Parker, Garrick, and Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
People are going on about Des finally getting team selections right - they claim Silvertails already picked the side, which ran out these past two weeks at the beginning of the season.

I, along with many others, were screaming for Parker, Croker, and Garrick to be dropped from this side for a month.

Fortunately, I don't select the team.

People are going on about Des finally getting team selections right - they claim Silvertails already picked the side, which ran out these past two weeks at the beginning of the season.

I, along with many others, were screaming for Parker, Croker, and Garrick to be dropped from this side for a month.

Since Turbo's return Garrick and Parker have become lots better.. Parker's defence is top notch and Garrick is finding his front with his runs. Croker is still average in attack but he runs the game plan well and defends his ass off. Once fainu comes back we will be top 4 material

I was as well

What i've realised over the weeks is how much rugby league really is just about psychology.

Even without turbo, that Warriors win set us up well. It was so important for our side to learn to grind out a win and be patient both with and without the ball again. The players were mentally shot before the Warriors game, especially Garrick, DCE. Parker is a great addition to a team that is confident in its attack, where he plugs in to play a role well. But he can't really provide that direction or spark, same goes for Garrick and Croker. When the rest of the team got their confidence back after Warriors game and Trbo's return (/return of our planned structures), players like the ones mentioned come to life again.

Considering how much I despised him earlier, I've been growing quite proud of Garrick since rd 3 when his defence started to show major improvements (from late 2020 and 2021 rds 1-2 shockers). He's really done well and is playing confident now.

Croker is adapting to the 9 and he has been mostly ok this year even in some of our losses, just quiet up until the last two weeks. It's important he can keep building into that 9 role for this year.

I think Croker has really improved over the past 3 wins we have had, his service out of dummy half seems to be improving every game and is defending well and is starting to develop a bit of a running game... For a while there I couldn't see how Cust wasn't starting at 9 as he seemed to offer more in attack but gotta say Croker has had a good few weeks and deserves to be there at the moment.

I'm not sure what we are going to do when/if Finau comes back, he hasn't played in almost 18 months and I don't think he is going to have the same kind of instant impact that Turbo has had. Looking at his Insta, he has been smashing snitzels and smoking argile so not sure what kind of shape he is in atm

This footage reveals the valid reason why we were all screaming after seeing our team cop record thrashings in succession

Last edited:

Garrick has surprised me, don’t know what clicked in him but his kick returns have been good, his body position going into the defence is way better.

Hope he can maintain the form.

yep me too - I was on that bandwagon. Just so lucky that when Des has success it is always on the back of injuries forcing his hand or him having good players!

Croker just a stop gap , regardless of what you say !!
Yep! Garrick was is a great winger and I could never understand his criticism this year.
Parker is always a genuine back up centre but the problem is injury has seen him start more than he should have and people judge him as our 1st choice centre.
Croker is a great defender and has saved us plenty of times and topped the tackle count again this week. His service is fine when he just passes BUT when he tries to scoot then pass we see the same old confused Croker. He should either pass or run! Not try to incorporate both on the same play. Hopefully he continues to improve but I still see it as our weak link at the moment.

Croker just a stop gap , regardless of what you say !!
Yes Croker is just a stop gap. He is simply not a first grade quality nine. He has improved a lot though. As has Parker and Garrick. If we can ever get a full strength team on the park, Croker and Parker will definitely drop out. Garrick is doing enough to hold his spot, and no-one at Blacktown is playing well enough to take it from him.

That doesn’t mean there are not better options. Croker is defending very well, his service is sloppy and slow and not the answer long term, but we are skinny in this area so he has to stay for now. However, he tries his guts out just like Parker and they have my respect.

As for Garrick, again I think we can and should do better. I am happy for him to keep his spot until Koula comes through next year who has a ceiling infinitely higher than Garrick. Again, he has my respect for his effort and how he has come back to some solid form. Good for him.

The Titans have scored over 70 points either side of playing Manly last weekend. Fifita scored six tries. The fact we held them to zero shows we are heading in the right direction.

Well done lads.
Yep said it already in another post, great defensive effort last 2 weeks, even the warriors game, we scrambled and did well and that’s where the defensive turnaround began we are 12,0 and 6, 18 point leak over 3 games and thats why we can look forward with confidence, we were very unlucky not to have held the tigpies to a clean slate, can’t blame chez for trying to stop that early kick, but Tom had it covered and if chez didn’t deflect it, they wouldnt have scored, then 12,0,0, not many sides are holding the opposition scoreless under the new rules, well done lads keep up the good work, no keep up the hard work.

Seemed noticeable yesterday that there was some definite pride level in keeping up some pretty effective and consistent defence . West Tigers may be not one of the most threatening attacking units but has seemed a much better defensive formation in recent weeks and improved communication for Manly . Will be a real test against the well drilled Panthers but have had sides in the past couple of weeks really putting it to them to disrupt their rhythm and sure that this current Manly line up are capable of doing the same . Much about attitude and players capable enough and being up to speed in any set game and Manly are on a bit of a roll at the moment . Tough assignment but no reason why they can not be more then competitive against the Panthers

All three players have lifted their games in a big way.

Parker has stepped up defensively and hes really solid at the moment. Garrick is benefitting from some quality service from our halves and Croker is really getting into the groove as a 9. I have been most critical of him and yesterday you saw the improvement out of dummy half service and tackling.

The Titans have scored over 70 points either side of playing Manly last weekend. Fifita scored six tries. The fact we held them to zero shows we are heading in the right direction.

Well done lads.
Perspective time ...

Yes beating the Titans is heading in the right direction

Beating the Top 6 Benchmark contenders is heading heading to a level of excellence

Beating the Top 6 Benchmark contenders is heading towards another grand final win

That is the difference !

These boys are benefiting from what is going on around them. Crooker is working hard in defence but is not a top line hooker because he does not have enough speed off the mark. Parker is a great defender knows how to hit a hole but lacks genuine speed. Garrick has improved but he hasn't had to do much in defence where he was poor in the first 4 rounds. Credit to the boys for their improvement but lets keep it in perspective. There is a long way to go yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8