Player clean out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
100%. I’m so so proud and I can’t stop smiling.

But...if we are gonna talk recruitment, it’s important to evaluate the squad based on potential premierships rather than beating the Dogs against the odds in rd.8.

A great win but the deficiencies in the roster will be revealed at the business end of the year against quality opposition....not after last nights game.
Yeah I agree 100 percent with what your saying.

It is important to remember the purpose is to eventually win a premiership, not just compete. Parker has improved but if we want a premiership, we probably need more strike out wide.

That comment is only relevant if and when Parker is signed on a FG centres money ..... which I doubt he ever will be ..... so for as long as Parker is on depth money he is obviously not the strike centre we are planning on winning a Premiership with ....

• Clever
Reactions: R3
Thought about this yesterday, who deserves to get dropped to let walker back - no one, all those guys are out there busting their butts, against all adversity. Why should they get punted for a trash talker who the only thing he busts is doors and other ‘things’

Miss Kate ... I agree with you 100% on principle .... but Walker is a star strike centre .... he will .. and should walk straight back in ....

elgey and croker proved last night whilst competent they are not the answer, kicking game was terrible from both, elgey defence is suspect as is organizational skills second half performance proved that, hes on a 2 year deal so will be there next year, croker needs to string more games and at best is only a back up player ,there is a big question mark over young hoppa, 2 knee injurys before even playing top level footy. Perrett,, hodgko, taufua, will be gone seasons end, plus walker.

That comment is only relevant if and when Parker is signed on a FG centres money ..... which I doubt he ever will be ..... so for as long as Parker is on depth money he is obviously not the strike centre we are planning on winning a Premiership with ....
Totally agree but I’m responding to the sentiment that we don’t really need to mix this roster up. If we are happy to compete, we can keep what we have but we’ll need some upgrades to compete for the premiership is all. You couldn’t ask for more from this squad at the moment but I think we can get carried away with thinking that we don’t need more, simply because we are competing.

elgey and croker proved last night whilst competent they are not the answer, kicking game was terrible from both, elgey defence is suspect as is organizational skills second half performance proved that, hes on a 2 year deal so will be there next year, croker needs to string more games and at best is only a back up player ,there is a big question mark over young hoppa, 2 knee injurys before even playing top level footy. Perrett,, hodgko, taufua, will be gone seasons end, plus walker.
Fair assessment.

I thought Elgey failed to control the game in the second half and I think Des thought the same because in the press conference, every time someone mentioned Kane, he’d reference the first half only...

Parker is doing a solid job, but if an international and Dally M winning centre becomes available it is an absolute no brainer, personally I think Suli offers more than Parker and has a mile more upside too
Suli is in walker’s spot on the right. Parker owns the left at present.

Fair assessment.

I thought Elgey failed to control the game in the second half and I think Des thought the same because in the press conference, every time someone mentioned Kane, he’d reference the first half only...

Team did well last night but had that been against the Rorters we’d gave been murdered!!

Parker is doing a solid job, but if an international and Dally M winning centre becomes available it is an absolute no brainer, personally I think Suli offers more than Parker and has a mile more upside too
Agree totally buts it’s complicated by Walker being a right centre.Despite his offfield stuff Walker lifts this team and is a damn good player so while he’s at the club he’s a must pick.

I’d reckon they may shuffle Suli to other side of field on the wing with Tafua out injured and keep Parker in his usual left centre position. With Tafua available it’s difficult as I agree Suli has more upside than Parker.
Or pick Walker at 5/8 till Croker or DCE available but then we have the single kicker issue which is a killer.

Last edited:
Quite a few have saved their arses so far eg Sipley, Parker and maybe Jorge.

Thompson is playing well enough to get another year but may take a longer term off in SL.

A few of the top 30 will need to get going if they are to impress Des eg Funa, Kioa etc.

My guess Hodkinson, Perrett is one who definitely won’t be here I reckon.
Hodkinson and perrett have to go even tangles can get on his bike

Des is squeezing every last drop of potential out of these guys... something which a five time grand final appearing coach will do. Imagine what he might achieve if he could assemble a side like the one below.
1 Turbo
2 Jorge
3 Suli
4 Walker
5 Garrick
6 Elgey
7 DCE
8 AFB
9 Api
10 Marty
11 Thompson
12 Siro
13 Jake

14 Fainu
15 Waddell
16 Sipley
17 Goswieski

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Its lucky that Des will be the man to make the hard decisions I suppose.

The clear out was 97% done when we got rid of TBaz. What Ballen said was 100% factual in regards to what the coaching team walked into. The roster was ****e. Not because the players were ****e but because of the management team. With good leadership the players have stepped up which I applaud.

There is a difference between competing and being a top 4 contender and force in the premiership. At the moment we are building the base on a large tower that will take time to build. I can see us top 4 in a few years from now.

Agree totally buts it’s complicated by Walker being a right centre.Despite his offfield stuff Walker lifts this team and is a damn good player so while he’s at the club he’s a must pick.

I’d reckon they may shuffle Suli to other side of field on the wing with Tafua out injured and keep Parker in his usual left centre position. With Tafua available it’s difficult as I agree Suli has more upside than Parker.
Or pick Walker at 5/8 till Croker or DCE available but then we have the single kicker issue which is a killer.

May be wrong here, but think Suli debuted as a left centre at the Tigers. For his style of game attack wise at the moment he would be ok I think, different defensive angles may be his issue though

Not sure why we would get rid of a 28yo Taufua who after several back to back seasons hampered by injury, is now starting to get back to some of his best footy for years. If he keeps this level up for the remainder of the year with no major injuries we would be crazy to release him.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10