Pathetic Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
agree, my pie was rock hard, bit muddy climbing the hill, it aint the 1970's! No wonder people ain't going!! yes, we are there for footy but thats only roughly 6-8 thousand. 25 bucks for a crap view, horrendous toilets, wet and slippery hill, I get why we dodn't get the crowds. I still love Brookie though

Frogz link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184531.msg282665#msg282665 date=1281196260]
For farks sake!
If you can't get to a 5:30 on Satdy, you're not trying.

It's early enough to take the kids for the family types. It's earlier than a night out for the party types.
For those who are bitching that they have to work on Satdy night, I'm sorry but fckuk you. More normal people are working on Fridays & Mondays, you are just the unfortunates.

Nothing is going to suit everyone, but the time that suits the majority would surely be 5:30 on a Satdy night.

The crowd was piss poor because Manly fans are piss poor.

Unfortunately, the ones I want to blow up at wont read this board. So saying \"fcuk you all, I had a top night\" will not hit its audience.

I can't comprehend how anybody can complain about that game time other than them being completely selfish.

I play in bands, it means I miss games. I'm not going to be in Sydney for the Warriors game. I'm not going to complain about scheduling though. That's just the way it rolls. I'll be at every game I can.

People need to harden the fcuk up. If you're in Sydney & we have a home game, it is your duty to go. Work it out.

Welll Duff you are a dickhead..>Do you play sport on saturday afternoons or sit on you fat arse...Do your kids work and need to be picked up....do you do anything...5.30 on Saturday is the worst time for a family ever. Acvtually any night is....Sunday at 2.00 or 3.00..... wouldnt that be nice (occasionally) for a big match
[/quote]

Haha, I'm a dickhead? You're the miserable prick sighting his kids as a burden.

Yeah I do stuff & as I said I miss some games. I just don't get myself in a position where any game that's played in a particular timeslot is automatically ruled out.

And ayjay007, this isn't about Leeds or any ground other than Brookvale. That's the place we have the obligation to get to, as much as is possible. Everyone has weddings & 21sts & all that to attend. My beef is with excuses.

Dont think I said my kids were a burden stupid. I stated that i couldnt get to Saturday games at 5.30 as I have commitments. Thta doesnt make me a weak supporter.

So you miss home games...harden up wanker

Question: If your a season ticket holder (meaning you've actually bought a ticket for every home game of the year), yet don't turn up because your family wants you at home, does that count?

I think everyone needs to calm down... I was at the game last Saturday, and I know for the fact that I am a true supporter, I go to away trips, Brisbane, GC, Melbourne and all the closer ones I can manage, I travel to bluetongue and I do my best to make it to every home game.

That said I do miss games. My regular shift at work is a Sat night so that makes it hard to make it every week. That doesn't make me a 'soft' supporter that just means I have to work for a living. Likewise I am not going to judge people who have kids or who have other responsibilities. Life is bigger then football, and its bigger then Manly and some things have to come first : and before you slag me over this I am as passionate as they come.

The truth is a lot of factors are not assisting people in getting to the games, and some of them are fixable and have not been, this is where the club and the NRL are responsible for the low numbers.

Brookie is frankly an unattractive place to go, its messy, the toilets are disgusting, the food horrid and the weather is a major factor. The transport is crap and our games this year have been at bad times. This is even before you factor in children. I stand on the hill and you know what, I couldn't justify having my kids there with me if I had kids. The language is foul the general behavior of the crowd is poor sometimes and the whole atmosphere is inappropriate. While there are stands and there are 'family' areas they aren't always a lot better.

My major grief is the '5' weeks out scheduling, which is truth is always less then 5 weeks. Since my roster can be done some 6 weeks out it means I have trouble telling my work when I can and can't be available - now they would be willing to give me the time off if I could schedule it, but I can't. This is why I tend to make it to the big away trips more often then not but sometimes miss the home games, simply put I can afford to take a whole weekend off if it involves an interstate trip but not just to make sure I make a home game.

Again everyone calm down, what gives you a right to judge people. And on the flip side before you react to what someone else has said, remember they are just a manly fan, sitting behind a computer screen frustrated at the situation - and in honesty if they actually met you they wouldn't want to say the things they say on here.

Rusty link said:
I think everyone needs to calm down... I was at the game last Saturday, and I know for the fact that I am a true supporter, I go to away trips, Brisbane, GC, Melbourne and all the closer ones I can manage, I travel to bluetongue and I do my best to make it to every home game.

That said I do miss games. My regular shift at work is a Sat night so that makes it hard to make it every week. That doesn't make me a 'soft' supporter that just means I have to work for a living. Likewise I am not going to judge people who have kids or who have other responsibilities. Life is bigger then football, and its bigger then Manly and some things have to come first : and before you slag me over this I am as passionate as they come.

The truth is a lot of factors are not assisting people in getting to the games, and some of them are fixable and have not been, this is where the club and the NRL are responsible for the low numbers.

Brookie is frankly an unattractive place to go, its messy, the toilets are disgusting, the food horrid and the weather is a major factor. The transport is crap and our games this year have been at bad times. This is even before you factor in children. I stand on the hill and you know what, I couldn't justify having my kids there with me if I had kids. The language is foul the general behavior of the crowd is poor sometimes and the whole atmosphere is inappropriate. While there are stands and there are 'family' areas they aren't always a lot better.

My major grief is the '5' weeks out scheduling, which is truth is always less then 5 weeks. Since my roster can be done some 6 weeks out it means I have trouble telling my work when I can and can't be available - now they would be willing to give me the time off if I could schedule it, but I can't. This is why I tend to make it to the big away trips more often then not but sometimes miss the home games, simply put I can afford to take a whole weekend off if it involves an interstate trip but not just to make sure I make a home game.

Again everyone calm down, what gives you a right to judge people. And on the flip side before you react to what someone else has said, remember they are just a manly fan, sitting behind a computer screen frustrated at the situation - and in honesty if they actually met you they wouldn't want to say the things they say on here.

Like it Rusty.To each their own.I used Leeds as an example.It's to show that some could get there,most couldn't.Doesn't mean the supps that watched at home on TV were any less than us that went.Likewise with Brookie,for all the reasons you've mentioned above,+ probably some other reasons.

And to make it worse...1st v 5th this week....Monday bloody night

<Look at Friday nights games Sharks V Roosters for gods sake, they cant be fair dinkum can they. Sunday arvo Panthers v Tigers this should have been Fridaynight with our game Sunday

**** me, you lot can whinge.

Go, Dont Go, if 10 -15 forum users go to a game its going to mean SFA in the grand scheme of things.

And as for the programming, yes its crap, we all think its crap, move on.

God save us this same garbage every week is getting old.

at least when we lose some of the posts are interesting.

Fro link said:
f**k me, you lot can whinge.

Go, Dont Go, if 10 -15 forum users go to a game its going to mean SFA in the grand scheme of things.

I certainly hope those in charge of this club don't have a similar attitude. Every fan that can make it to a game is a big plus for us right now. I organised 5 of my mates to come along last Saturday so 1 forum user not going can easily mean his or her entire family not attending. It adds up mate.

All this thread is about is trying to pinpoint why the crowds are low, plenty of valid points and plenty of things that haven't been addressed by management in DECADES.

The facilities are an absolute abomination, close to the worst of any "professional" sporting team in Australia. I will still get to as many games as I can, but something seriously needs to be done or this club will go the way of the Sharks, and quickly.

Those in charge of clubs have better things to do than wade through this dribble Chuckie.

and all this thread is about is wallies liking a whinge, and we won so that target has been removed for a week.

It's ok though, Saint will thump us and you can all go back to whining about Footy

Fro link said:
Those in charge of clubs have better things to do than wade through this dribble Chuckie.

and all this thread is about is wallies liking a whinge, and we won so that target has been removed for a week.

It's ok though, Saint will thump us and you can all go back to whining about Footy

Forum:-A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

And here was silly me,thinking that's what ST was-a forum!

Fro link said:
f**k me, you lot can whinge.

And as for the programming, yes its crap, we all think its crap, move on.

God save us this same garbage every week is getting old.

at least when we lose some of the posts are interesting.

I agree Fro.

I'm having a general attack on a mass attitude. Not individuals with individual circumstances. It's not personal Frogz, you just chose to take it that way, maybe that means a guilty conscience or something.

It's the lack of 8000 people that bugs me, not one or two who have their own reasons.

There's at least 60,000 out there. It shouldn't be a stretch for 20,000 of them to make it to each home game.

Personally I don't care if nobody goes to away games. It's only putting money into another team.

crowd was pathetic because of the form they produced against knights ..thats why..  it pretty simple to work out.. 

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184531.msg283012#msg283012 date=1281315161]
And you are still a dickhead Duff :)

That's a different topic.

Was this ever in questions?

:)
[/quote]

I think what Duff is trying to say is if you put other things first then you have no reason to whinge, work i can understand but kids sport, WTF?

Honestly, if you were doing even a half decent job of being a parent then your kids would be dragging you to the Manly games.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2