Penn's egged faced But love them still

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, Cleary would have some of the best job security of all NRL coaches, despite taking a team from one game off the GF to possibly wooden spooners in 12 months. Even with injuries taken into account, that's a pretty dramatic slide.

On the other hand, Toovey takes a team from 2nd week of semi's to potentially 8th (unlikely I know, but possible). With not quite the injury toll of the Panthers, but significant nonetheless, plus massive off field distractions. Not a great season, but plenty of coaches at other clubs would have survived that result with barely a murmur.

However, what's done is done, and I'll give Barrett my support. The Penn's now have the club structured how they want it, so there can be no more excuses from them.

Maybe Barrett is a real good coach and Penrith went down hill after he was put on leave....just maybe!!!!!

Yep, the most ironic thing about that song is nothing in it satisfies the definition of irony!

Sorry, it's just something that's always annoyed me. It's my problem and I'm seeking help for it.

Depends whether or not she's marrying a weatherman and he set the date.

Maybe a good time to quit the sheit bagging before the start of next season. To be quite honest I've had a gut full of so called fans bagging our current and future players/coaching staff. Barrett andand Co are our future so suck it up and if you don't like it then go and support Parra, there's plenty to whinge about of there.

Yep, the most ironic thing about that song is nothing in it satisfies the definition of irony!

Sorry, it's just something that's always annoyed me. It's my problem and I'm seeking help for it.
Flea playing and helping write the song annoyed me more.

I am sad the Tooves is leaving but I think Barrett will be good for Manly and I also think the support team around him will be good also.

Given the quality backs we have I am sure we'll play an expansive game and hopefully even more creatively than we have in the past two years.

Our defence this year has been pretty ordinary compared to years past and I think that's probably what we've been missing more than issues with our attack (defensive structure) which is really what Foran and Watmough carried on about Arthur for, as he was the defensive coach when with Manly. Mind you, it hasn't done Parra too much good and probably because he's now focusing on everything rather than just defence.

I'm not expecting too much next year as it's probably more of a re building year and the players will take some time to get used to the new structures Barrett wants to use but we could over achieve if some of the NYC players like Knight and Demetriou excel like Jake T has.

I reckon next year will probably be Killer's last year and they'll blood Wright in NYC in 2016 and promote him to NRL in 2017.

Maybe Jorge will end up in the forwards as we have a wealth of outside backs and somebody has to be squeezed out to fit others in. I know he isn't happy to move into the forwards (why he left Parra) but he could be a bit like Ronny Gibbs (modified) as he is a big metre eater and having someone like him running off the shoulder of DCE would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Agree with just about everything. At the end of last season I would have agreed with you about Jorge, and was advocating for his move into the forwards, primarily because he was so unsafe under the high ball. But he has been a revaluation this season and certainly deserves to be our first winger picked.

The Riff have had a tougher year than we have, totally decimated by injury and they have struggled since they stood down Barrett.

I think its a good idea to give the guy a chance and see how he does first. Like most of you I hate what the Penns did to Toovey and the unrest that has caused this season. They have made their call and we will have to wait and see. I just hope they give Barrett the support that Toovey did not get!
I agree we need to give the guy a chance. However, what choice do we have. None? I'll support him but WTF. How is it that it is has come to the situation that we have to give a guy "a chance" who has no track record to learn to coach at one of the proudest, most successful clubs in the past 50 years and he is the best we can get? Yep, I'll 100% give Zoolander a chance AND I'll support the club and keep my membership and seats etc and **** I hope I am wrong but I can't see this ending well. If we think this year has been bad I reckon we will look back and think it was a good one.

Maybe a good time to quit the sheit bagging before the start of next season. To be quite honest I've had a gut full of so called fans bagging our current and future players/coaching staff. Barrett andand Co are our future so suck it up and if you don't like it then go and support Parra, there's plenty to whinge about of there.
We are allowed to comment. Just because we don't think Zoolander is the answer doesn't mean we don't support the team. That attitude annoys me.

Agree with just about everything. At the end of last season I would have agreed with you about Jorge, and was advocating for his move into the forwards, primarily because he was so unsafe under the high ball. But he has been a revaluation this season and certainly deserves to be our first winger picked.
Yep, I agree but where do you play Tom T and Gutherson? Both have to be in the team next year as they are both sensational finishers, can make a break and have speed to burn.

Hmmm, what you say is a revelation to me. ;)

We are allowed to comment. Just because we don't think Zoolander is the answer doesn't mean we don't support the team. That attitude annoys me.
Bad luck, don't care. Negative comments on something you know nothing about are not needed. Barrett might be the super coach who might just bring the warring factions in our team together and play with unity and then for each other. Who knows, but carrying on about all things negative is just ridiculous.

I am sad the Tooves is leaving but I think Barrett will be good for Manly and I also think the support team around him will be good also.

Given the quality backs we have I am sure we'll play an expansive game and hopefully even more creatively than we have in the past two years.

Our defence this year has been pretty ordinary compared to years past and I think that's probably what we've been missing more than issues with our attack (defensive structure) which is really what Foran and Watmough carried on about Arthur for, as he was the defensive coach when with Manly. Mind you, it hasn't done Parra too much good and probably because he's now focusing on everything rather than just defence.

I'm not expecting too much next year as it's probably more of a re building year and the players will take some time to get used to the new structures Barrett wants to use but we could over achieve if some of the NYC players like Knight and Demetriou excel like Jake T has.

I reckon next year will probably be Killer's last year and they'll blood Wright in NYC in 2016 and promote him to NRL in 2017.

Maybe Jorge will end up in the forwards as we have a wealth of outside backs and somebody has to be squeezed out to fit others in. I know he isn't happy to move into the forwards (why he left Parra) but he could be a bit like Ronny Gibbs (modified) as he is a big metre eater and having someone like him running off the shoulder of DCE would be a nightmare for the opposition.
I don't want to start a brouhaha but why do people think just because a winger is big that they can move into the forwards?The defensive work is completely foreign for a start and in Taufua case,how often does he hit it up in the middle of the field other than a kick return?Its very similar to suggestions by some people that Ballin could move into the second row,laughable

Bad luck, don't care. Negative comments on something you know nothing about are not needed. Barrett might be the super coach who might just bring the warring factions in our team together and play with unity and then for each other. Who knows, but carrying on about all things negative is just ridiculous.
Sorry qldeagle, I agree with Wombat 64. Everyone has the right to support their team the way they do. That's the whole point of supporting a team, to take us away from real life and give us somewhere to empathise, vent, beat our chests, whatever. No need to get narky with each other - we get narky to supporters of other teams ffs! @:p:giggle:

I don't want to start a brouhaha but why do people think just because a winger is big that they can move into the forwards?The defensive work is completely foreign for a start and in Taufua case,how often does he hit it up in the middle of the field other than a kick return?Its very similar to suggestions by some people that Ballin could move into the second row,laughable
Hmmm... Noel Cleal and Ronnie Gibbs come to mind quite quickly and then there's Brenton Lawrence, Tom Symonds and Feliti Mateo in our current squad who have all played in the outside backs.
Tafua actually takes the first hit up in the middle after kicks to Snake on his side and he does quite well, but not as good as Mattai. I have no problem with his defence, he just misreads the play on occasion by letting guys beat him on the outside.
I take your point and I don't think he'll want to play in the forwards anyway. My point was just how to fit Gutherson and Tom T into the team as there is only one spot available when Foran leaves and I think both have to be in the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6