwards.

The teams are supposed to be isolated from other nations teams ( or no fraternising).

If so , why has the IOC issued 140,000 condoms already and apparently has 450,000 in their supply.

???

I think I’ve just gone up a level for being a patriot for your country.
Just finished watching the Aussie girls against the USA in the soccer.
94 minutes of mind numbing dullness, for a 0-0 final score line.
I love my country, but I feel I deserve a medal, a participation award, something for making it all the way thru. My god I hate soccer.

Riddle me this !!

The teams / individuals are supposed to be just flown in for their event and flown immediately home afterwards.

The teams are supposed to be isolated from other nations teams ( or no fraternising).

If so , why has the IOC issued 140,000 condoms already and apparently has 450,000 in their supply.

???
Well they didn’t supply them for fraternising, just sex!

Riddle me this !!

???
They just need to be responsible and wear a mask.

I think I’ve just gone up a level for being a patriot for your country.
Just finished watching the Aussie girls against the USA in the soccer.
94 minutes of mind numbing dullness, for a 0-0 final score line.
I love my country, but I feel I deserve a medal, a participation award, something for making it all the way thru. My god I hate soccer.
That’s what the Matidas were chasing - a participation award for coming third in the group ( of four).
Pisspoor not even trying to boss the game and revert to a holding pattern if needed.

They were lucky the Yanks goal was called offside then they would’ve had to chase the game.

Yes, they’ll in all probability progress to the next stage but that also will most likely be where their participation ends.

Riddle me this !!

???
To send a message.
Go fark your self.
The Olympics pretends to be about bringing peace and breaking through politics but it is only about tv rights and sponsorship.

I can’t get the 200 metres freestyle won by our own Arianne Titmus (she Is a super talent no doubt. But whenever I hear her surname, it reminds me of Keith, and what could’ve been.)
Channel 7 have got the rights, fair enough. But why make it so hard, in this Covid lockdown to spread some positive news. So I’m just asking, can anyone supply a link to this event from start to finish. Thankyou.

aust snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with the womens 4 x 200m freestyle relay

what a colossal **** up to change the time honoured system of the fastest swimmer last and not to include one of the other swimmers who was lightning fast but to keep some tiring racers in.

really bad mistake.

aust snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with the womens 4 x 200m freestyle relay

what a colossal **** up to change the time honoured system of the fastest swimmer last and not to include one of the other swimmers who was lightning fast but to keep some tiring racers in.

really bad mistake.
Suss on China (Covid mother f’ers). And I thought Russia was given the arse from these games.
Ludecky swam a monumental last leg for the yanks .

But for the Aussies you can’t go past the bloke who would’ve had to repeat his surname a million times Izzaac Stubblety-Cook. Timed it to perfection. And an Olympic record to go with it. Well done.

That’s what the Matidas were chasing - a participation award for coming third in the group ( of four).
Pisspoor not even trying to boss the game and revert to a holding pattern if needed.

They were lucky the Yanks goal was called offside then they would’ve had to chase the game.

Yes, they’ll in all probability progress to the next stage but that also will most likely be where their participation ends.
Wow what a great game.
Into the semi final!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4