Player Movements as of June 30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
I'm sick of hearing commentators praise Brisbane for their junior strength. Every team would be as strong, and not need to recruit, if they had the 2-million population that Brisbane has to choose from.

You are dreaming if you think this makes a difference anymore

Take a look at the players we have recruited / where they are from. Yes some local juniors however the majority are from far and wide including QLD

^ +1

Salary cap evens everything out, everyone gets a fair crack at building their squads (from Harold Matts to NRL) now.

With that said, the Donks certainly have a leg up in regards to getting the jump on any juniors in SE Queensland.

Chip and Chase said:
Maybe Captain has been hacking old voicemails if he still thinks the trade deadline is in force ;)

Good list though, some handy info.

I like how you liked your own post C&C...........

Captain of the Gate said:
Sorry I did mean canlt do mid season transfers post June 30 like Anthony Mitchel, Cory Paterson, Sam Tagatese did this year. I didn't make myself clear, Dan is dead right, you can still negotiate with other teams for 2012 and beyond. Sorry for the confusion.

I've also added the get out clause details for Shillington in the original post

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up mate

lsz said:
The Who said:
I'm sick of hearing commentators praise Brisbane for their junior strength. Every team would be as strong, and not need to recruit, if they had the 2-million population that Brisbane has to choose from.

You are dreaming if you think this makes a difference anymore

Take a look at the players we have recruited / where they are from. Yes some local juniors however the majority are from far and wide including QLD

Of course it makes a difference. Players like to play in their home city. Of course there will be Brisbane born players at other clubs because the broncos can't fit them all in, but the broncos would usually have first choice in the brisbane born players coming through. Matt Ballin would still be at the Broncos if Wayne Bennett rated him all those years ago.

The Sunday Telegraph said Orford is still at Canberra and hasnt left yet and remains in the first year of his 3 years contract.

And what are you basing this on? Fact or gut feel?

Some stats

1. Take our own club. 3 very solid / potential players

Daly Cherry-Evans
Junior Clubs : Redcliffe Dolphins

Matt Ballin
Junior Clubs : Kingaroy Red Ants

Garry Ricardi
Albany Creek Crushers

2. Queensland Under 18 rep team this year – 4 bronco’s. And a fair mix from “other” clubs such as Roosters, Knights, Panthers

QUEENSLAND UNDER 18s
1. Zac SANTO (Nth Qld Cowboys)
2. Mitcham ARDLER (Gold Coast Titans)
3. Tautau MOGA (Sydney Roosters)
4. Jerome LEEDY (Norths Devils)
5. Matthew BERWICK (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Luke ABDUL-RAHMAN (Townsville Stingers)
7. Kurt MANN (Newcastle Knights)
8. Chris GREVSMUHL (Nth Qld Cowboys)
9. Cameron CULLEN (Brisbane Broncos)
10. Stephen COOMBE (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Jack KELLEHER (Townsville Stingers)
12. Iain RICCARDI (Penrith Panthers)
13. Caleb BINGE (Norths Devils)
14. Daniel ALVARO (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Heymel HUNT (Gold Coast Titans)
16. Anthony GADD (Nth Queensland Cowboys)
17. Francis MOLO (Norths Devils)
3. Emerging Origin squad

Ben BARBA (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Daniel VIDOT (Canberra Raiders)
Jharal YOW YEH (Brisbane Broncos)
Dane NIELSEN (Melbourne Storm)
Justin O’NEILL (Melbourne Storm)
Daly CHERRY-EVANS (Manly Sea Eagles)
Robert LUI (Wests Tigers)
Martin KENNEDY (Sydney Roosters)
Jake FRIEND (Sydney Roosters)
Matt BELL (Penrith Panthers)
Matt GILLETT (Brisbane Broncos)
Ben TE’O (Brisbane Broncos)
Ben LOWE (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
William ZILLMAN (Gold Coast Titans)

If anything the bronco’s are under represented

bones said:
codewana said:
Anyone else notice that it didn't say we are looking to re-sign T. Williams? Did I read that wrong?

It didn't say any player that any of the clubs are looking to re-sign. Why would they single T Rex out and say whether Manly want to keep him or not?
The re-signed list was for players that had already been re-signed. There could be any number of players on the off contract list that the club still wants to re-sign.

Looks like I read it wrong then. Cheers

I haven't looked, but where to the majority of Broncos juniors come from Isz? I bet they don't recruit as far and wide as most Sydney clubs do.

The Who said:

You may be sick of it mate and the commentators may go on about it but it is true. They are a very young side and they held their own when Lockyer, Thaiday, Parker and the like were out. They will be great next year if they can get someone in the 6 jersey who can play footy.

SwornEagle said:
I haven't looked, but where to the majority of Broncos juniors come from Isz? I bet they don't recruit as far and wide as most Sydney clubs do.

hard to judge however they have had NSW players in the past (Mick Dever, Ennis to name a few)

lsz said:
And what are you basing this on? Fact or gut feel?

Some stats

1. Take our own club. 3 very solid / potential players

Daly Cherry-Evans
Junior Clubs : Redcliffe Dolphins

Matt Ballin
Junior Clubs : Kingaroy Red Ants

Garry Ricardi
Albany Creek Crushers

2. Queensland Under 18 rep team this year – 4 bronco’s. And a fair mix from “other” clubs such as Roosters, Knights, Panthers

QUEENSLAND UNDER 18s
1. Zac SANTO (Nth Qld Cowboys)
2. Mitcham ARDLER (Gold Coast Titans)
3. Tautau MOGA (Sydney Roosters)
4. Jerome LEEDY (Norths Devils)
5. Matthew BERWICK (Brisbane Broncos)
6. Luke ABDUL-RAHMAN (Townsville Stingers)
7. Kurt MANN (Newcastle Knights)
8. Chris GREVSMUHL (Nth Qld Cowboys)
9. Cameron CULLEN (Brisbane Broncos)
10. Stephen COOMBE (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Jack KELLEHER (Townsville Stingers)
12. Iain RICCARDI (Penrith Panthers)
13. Caleb BINGE (Norths Devils)
14. Daniel ALVARO (Brisbane Broncos)
15. Heymel HUNT (Gold Coast Titans)
16. Anthony GADD (Nth Queensland Cowboys)
17. Francis MOLO (Norths Devils)
3. Emerging Origin squad

Ben BARBA (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Daniel VIDOT (Canberra Raiders)
Jharal YOW YEH (Brisbane Broncos)
Dane NIELSEN (Melbourne Storm)
Justin O’NEILL (Melbourne Storm)
Daly CHERRY-EVANS (Manly Sea Eagles)
Robert LUI (Wests Tigers)
Martin KENNEDY (Sydney Roosters)
Jake FRIEND (Sydney Roosters)
Matt BELL (Penrith Panthers)
Matt GILLETT (Brisbane Broncos)
Ben TE’O (Brisbane Broncos)
Ben LOWE (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
William ZILLMAN (Gold Coast Titans)

If anything the bronco’s are under represented

There are seven Broncos you have listed there. A fair number. Brisbane have a massive advantage over every other team because they have first picks of huge junior numbers. Naturally a Brisbane kid will want to play for the Broncos. They would only leave if the Broncos rejected them, or another club paid over-the-odds for them.

It's interesting to hear the Broncos squeal about another club entering their patch. That will halve their recruitment powers. But to equate to the competition that the nine Sydney clubs face there should be four sides in Brisbane.

Currently Manly have five locals in their 17, which is a great effort. I think Canterbury have one, which destroys their "bred not bought" mantra.

It would certainly be interesting if Orford was brought back to Manly in a coaching role. Manly are already producing some great young halves and no doubt that would continue with Johns, Toovey, Hasler and Orford, all premiership winning halfbacks, at the club. Now we just need some of the old forwards like BK and Gillespe back at the club doing some coaching alongside Crusher. I think BK would have a huge infuence on some of the young forwards like he did with Stewart and especially Watmough.

I have updated the original post with the Eels latest signings, Antonio Kaufusi's move to ESL, Luke Capewell to Broncos as well as adding the Warea-Hargreaves and Orford rumours to Manly's notes.

The Orford rumour for those wondering was a link to joining Manly as a member of the Toyota Cup Under 20's coaching ranks. Please note, there is nothing official its still very much a rumour but it seems to be common knowledge in the RL community that Orford will be released from the Raiders.

Is the Warea-Hargraves rumour a whisper or fairly loud? I'd have him back. He goes alright at the roosters but would get Better under Des.

Fonz said:
Is the Warea-Hargraves rumour a whisper or fairly loud? I'd have him back. He goes alright at the roosters but would get Better under Des.

I read in the paper that it wasn't until 2013 but pending wiggle room in our cap for 2012, I woudln't mind the club making an approach to see if he could get released early. Like you I think he'd improve in our team a lot more than he has at the Roosters.

At this stage just a whisper, but thought it was worth mentioning since its a Sea Eagles thing and he was formally ours.

I've felt the Roosters have used him badly. He is much better as an edge running 2nd rower who can do damage out wide, than a lug it up the middle prop. Gives him a chance to pick his spots and have less defenders on him up the middle so he can use his footwork. It also forces oppositions to slide their defence wider when he is near the ball creating holes for the playmakers.

On another thread. JWH and Cuthbo should stay where they are. They both were over-rated poseurs and just didn't fit into our solid hard working forward pack. They both were lazy defenders and I've not seen any difference in their play since they left. They left for the dollars and should rot where they are. I've got more respect for Nood and Vic and our up and comers than those two imposters.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7