Petition to Stephen Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What? You like that Uncle Nick acts swiftly, Russell Crowe acts swiftly. But you don't want Manly to act swiftly?
As to an explanation for that which you consider inexplicable - namely the action Manly performed swiftly, extending the coach - I assumed it was to provide stability and certainty while we are going through a painful process.
I guess the club hasn't been reading all those Silvertails posts which conclusively prove the coach is the problem!
Or maybe they are still reading the posts from two years ago when all were hailing him the saviour and the greatest coach the world had ever seen .
Short memories.
download.jpeg

Hi all

I've started an online petition to Stephen Humphreys in the hope that we start getting some accountability for the sorry state the club is in. I know it's unlikely to actually make an impact but I thought it's better to give it a go than to do nothing and complain here.

Here's the link: Sign the Petition

What happened with this?
Seems enough of us signed?

This is how I see our present dilemma.

1-Tommy Turbo is the lifeblood of this side, closely followed by Manase Fainu. All one needs to do is go back and watch Fainu's impact during our 2019 season. Turbo didn't play in the finals and missed a large chunk of the year, yet we almost made a preliminary final.

2-No one can predict injuries, and if we didn't re-sign Turbo EVERY last Manly fan would have been screaming from the rooftops. Api is injured again I see.

3-The Fainu brothers are all going to be stars. Watch their efforts yesterday. If we didn't show loyalty to Manase, then we inadvertently lose the other boys as well. Oh yeah, he still hasn't been found guilty in a court of law either.

4-Dce's contract. That has nothing to do with Des.

5-If Turbo comes back and plays out the season, we win more than we lose. It ain't rocket science.

6-We are moving in the right direction with the signing of Haumole, Paseka, Keppie, Schuster, Aloiai, Saab, and Tuipulotu.

7-The pathways program is providing the club with the best junior talent in the world.

8-I choose to be patient because I believe the wheel will turn.

9-I don't believe instability, division and upheaval is the answer right now.

10-Who do you replace Hasler with? We are still paying the price for sacking a Manly legend in Geoff Toovey, and the thought of having another untried outsider in the coaching box gives me a headache.

11-I love the club and care about results.
Agree with almost all of this except we won’t win more than we lose with Tom back if he keeps the same duds in the side.
The gap is way more than Tom will provide. Maybe in 2019 , not in 2021. No speed , both the way we play and the individual players. Croker creates nothing like Manase so he’ll get scraps. Bits of individual pieces here and there won’t bridge forty point gaps.

What? You like that Uncle Nick acts swiftly, Russell Crowe acts swiftly. But you don't want Manly to act swiftly?
As to an explanation for that which you consider inexplicable - namely the action Manly performed swiftly, extending the coach - I assumed it was to provide stability and certainty while we are going through a painful process.
I guess the club hasn't been reading all those Silvertails posts which conclusively prove the coach is the problem!
yes yes lol lol the coaching panel on here can do much much better. Des is the problem even though Des had nothing to do with many of the issues... especially surrounding contracts. Just love the blind rantings which conveniently overlook some very hard and fast facts.

This is how I see our present dilemma.

1-Tommy Turbo is the lifeblood of this side, closely followed by Manase Fainu. All one needs to do is go back and watch Fainu's impact during our 2019 season. Turbo didn't play in the finals and missed a large chunk of the year, yet we almost made a preliminary final.

2-No one can predict injuries, and if we didn't re-sign Turbo EVERY last Manly fan would have been screaming from the rooftops. Api is injured again I see.

3-The Fainu brothers are all going to be stars. Watch their efforts yesterday. If we didn't show loyalty to Manase, then we inadvertently lose the other boys as well. Oh yeah, he still hasn't been found guilty in a court of law either.

4-Dce's contract. That has nothing to do with Des.

5-If Turbo comes back and plays out the season, we win more than we lose. It ain't rocket science.

6-We are moving in the right direction with the signing of Haumole, Paseka, Keppie, Schuster, Aloiai, Saab, and Tuipulotu.

7-The pathways program is providing the club with the best junior talent in the world.

8-I choose to be patient because I believe the wheel will turn.

9-I don't believe instability, division and upheaval is the answer right now.

10-Who do you replace Hasler with? We are still paying the price for sacking a Manly legend in Geoff Toovey, and the thought of having another untried outsider in the coaching box gives me a headache.

11-I love the club and care about results.
Wow.... someone who actually has a good grasp of the situation. Absolute perfect response. I would also add the issues I have raised about the 10 contracts that run out at the end of this year, the success in 2019 essentially with this roster, the sudden change of the mechanics of the game for 2020 and the fact we were locked in with contracts till the end of this year. I am also guessing Manase wont be available any time soon. Des has made some selection mistakes - absolutely... in my view and strangely enough I don't have the insights at training etc that Des does. So just maybe he might have a bit more knowledge than me especially regarding selections and positions. Maybe strangely and I know it is silly of me to suggest but maybe Des has a better insight into players abilities and positions than at least 1 or 2 other posters on here besides me! I also guess that the club thought the De Belin case would result in Manase's stand down being rescinded.. now in hindsight and it is easy in hindsight that was a bad mistake. Not having a Brendan Elliott to cover for Tom.. another bad mistake and no hindsight required there. But yes @Kevinward777 spot on. I also agree that the wheel will turn as well and certainly believe in the main we were sadly a victim of circumstances out of our control. Des now has the chance to turn the roster over completely between the end of this year and next when DCE/Foran will also both be gone. Great post mate. Pity most on here post based on emotion... without any grasp of the facts. Doesn't absolve Des or the club of all responsibility but gee your post explains a lot of things.

Just a thought. If our current predicament is PARTLY to do with the fact that we had so many players on contract when the game changed at the start of COVID, and currently there is a LOT of press about the increase in injuries and the increase in blow out scores (which we all know the cause of). Who's to say that the NRL won't re-evaluate what they have done and move back towards a slower game with more wrestle ? If they did that then the teams that have invested in touch footballers, will suddenly stop winning games, and we may be in better shape with our current roster.

Cue the optimistic emojis, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . . . .

Just a thought. If our current predicament is PARTLY to do with the fact that we had so many players on contract when the game changed at the start of COVID, and currently there is a LOT of press about the increase in injuries and the increase in blow out scores (which we all know the cause of). Who's to say that the NRL won't re-evaluate what they have done and move back towards a slower game with more wrestle ? If they did that then the teams that have invested in touch footballers, will suddenly stop winning games, and we may be in better shape with our current roster.

Cue the optimistic emojis, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . . . .
Spot on. I find it amazing that the head of the NRL can change the game to suit his desires... the clubs all follow along. ... well supposedly we were told they all followed on but I bet there were a number of clubs that didn't agree with the changes. Maybe we were one of those clubs? He also changed it on the run and with little chance for any club to change strategy. Our team was built on a strangle them in a grindstone type of game not a flashing attack at all costs game. But yes who knows if they will move back to a slower game than it is at the moment. If the injuries keep up and the doctors start commenting on the impacts and the Players Association gets involved it could well change back a bit. If they wanted to implement this "new" game... in my view they needed to give two years notice and essentially have the Players Association somehow agree that all contracts could be voided as long as the player was not worse off... enabling players to move on and clubs to change rosters. I don't think any club had any real idea initially on how these changes were going to impact... none.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8