Penrith offloading a lot of players. Why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They signed Trent to replace Gould and write a new 5 year plan

Trent first sentence begins with order new furniture for players

Second sentence Find drinking hole to take Nathan to regularly

Third sentence Find another club who will sign me in 2021 when panthers finish second last in 2020 and sack assistant coach

That is not their model - they have a number of kids coming through on lowball contracts they will need to upgrade
You know, people knock on Gould's 5 year plan but he wasn't there just to take Penrith to a premiership. He restructured the pathways to first grade through all of Greater Western Sydney. Penrith have some gun youngsters coming through in Burton and Staines. There will be more to come as well because of what Gould did there. He's left them in a position where they will consistently keep producing quality juniors like a factory.

Last edited:
Those 4 , it would take over 3 mill a season to prise them away, likely more. Considering the riff are paying freight on some of theres im not seeing that kinda money in the cap, api wasnt cheap either. NAaah

Maybe no one wants to be coached by cleary

You know, people knock on Gould's 5 year plan but he wasn't there just to take Penrith to a premiership. He restructured the pathways to first grade through all of Greater Western Sydney. Penrith have some gun youngsters coming through in Burton and Staines. There will be more to come as well because of what Gould did there. He's left them in a position where they will consistently keep producing quality juniors like a factory.

The problem was that as soon as he said publicly that they had a 5 year plan.....everyone automatically translated that to "we'll win the premiership within 5 years". But as Gould has said many times, it was more about setting the club up to be able to be a force in the future than it was just winning a Grand Final in that time frame.

Winning the premiership was definitely a goal, but Gould's plan had more to do with Penrith's long term survival than anything. And to that end, he pretty much achieved that. Problem was that publicly it's all about premierships and because they haven't won in that time or since.....of course it was a failure.

Last edited:
The problem was that as soon as he said publicly that they had a 5 year plan.....everyone automatically translated that to "we'll win the premiership within 5 years". But as Gould has said many times, it was more about setting the club up to be able to be a force in the future than it was just winning a Grand Final in that time frame.

Winning the premiership was definitely a goal, but Gould's plan had more to do with Penrith's long term survival than anything. And to that end, he pretty much achieved that. Problem was that publicly it was all about premierships and because they haven't won in that time or since.....of course it was a failure.
Exactly that. He set them up for a premiership in the future but the Panthers board's ego has almost disintegrated their current premiership window. Knocking back Wayne Bennett for Ivan Cleary to keep Nathan Cleary happy is a big mistake in hindsight. Bear in mind that this is the same Cleary that kept Luke Brooks over Mitchell Moses and James Tedesco.

If you read between the lines, there was a massive culture issue at the Panthers. Up to and over the last couple of seasons they have let go:

Te-Maire Martin
Moylan
Peachey
Campbell-Gillard
Blake
DWZ
Merrin
Maloney
Katoa
Crichton
Latu
Cartwright
Hiku
Harawira-Naera

Maybe I have forgotten more, but geez that is a lot of players and some of them were considered elite class at one point or another.

To hear that Campbell-Gillard was on a 5 year deal is concerning so I guess it sounds monetary as well as cultural.

Cleary obviously wants to start all over again with the team he wants. That is all well and good but geez when one considers the list of talent above and the players they currently have on their books, you have to say something has gone terribly wrong out west. I am surprised more is not said about it.

Moylan
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
DWZ
Luia
Cleary

Campbell-Gillard
Katoa
Tamou
Kikau
Harawira-Naera
Fisher-Harris

Martin
Latu
Leota
Yeo

That is a much better roster than the garbage they trotted out this year. It could be cap compliant if done properly too. It is not as if it is chock full of stars.

Have offloaded DWZ, Maloney, RCG, Blake. Maybe building a war chest.

Are they making a sneaky play for the Trbojevic brothers?

While you may laugh, Barrett had a very good and close relationship with both players. API gone there already.

Hopefully signed, sealed and delivered before November otherwise becomes problematic.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He could try and use his close friendship with the boys to lure them outwest, But like HM said ,they aint going anywhere. First he thinks he is a super coach, now he thinks he is a super recruiter . Boy, is he in for another rude shock..:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He could try and use his close friendship with the boys to lure them outwest, But like HM said ,they aint going anywhere. First he thinks he is a super coach, now he thinks he is a super recruiter . Boy, is he in for another rude shock..:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Fair dinkum I’d be so so SO surprised if the boys weren’t Manly 4 life.

And no way they’d go out there!!

It does worry me a little that the only reason any club would hire Barrett, given his record and the way he left Manly, would be on the off chance he might have some influence over players. But Api left because he wanted to be coached by Cleary again (that's what he says, anyway) and I doubt Tom and Jake would willingly destroy their careers because of Trent's winning personality and Blue Steel stare.

I thought Api left because he was tapped on the shoulder, as Fainu is top dog now?

If you read between the lines, there was a massive culture issue at the Panthers. Up to and over the last couple of seasons they have let go:

Te-Maire Martin
Moylan
Peachey
Campbell-Gillard
Blake
DWZ
Merrin
Maloney
Katoa
Crichton
Latu
Cartwright
Hiku
Harawira-Naera

Maybe I have forgotten more, but geez that is a lot of players and some of them were considered elite class at one point or another.

To hear that Campbell-Gillard was on a 5 year deal is concerning so I guess it sounds monetary as well as cultural.

Cleary obviously wants to start all over again with the team he wants. That is all well and good but geez when one considers the list of talent above and the players they currently have on their books, you have to say something has gone terribly wrong out west. I am surprised more is not said about it.

Moylan
Mansour
Peachey
Blake
DWZ
Luia
Cleary

Campbell-Gillard
Katoa
Tamou
Kikau
Harawira-Naera
Fisher-Harris

Martin
Latu
Leota
Yeo

That is a much better roster than the garbage they trotted out this year. It could be cap compliant if done properly too. It is not as if it is chock full of stars.
Is that the cast of their next video?

I think the biggest hint would be the Turbos saying how much they love playing for Des, and have much more they have learnt from him. As much as Trent may be considered a super coach, I’m not sure that he will be a drawcard. Where is the dopey bugger anyway. Thought he landed at the Dragons as the ballboy.

Still trying down Shellharbour way and wearing old manly training gear

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8