Our recruitment priority for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Perrett / Winterstein are Park footy players at best.

We are short a good quality , long minutes, hard tackling first grader, probably in the Ethan Lowe type mould, not a world beater but a doer!!

We lose so much when our two frontline props come off, you just know we’ll go backwards when that happens.

Tangles might get there, Sipley didn’t play enough to judge.

Otherwise another Prop as well.

And TWO wingers, Parker is another Park footy player and as much as I love Horhay for his past exploits his days on the wing are ( IMO) finished.

We probably won’t attract a Cory Oates or a Addo-Carr so I’d go for the best two they can find in the lower grades, I think one of the new players rumoured to be coming might be one of those.

We are covered otherwise, and unlike the Roosters who can have 17 million dollar players and then 13 half million dollar players you know that players 25-30 are very average at best, and little we can do about that!
From all reports Reuben Garruck is all of thise things as a winger and i really rate Funa too. Elliott adds speed and depth too. Ballin hopefully in and whips suli and Taufua into shape. Definitely another middle forward

Pretty spot on

Genuine 5/8: move heaven and earth to get James Maloney if as reported he’s on the outer at Penrith.

A better balanced forward pack: our forwards as Maxta correctly points out are all in the same mould; strong men capable of making impacts in small bursts but also capable of falling flat in patches. This means when one or two are down we lack the work horses to pick up the slack and we get caught on the back foot and leak a huge amount of points.

Players with big motors and the ability to move laterally and absorb pressure in defence are required. Think a player in the smart Prior mould, not a superstar by any means but is the glue we need to hold our pack together.

I would be making the tough call to move Taupau along in the interests of getting Maloney and some more balanced forwards. Alex Walmsley at the right price is perfect and yes probably not the personality you want at the club but I’d also try and nab Matt Lodge. Tom Amone also fits the bill and deserves a promotion.

Genuine wingers with speed and some backline depth is the final piece. Reuben Garrick fits this mould and Jaffna Anderson should get a crack. I’d also bring Joel Moon across from Superleague was 2nd in the man of steel last year and can play anywhere in the backline, which we need with Wright departing.

That makes the squad

Trbojevic
Moon (new)
Anderson
Taufua
Parker (preferably released)
Garrick
Elliot
Suli
Kelly
Walker
Elgey
Maloney
Cherry Evans
Hodkinson
Walmsley
Fonua-Blake
Lodge
Tanginoa
Paseka
Sipley
Perrett (preferably released)
Koroisau
Fainu
Thompson
Amone
Sironen
Gosiewski
Jake Trbojevic
Winterstein (preferably released)
One spot to fill

In: Moon, Garrick, Maloney, Walmsley, Elliot, Elgey, Maloney, Lodge, Anderson, Amone

Out: Taupau, Myles, Wright, Wright, Wright, Funa, Croker, Brown, Lane

Hopefully moved on: Parker, Perrett, Winterstein

Last edited:
A reminder to everybody ... that when Winterstein played for 80mins nearly every game in 2017 ... we came 6th, and were unlucky not to come 4th .......
Yes, he's an interesting one... I watched the extended highlights of our win over the Storm, yesterday. Winterstein was in everything - picking up scraps for an offload which nearly led to a try, couple of big hits, making breaks, getting into the brawl and holding off several players with his size...then you look at his games last season and he's making 30 metres in a half-hour spell off the bench. Has potential, but at 31 he ain't going to find it easily.

I always rated his defence out wide when he played there in the 2017 season. Was very solid, locked up the ball effectively, didn't get run off his line. I think he's decent for depth, isn't getting paid much and can do a good job...on occasion.

A reminder to everybody ... that when Winterstein played for 80mins nearly every game in 2017 ... we came 6th, and were unlucky not to come 4th .......
I disagree.... we won several very close games (6 games by 6 or under). We were actually lucky to come 6th. We may have been in contention for top 4 at one stage, but we definitely weren't 'unlucky' to miss the 4. We were more likely to miss the 8 than make the 4.

Last edited:
I disagree.... we won several very close games. We were actually lucky to come 6th.

Blakey, Blakey, Blakey .... That really is a dark, damp and miserable place you inhabit old mate ..... let the sun shine in and you will realise we also lost some very close games and were unlucky not to have come 2nd .......

PSS .... I have no idea what this has to do with the point that I made .... ie .. when Winterstein played 80min every game we came 6th ... just an interesting fact.

Blakey, Blakey, Blakey .... That really is a dark, damp and miserable place you inhabit old mate ..... let the sun shine in and you will realise we also lost some very close games and were unlucky not to have come 2nd .......

PSS .... I have no idea what this has to do with the point that I made .... ie .. when Winterstein played 80min every game we came 6th ... just an interesting fact.
You made a point that we were unlucky to not make the 4.... and I'm saying that isn't true. How is that not related to a point you made?

You made a point that we were unlucky to not make the 4.... and I'm saying that isn't true. How is that not related to a point you made?

and I'm saying that what your saying about what I am saying is not true ...

Do you mean
"Come forth"......?
You're not religifying this discussion are you Woodsie?

We all keep saying “ he’s cheap or he’d be cheap”, but if you consider Myles was on big money and quite a few of the others on decent money surely we have the $$$ to buy a decent player or two rather than just look at rubbish has beens not wanted by their current clubs.

Actually getting them to come might be a harder task nevertheless it shouldn’t be about buying a whole stack of bargain buys ( lord knows we’ve been down that road and it hasn’t worked).
There we go with the religion again .......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10