Other Games - Round 17, 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's beat those purple scum next week
They are my most hatered team and we have not beaten them at brookvale oval in ages
They will be tough but I think walker and co may have something special for that Scott and co.

Is Walkz ok for next week?

IMG_0643.JPG
Is Walkz ok for next week?
Yes I think so
He will not miss next week you can guarantee that
The lowlife Scott is in for some treatment, you can guarantee our boys will have circled this game.

Agree I wanted them to win tonight no one will give us a chance and they won't be as focused or as desperate
Think we may cause a massive upset

Are you delusional (just joking), but they have put 50 on on the goons that will be doubled against our pop gun defence with a full strength side.

Lets hope they dont rest players.

I'm really sick of the love fest for scam Smith. When he retires he'll have Joey Johns as his personal fluffer.
They love giving stats throughout the game. Well how about how many times did Blowey say Cameron Smith?, surely it would've been close to the combined score line!

Ok.
The apex of the sCam love mountain has just been reached.
Goose Gould jizzing in his jeans about sCams latest superhuman feat.
Yep. Holding a McDonald's sign up to the camera all while being interviewed.
It surely can't get any worse.
Any buses coming along? I'm under it if it is.
I can't take anymore of it...

One thing I saw last night.....without the likes of Vaughan, Frizell and Sims in front of him making tackles.....Dufty's piss poor defensive game at fullback was exposed big time.

Another of the U/20 outside back graduates.....speed, great with the ball in hand. But don't ask him to tackle.

Last edited:
Yep. Even with 10 guys out (Illawarra had just five out) Melbourne showed what depth they had.
Dufty is a great attacking weapon but is a liability in defence.
Heaven help Illawarra if Widdop gets hurt, or the club suffers injuries like every other team has.

Yep. Even with 10 guys out (Illawarra had just five out) Melbourne showed what depth they had.
Heaven help Illawarra if Widdop gets hurt, or the club suffers injuries like every other team has.
What also stands out and it is a tribute to both these coaches that even with depleted sides both teams played great footy and competed well .

Are you delusional (just joking), but they have put 50 on on the goons that will be doubled against our pop gun defence with a full strength side.

Lets hope they dont rest players.
St Choke were terrible in defence. I'd argue that even our crap lineup would put 30 points on that side. Goes to show the difference in having the same side every week.

St Choke were terrible in defence. I'd argue that even our crap lineup would put 30 points on that side. Goes to show the difference in having the same side every week.
When was the last time that we beat St Choke ?
I cant remember . Please help

Cheyse Blair barely even broke stride when running though Dufty's so-called tackle attempt. Last night showed why I laughed at anyone who suggested that he should have been in the NSW side. Its bad enough having two centres (Mitchell and Roberts) who can't tackle worth a damn unless their back rower does most of the work without a fullback who can't tackle either.

As much as Tom cops it for his defensive positioning at fullback at times with Manly, at least he can tackle.

If St Merge lost Widdop to injury they'd be shot to bits. Everything runs through him. He's the organiser, the chief play maker, first choice kicker and goal kicker.

Cheyse Blair barely even broke stride when running though Dufty's so-called tackle attempt. Last night showed why I laughed at anyone who suggested that he should have been in the NSW side. Its bad enough having two centres (Mitchell and Roberts) who can't tackle worth a damn unless their back rower does most of the work without a fullback who can't tackle either.

As much as Tom cops it for his defensive positioning at fullback at times with Manly, at least he can tackle.

If St Merge lost Widdop to injury they'd be shot to bits. Everything runs through him. He's the organiser, the chief play maker, first choice kicker and goal kicker.
The feeble defenders have no where to hide especially in the big games
Being a Manly supporters that has been spoilt by our decade of dominance I have zero tolerance for mediocre players
43b64e11e81a5076f05a8963b536e448.jpg

If I heard correctly, Illawarra hasn't been Melbourne in any of the 15 games played in Melbourne. Amazing. Now that is a hoodoo.
Illawarra has one over us but not quite that dominant.
Would I be right in surmising that Manly has the best win-loss record over Melbourne of any club? We beat them quite regularly. Anyone know?

Phil Gould also said last night (probably with David Middleton giving him the info) that no team has conceded 50 points in a game during the regular season and gone on to win the premiership.

If I heard correctly, Illawarra hasn't been Melbourne in any of the 15 games played in Melbourne. Amazing. Now that is a hoodoo.
Illawarra has one over us but not quite that dominant.
Would I be right in surmising that Manly has the best win-loss record over Melbourne of any club? We beat them quite regularly. Anyone know?

The top 4 with wins over Melbourne are:

Dogs (21/39 - 21W, 18L) - 53.8%
Warriors (16/42 - 16W, 23L, 3D) - 38.1%
Chooks (15/35 - 15W, 20L) - 42.8%
Manly (14/34 - 14W, 18L, 2D) - 41.2%

In all 34 games we've played against Melbourne, we have scored 581 points and conceded 694.

Last edited:
Phil Gould also said last night (probably with David Middleton giving him the info) that no team has conceded 50 points in a game during the regular season and gone on to win the premiership.

In all 34 games we've played against Melbourne, we have scored 581 points and conceded 694.
How surprising that Canterbury has such a good record against Melbourne.

In Regards to P Gould . No team missing their top 5 players has ever won a premiership either .
When the Dragons big 5 come back they are another team .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8