Pathetic Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 link said:
just quietly .. melbourne don't bring any supporters with them, so the away support was non-existent. The 530 timeslot is hard for people with babies and toddlers (my excuse)

Unfortunately , there was a group of 20 or so of them near me in the F-M stand . They copped plenty , tried to give it back but were shooting blanks all night !

One classic line I heard was , "Oh well it's the only trophy we haven't won , and we're not even doing it legally" !

Mmmmm , winning a wooden spoon, Doh

As for the crowd, very dissapointing. Too many winning only supporters I'm afraid

I saw some Melbourne supporters - they were blimps. Now we know where the salary cap went . . . they ate it!

Some people work on Saturdays and finish between 3-5pm also shopping and sporting activities getting the kids ready makes 5:30pm a slot where everything feels like a rush especially if your not a local.

It's a crap time!730 and I would have been there easy.Sunday arvo at 2 or 3 and as BH said,4000 more at least.Even 730 would have got 2k to 3k more.

Okay another post that'll get me a few smites but what's the excuse when they play on a Sunday afternoon on a perfectly sunny afternoon and struggle to get 15k?

Just watching it now after recording it. Very disappointed

A Manly side "performing well not inconsistent" on a Sunny Sunday at 3pm usually does bring in 15,000 or more against good opposition so whats your point.

The great crowd at Blue Tongue was more to do with two Sydney(NSW) teams who have recently been playing well and the perfect Sunday timeslot under great conditions.

I've actually been surprised by some of the turnouts on Monday nights this year--- would have thought they would of been under 11,000 easily--- even the night game against the Gold Coast who have no supporters on any given "night" was a half decent crowd.

Technical Coach link said:
the more intellectual your supporter base the less fanatical you are to go and watch a game if conditions are not to your liking especially when the facilities are not up to par.
dumb people don't like cold pies either.

Anyone who plays Saturday afternoon sport is also out for a 5.30 pm game. Couldn't make it for that reason. Would love to have been and would have should it have been 7.30 pm. Sunday afternoon at Brookie is my preferred time.

For farks sake!
If you can't get to a 5:30 on Satdy, you're not trying.

It's early enough to take the kids for the family types. It's earlier than a night out for the party types.
For those who are bitching that they have to work on Satdy night, I'm sorry but fckuk you. More normal people are working on Fridays & Mondays, you are just the unfortunates.

Nothing is going to suit everyone, but the time that suits the majority would surely be 5:30 on a Satdy night.

The crowd was piss poor because Manly fans are piss poor.

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying "fcuk you all, I had a top night" will not hit its audience.

I can't comprehend how anybody can complain about that game time other than them being completely selfish.

I play in bands, it means I miss games. I'm not going to be in Sydney for the Warriors game. I'm not going to complain about scheduling though. That's just the way it rolls. I'll be at every game I can.

People need to harden the fcuk up. If you're in Sydney & we have a home game, it is your duty to go. Work it out.

Duff link said:
For farks sake!

It's early enough to take the kids for the family types. It's earlier than a night out for the party types.
For those who are bitching that they have to work on Satdy night, I'm sorry but fckuk you. More normal people are working on Fridays & Mondays, you are just the unfortunates.

Nothing is going to suit everyone, but the time that suits the majority would surely be 5:30 on a Satdy night.

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying \"fcuk you all, I had a top night\" will not hit its audience.

I can't comprehend how anybody can complain about that game time other than them being completely selfish.

I play in bands, it means I miss games. I'm not going to be in Sydney for the Warriors game. I'm not going to complain about scheduling though. That's just the way it rolls. I'll be at every game I can.

People need to harden the fcuk up. If you're in Sydney & we have a home game, it is your duty to go. Work it out.
stands and applauds!

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184531.msg282665#msg282665 date=1281196260]
For farks sake!

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying \"fcuk you all, I had a top night\" will not hit its audience.

stands and applauds!
[/quote]

I had to work tonight, and I was at the game. I left at the end, raced to Chatswood and started work at 8. Didn't finish till a few hours ago, the up side being I had the entire night to gloat about the win.

Duff link said:
For farks sake!

Jeez,to live in Sydney,and have nothing else to do on a weekend,except go to the footy!I'd be in heaven.Well,my daughter was horse riding in the Megalong Valley until 4pm,and I challenge any person with less than a formula 1 race car to get from there to Brookie in 1 1/2 hrs.The simple fact that there was only 12k there,is all the proof we need that somethings crook with match times.Manly fans are not piss poor,some of us just have other lives outside the maroon and white.

If Manly were to fold,I'd still have a daughter!I'm happy with where my priorities lie!!!!!!!!!

I had to miss a soccer game (I wasn't well anyway witrh bruised ribs) so anyone with match committments couldn't make it. Also they way we HAVE benn playing probably kept alot away. I have a mate who was a regular just want to have a break from the ordinary stuff we had been showing each week. 

Didn't the CEO plead with Manly fans to turn up to Brookie this week?

Time to consider a move to the SFS until Brookie is up to scratch.

I think blaming fans who don't attend is barking up the wrong tree. It is well-known that there are a lot of Manly supporters who only surface at certain times, such as the 2008 GF. It is therefore the challenge for the club (and the NRL hahaha) to attract more fans by making the match experience more enticing.

Obviously decent facilities at the ground are a very big part of that. Scheduling is a big part as well. But separate from facilities and scheduling is promotion. I don't know what the club does to promote attendance at home games, I don't live in Sydney so maybe there is a lot of promotion that I just don't hear about?

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184531.msg282665#msg282665 date=1281196260]
For farks sake!

stands and applauds!
[/quote]

yeah,me to

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8