Peta Hiku - 2013 Content Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Peter Hiku

Good effort, plenty of commitment and good returns.Not getting carried away though. 2 bad one on one misses and not sure if he has the x factor to be a star.Some players just look to have time to do everything.Dont see that in him. Thankfully he did a good job-we are so decimated I don't know what the next option would have been.

I thought he was very solid last night.
Good speed, good in attack, good in the air and good returning the ball.

Needs to work on his defence.

Will only get better...

DYEagle said:

Will only get better...

@[DYEagle] That was close to a haiku and closer than many others but not quite there

Whilst still young is he
Great potential he does show
Good Snake deputy

@[mosto] a good first try, structure is right, but this is more of a Yoda dialogue than a haiku. :)

RE: Hiku

There is a lot to like and look forwarded from this young fella. I like how he runs the ball out from our line.

Maybe he didn't set the world alight in his first two games but neither did Jorge Taufua on his debut against Parramatta and look at him now.

It won't be long before Hiku will be a regular player in the squad and his confidence will grow.

OneEyedEagle said:
There is a lot to like and look forwarded from this young fella. I like how he runs the ball out from our line.

Maybe he didn't set the world alight in his first two games but neither did Jorge Taufua on his debut against Parramatta and look at him now.

It won't be long before Hiku will be a regular player in the squad and his confidence will grow.
He does seem a competent player but he does not have the strength of Jorge or the pace of the Snake.

Young gun Hiku has Slater in his sights
John Chammas | Photo: Renee McKay NRLphotos.com
Wednesday 15 May 2013 4:00 PM

Stand-in Sea Eagles fullback Peta Hiku fired the first shot ahead of Monday night’s grudge match against archrivals Melbourne, confessing his dislike for the defending premiers.

Hiku, who replaced the injured Brett Stewart at the back against the Roosters last Monday admitted beating the Storm at their camping ground would be the highlight of his young career.

“It’s a big game,” Hiku said.
“I don’t really like Melbourne so I really want to beat them," he laughed.

The New Zealand born flyer faces the daunting task of lining up opposite Queensland and Australian fullback Billy Slater, yet Hiku is relishing the opportunity of playing against the best in the business.

“It’s going to be an awesome challenge,” Hiku said.
“Hopefully I come out and have a good game and do my part.”

Thrown into the deep end in just his second NRL appearance, Stewart’s replacement appeared at home at the back. It's only when it comes to ordering around a star-studded backline that he becomes uncomfortable.
“You don’t really want to yell at them because they’ve got more experience than me, but Snake’s been telling me 'see what you see, play how you play and just play your game’,” Hiku said.

“The team's been real good to me, telling me not to be shy because I am a shy person.
“They all just help me out and give me their own opinions.”

He’s a long way from his hometown in Auckland, but Hiku has settled in nicely since moving to Sydney's sunny Northern Beaches this year.
The 20-year-old admitted rooming with former Warriors teammate Ligi Sao has certainly helped make the transition into his new club an easy one.

“Its good to come over here with a couple of other New Zealand boys so we’re all living together,” Hiku said.
“It helps me out being away from home but the rest of the team, they’ve brought me in pretty good."
“There are four of us at home, couple of [NSW] Cup players, Ligi Sao, Justin Lemalu, Hass and Jorge at the house.
"Having Jorge around helps me out a bit.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Young-gun-Hiku-has-Slater-in-his-sights/74770

We hate Melbourne too, Peta :D

Nice write up. Think Hiku will be great for us. Hope he sticks around for a number of years.

He has just rocketed up into my top 10 all time Manly players on that comment !!

Jax24, your family has done a great job with the young fella lol

HappilyManly said:

Erase my criticism of his first half...he's a future champion after that comment :)....(waiting for Ralphie to put the finishing touches on it!)

Alright you lot. Cut the effusiveness and go straight to giving Peta a Silvertails nickname. Dont be shy, get in early.

HappilyManly said:
Young gun Hiku has Slater in his sights
John Chammas | Photo: Renee McKay NRLphotos.com
Wednesday 15 May 2013 4:00 PM

It's only when it comes to ordering around a star-studded backline that he becomes uncomfortable.
“You don’t really want to yell at them because they’ve got more experience than me, but Snake’s been telling me 'see what you see, play how you play and just play your game’,” Hiku said.

“The team's been real good to me, telling me not to be shy because I am a shy person.
“They all just help me out and give me their own opinions.”

This will all come with experience and confidence, the future is bright.

Kiwi Eagle said:
He has just rocketed up into my top 10 all time Manly players on that comment !!

Jax24, your family has done a great job with the young fella lol
Runs in the family coz I hate the Scum too, like most Sea Eagles supporters lol. :D

wombatgc said:
HappilyManly said:

Erase my criticism of his first half...he's a future champion after that comment :)....(waiting for Ralphie to put the finishing touches on it!)

Nothing to change. I don't mind them being called Melbourne, after all they are from Melbourne. It's that other ridiculous name they use that refers to a weather pattern that I object to.

Kevinward777 said:
He was superb last night, made several half breaks and defended extremely well. Overcame everything thrown his way by the opposition.....his one dropped bomb could just as easily have been a penalty to Manly. Thought he looked faster as well.

I thought the same thing about the supposed "dropped ball". The way that I saw it, he was juggling the ball trying to regather it and was then tackled without the ball whilst it was still in the air.

Daniel said:
DYEagle said:

Will only get better...

@[DYEagle] That was close to a haiku and closer than many others but not quite there

Is the haiku something that can be elaborated on further or must one find the path to haiku's door alone?

globaleagle said:
My last Haiku was
Picked on by stevo, the git.
Yet he is not banned!?

I love when people
know how to tag on this site
I am my like count
I don't know about haikus
GE's like count is not second to none.
As for the kid, he'll play for Australia.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6