Postcards from home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
Cheers GE, I'll check it out on the weekend.

Oh and @Alan

Are we barking mad, or you're just marking bad this mornin'?

And all hail Wolfie too, with that reference!

I should add....it's free, no downloads no nothing. Just click upload and awaaaaay you go.

I don't use anything I have to pay for online, etc.

Alan said:
My hat says I'm not talking to your hats

1u5YhFq.jpg

As another aside @globaleagle

The Canadian Football League game just started on ESPN Down Under.

Must be a new initiative here (as I haven't seen this comp before)

Edmonton Eskimos v Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I wasn't even aware of a significant CFL, until now.

So there you go!

RiverEagle said:
As another aside @globaleagle

The Canadian Football League game just started on ESPN Down Under.

Must be a new initiative here (as I haven't seen this comp before)

Edmonton Eskimos v Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I wasn't even aware of a significant CFL, until now.

So there you go!

yeeeeeeeeeees, it's seen as kind of a poor man's nfl.

Called the grey cup over here. Kinda funny that in the 6 or so teams...2 have the same nicknames!!!!

I don't mind it, nfl has 4 downs, cfl only 3. nfl's ball is a little more slimmer than the cfl one.

Also there's some rule that in the cfl if you kick the ball and it's caught in the in goal, the other team gets a point...not so in the nfl.

So in some ways...it's more skillful....but it's certainly the little brother of the nfl.

Go the BC lions!!!!!

Thanks GE.

I'll keep an eye on it out of curiosity (when I've got time) now.

The Eskimos' have green n gold uniforms (like the Packers in the NFL).

So there's a very loose Aussie affiliation to kick things off!

RiverEagle said:
Thanks GE.

Here's another very loose Aussie affiliation. GO THE CQ BID!!!

Yeah, yeah. I know, it's old news but like most old things, it's loose and that's the point. lol Plus, the CQ Bid should get a mention wherever and whenever possible!!

CQ NRL Bid team scores touchdown!

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/cq-nrl-bid-team-scores-touchdown/1266067/

RiverEagle said:
Thanks GE.

Pfffft Edmonton :rolleyes:

If you and @alan want to see hats!

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Hat-s-red-hot-Lover-hubba-hubba

:cool::D

mozgrame said:
RiverEagle said:
Thanks GE.

Here's another very loose Aussie affiliation. GO THE CQ BID!!!

Yeah, yeah. I know, it's old news but like most old things, it's loose and that's the point. lol Plus, the CQ Bid should get a mention wherever and whenever possible!!

CQ NRL Bid team scores touchdown!

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/cq-nrl-bid-team-scores-touchdown/1266067/

That was interesting, and certainly news to me moz.

I'm actually filthy that Manly have let the Chooks link with Wyong Roos and the Central Coast next year. (What's the point of us playing at Bluetongue all along now?) And the CC is the natural catchment area for Manly to align with.

Alas, no. So Central Queensland would be ok by me.

We need ANY help we can get in our lower grades.
Not to forget expanding our brand.

EDIT: And @globaleagle Thanks!

The hat's hubba hubba adventures thread looks a hoot!

I'll go have a read and a good chuckle when I've got time later.

A snap I took whilst riding along amsteldijk yesterday afternoon, mad skills involved here, Matilda in the back, laden basket on the front and snapping a pic one handed whilst riding.

It really is nice here in the summer. Notice all the houseboats? If you want to see where this is it, it was somewhere around here

[map][Amsteldijk 291, 1079 LL Amsterdam,The Netherlands[/map]

RiverEagle said:
That's gotta be an illegal manoeuvre @Dan haha!

At the very least a risky one mate.

How warm are the summer's over there?

You should see the dutch, riding along holding an umbrella, or holding a second bike alongside, holding hands with their partner and so on. Dutch cycling can not be adequately described, only experienced or seen!

As for heat, today is 27, feels like about 35 because of the humidity. Because its a rather low laying and wet nation, hot days come with extreme humidity.

I think its pretty close to what Sydney was like in the 90's with hot days that lead to storms.

Interesting fact we had a massive storm last week, i went out for a walk in it because I couldnt sleep and needed to go get my bike anyway as I had left it near a friends.

That same storm blew over a massive tree right near my work which fell on a tram stop, crushing it and killing a homeless person who was sleeping under it :(

Oh that's a terrible twist of fate; especially for one already down on their luck @Dan

Can't avoid many similar tales here about those lucky to not be on that Malaysian flight; and those that did find themselves aboard.

Just heart-breaking (and beyond a human rights crime).

I had heard the humidity is taxing over there. In fact we're not immune to long spells of the same in the Riverina. They can be alleviated by storms.
Often the following heat is twice as intense anyway.

Give me our winters here, of the two.

Or Autumn all year round, even better.

RiverEagle said:
Oh that's a terrible twist of fate; especially for one already down on their luck @Dan

Can't avoid many similar tales here about those lucky to not be on that Malaysian flight; and those that did find themselves aboard.

Just heart-breaking (and beyond a human rights crime).

I had heard the humidity is taxing over there. In fact we're not immune to long spells of the same in the Riverina. They can be alleviated by storms.
Often the following heat is twice as intense anyway.

Give me our winters here, of the two.

Or Autumn all year round, even better.

A friend of mine was on the exact same MH17 flight last week! So missed by 1 week.

Humidity here is insane, but the houses are well built so its nice and cool inside them.

Dan said:
A friend of mine was on the exact same MH17 flight last week! So missed by 1 week.

Humidity here is insane, but the houses are well built so its nice and cool inside them.

You can only fathom, when your number's up, it's up I guess.

Cold comfort, but how else can we decipher it?

As potentially morbid as it may be, I just hope those ppl on board had no idea and never felt a thing!

Anyway, thankfully on the other end of the spectrum; you're having a wonderful European ''vacation'' of sorts (sounds more exotic than a "working-holiday")

(A nod to Chevy Chase there too...lol)

What a special start to life for your little girl too, mate.

EDIT: A couple of clearer pics for now (and a nod back to GE's hat!)

"We've got your hat surrounded now GE!"

And yes...That is a Swans cap. (So sue me!)

Outstanding @Dan

Although, just as unfair as GE's ANZAC pic above; considering we're shivering through 8-10 degree days down here !

Only thing wrong with your pics mate......No hats!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4