Player clean out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
At the start of the year i was expecting a mass player cleanout at years end. Buuut the way these guys are going wow. No one is letting the team down apart from walker, who we havent had a chance to see how he goes under dessie. No one really deserves to be dropped atm. Thoughts?.

Quite a few have saved their arses so far eg Sipley, Parker and maybe Jorge.

Thompson is playing well enough to get another year but may take a longer term off in SL.

A few of the top 30 will need to get going if they are to impress Des eg Funa, Kioa etc.

My guess Hodkinson, Perrett are the ones who definitely won’t be here I reckon.

Last edited:
I heard a guy at the game last night tell his mate that Thommo had signed for Leeds (I thought they played soccer) and the club was trying to offload someone else but no other club wanted him.
I'm a really bad eavesdropper. And probably pub talk. Who knows?

Told all you numbnuts before a ball was kicked when some clown said it would take Dessie 3 years ..... The cleanout had already happened .... we had/have the biggest crop of young up and comers in the clubs history ...

All that was ever needed and still is ... is one or two smart strategic buys .... and a bit of shuffling around the depth players ... some will contribute .. some will fall short ... but 95% of the ingredients are there ...

Api and thommo will be the only real losses. Perrett hodko gone. Decisions to be made around taufua walker paseka.
Upgrade waddell and fainu.
Re-sign Garrick Gosiewski.
Bring up keppie olokatau Schuster.
Buy the best forward, best utility/hooker and the best winger we can with the money spare. If walker goes he'll be replaced with a gun centre.
Its more about upgrade and retention.

Thought about this yesterday, who deserves to get dropped to let walker back - no one, all those guys are out there busting their butts, against all adversity. Why should they get punted for a trash talker who the only thing he busts is doors and other ‘things’

The way all our boys are showing fighting spirit and giving it all for their coach and Manly jumper the last thing in Des's mind would be a clean out IMO

We need a few players to add to our depth and keep the competitive spirit in our squad going

Lets not forget those star players coming up the grade as well .

Exciting era ahead of us

I can see Des building another premiership winning dynasty

I like Parker's improvement if he can find another 10% he'll be close to a Topline centre.
I believe Suli to be a very good winger albeit a little heavy, so we still need another centre imo.

Told all you numbnuts before a ball was kicked when some clown said it would take Dessie 3 years ..... The cleanout had already happened .... we had/have the biggest crop of young up and comers in the clubs history ...

All that was ever needed and still is ... is one or two smart strategic buys .... and a bit of shuffling around the depth players ... some will contribute .. some will fall short ... but 95% of the ingredients are there ...
That numnut was wheel who heard it from Matt Ballin

Api and thommo will be the only real losses. Perrett hodko gone. Decisions to be made around taufua walker paseka.
Upgrade waddell and fainu.
Re-sign Garrick Gosiewski.
Bring up keppie olokatau Schuster.
Buy the best forward, best utility/hooker and the best winger we can with the money spare. If walker goes he'll be replaced with a gun centre.
Its more about upgrade and retention.

Add to that resigning Albert Hoppa (he'll come good) and add Ben Trbojevic who can play in the forward and backs.

Thought about this yesterday, who deserves to get dropped to let walker back - no one, all those guys are out there busting their butts, against all adversity. Why should they get punted for a trash talker who the only thing he busts is doors and other ‘things’

We talked about that at the game last night. Definitely not Parker maybe Suli however he would be unlucky. I wonder if Des would make walker come back through Reggie’s, I doubt it.

We have cleaned out most of the Barrett era dead wood, only really Hodkinson is left from that period of buying crap players to establish some immediate depth.

I think the future will consist of attracting some key buys to bolster weak areas, whilst continuing to ensure that the team plays well for each other.

I'm so impressed with Des / unimpressed with Barrett. The turn around in form in such a short time has been enormous.

That numnut was wheel who heard it from Matt Ballin

Well ... Mat Ballin was wrong wasn't he ... as a judge of a team he makes a very good hooker ...

Pss ... and he said give Des 3 years ..... which I think you can file under the ... "cover your arse comment" #23 ....

It is important to remember the purpose is to eventually win a premiership, not just compete. Parker has improved but if we want a premiership, we probably need more strike out wide.

It’s great to win and it’s even better to do it against the odds but when we start facing quality opposition at the business end of the year, it’ll only take one loss for everyone on here to start calling for players heads!

It is important to remember the purpose is to eventually win a premiership, not just compete. Parker has improved but if we want a premiership, we probably need more strike out wide.

It’s great to win and it’s even better to do it against the odds but when we start facing quality opposition at the business end of the year, it’ll only take one loss for everyone on here to start calling for players heads!
It is nice just to be competing again though

It is nice just to be competing again though
100%. I’m so so proud and I can’t stop smiling.

But...if we are gonna talk recruitment, it’s important to evaluate the squad based on potential premierships rather than beating the Dogs against the odds in rd.8.

A great win but the deficiencies in the roster will be revealed at the business end of the year against quality opposition....not after last nights game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8