Our draw is a farce!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TB made mention of our schedule at the press conference after tonights VICTORY. He was clearly making a point about player welfare may have even mentioned those words but there was no elaboration from the media even seems fox news attempted to edit it out, i know i make it sound like a conspiracy but the question needs to be asked?? Thoughts?

That may be the case, but tbh I am not really sure the NRL is disadvantaged or the media for that matter. They would not do it if it was not for the money, the NRL media buddies pay for the time slots primarily. And then advertisers pay for the privilege as well etc etc.......all for the money....!
But if the ratings fall so do the advertising revenue.

I do think that it is a deliberate tactic to weaken the strong Clubs like Manly and Scumos last year.

But ultimately it hardens the resolve of the team, so we should be diamonds by round 8. Apart from the injuries, Manly are actually accelerating the team bonding with all this duress :nod:

Tupou was blatantly offside and definitely within 10m of the defence anyway, so even if Aubusson was onside (not convinced the front foot was behind the kicker anyway), maybe they just pinged the wrong offside Rorter.

That's the thing about this one. Tupou was 5 metres offside at the 2nd kick and within 10 metres of the ball the entire time. As the rule stands it was a correct call of no-try. And for the record I thought Aubusson was offside as well.

That's the thing about this one. Tupou was 5 metres offside at the 2nd kick and within 10 metres of the ball the entire time. As the rule stands it was a correct call of no-try. And for the record I thought Aubusson was offside as well.
Last year's Raiders game win - Snake was in front of the play the ball, ended up scoring that try near the end of the game - Media outcry about the offside rule then - now, 'The Bunker got it wrong' :confused:

Free champagne! Perfect for soreness

"and the NRL (Nein) will give disadvantaged teams (Manly), a few extra $$ towards accommodation !!... when asked in the press conference after the game, how that will help Zoolander replied sarcastically ... 'softer beds'

Free champagne! Perfect for soreness

Would've been funny if Trenty took the boys down the road straight after the win last night to utilize the Qantas club lounge area free piiss for player welfare program...boys spraying champagne everywhere, potato dragging in the wheelie bin to use the lid to smash out the team song!,Vave devouring the bainmarie full of chicken schnitzel.....maybe we can work with this!lol

Would've been funny if Trenty took the boys down the road straight after the win last night to utilize the Qantas club lounge area free piiss for player welfare program...boys spraying champagne everywhere, potato dragging in the wheelie bin to use the lid to smash out the team song!,Vave devouring the bainmarie full of chicken schnitzel.....maybe we can work with this!lol
Chicken schnitzel! It's ham n cheese toasties in the QANTAS lounge and normally a fancy hotdog event in the business one (in Melbourne at least)

Chicken schnitzel! It's ham n cheese toasties in the QANTAS lounge and normally a fancy hotdog event in the business one (in Melbourne at least)
Vave sworn off snitys anyway....he'll compromise the toasties for sure! There's no way Greenburg will cough for the business entry, so we can forget the fancy dog (that's more Mitchell's thing anyway).

Losing chez and Jamie for a month will cost us.
These quick turn around will bugger the boys, but I think it will work in our favour in the end.
This is the stuff that builds character, and enhances the "us vs the world" attitude of the playing group.
If we can snag a 50/50 win/loss over the next 4-5 weeks, I reckon we will kick on from there.

Anyone with a spreadsheet (or slide rule for the older folk) could come up with an equitable draw. Current draw is a joke and is bordering on collusion to fix results or at the least advantage certain teams. Manly should sue the NRL for providing unfair playing conditions, we would only need to tender two pieces of evidence....our draw and the Broncos draw.

I'm worried about how the workload will effect Snake. Someone that has a modified training schedule, backing up with little recovery time.
We saw it last night - MIA and given up on jumping to take the bombs. :cool:

He was really struggling with his online defense too, that 2nd half try was a terrible arm grab attempt by Snake, with no Matai to help out :(

The thing I absolutely cannot figure is why every other club doesn't combine to highlight the run the Broncos have. I understand the argument offered is Brisbane TV, but surely there is some legal protest to say it makes the competition completely unfair.

Five-day turnarounds in 2016 NRL draw:-

Manly: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Wests Tigers 4, Newcastle: 3, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 2, Melbourne: 2, Penrith: 2, St George Illawarra: 2, South Sydney: 2, Brisbane: 1, Cronulla: 1, North Queensland: 1, Parramatta: 1, Gold Coast: 0, Warriors: 0.

Facing teams coming off a five-day turnaround in 2016:-

South Sydney: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Brisbane: 3, Melbourne: 3, North Queensland: 3, Manly: 2, Newcastle: 2, Parramatta: 2, Wests Tigers: 2, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 1, Cronulla: 1, Gold Coast: 1, Warriors: 1, Penrith: 0, St George Illawarra: 0

Pretty clear that some teams are given an advantage in the draw.....! Manly are obviously NOT one of these teams. This IMO is actually very serious and needs far more attention than what it is getting. The NRL need to be investigated.....!

The AFL has no five-day turnarounds in its schedule this year.

Five-day turnarounds in 2016 NRL draw:-

Manly: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Wests Tigers 4, Newcastle: 3, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 2, Melbourne: 2, Penrith: 2, St George Illawarra: 2, South Sydney: 2, Brisbane: 1, Cronulla: 1, North Queensland: 1, Parramatta: 1, Gold Coast: 0, Warriors: 0.

Facing teams coming off a five-day turnaround in 2016:-

South Sydney: 4, Sydney Roosters: 4, Brisbane: 3, Melbourne: 3, North Queensland: 3, Manly: 2, Newcastle: 2, Parramatta: 2, Wests Tigers: 2, Canterbury: 2, Canberra: 1, Cronulla: 1, Gold Coast: 1, Warriors: 1, Penrith: 0, St George Illawarra: 0

Pretty clear that some teams are given an advantage in the draw.....! Manly are obviously NOT one of these teams. This IMO is actually very serious and needs far more attention than what it is getting. The NRL need to be investigated.....!

The AFL has no five-day turnarounds in its schedule this year.
I reckon you're absolutely correct here. Everything in this year's competition is stacked against Manly in many ways.
There is no fairness in a competition with so many variables that are favourable to some teams and disadvantage others. It's like running the 100 metres at the Olympics with staggered starting positions and still celebrating when the guy who only has to run 20 metres wins.
I agree there should be some investigating into these matters.
Is there any other competition in the world where these inconsistencies happen?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4