Postcards from home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
Stunning @globaleagle

I guess mother nature compensates us mere mortals; and if a bear or moose finishes you off it's at least picturesque around you!

(Bit worried about @Alan too...He hasn't logged in for almost a week mate?)

True! Maybe he is getting over the shock of the news that they are going to move the old surf life saving clubhouse!

No condolences on his facebook page so I am guessing he is ok!

That's right, I used teh interwbz and know everything about alan!

Maybe Gina got him?

Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods. I was but a transient guest in Hervey Bay for a short 5 years. Well a long 5 years, I wont be headed back to that hell hole.

I actually hail from Harbord, near Freshie High. And lived in Narrabeen for a while, then spent most of my adult life around Mosman and Cremorne.

Hervey Bay, sunny coast Amsterdam that's in Qld. Lol

I have too many teeth to be a Queenslander

LOL! Spends 5 years in Qld then lands job in Amsterdam. Declares 5 years was spent in a hell hole. :rolleyes: Been in Amsterdam for 5 mins and declares the Dutch rude and arrogant :rolleyes:

Might be well past time to have a good hard look at yourself? Haha! No...that won't happen will it? Have you heard that old song by Kevin Wilson....wank, wank, money in the bank? Seems fitting.

mozgrame said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Sunny coast. @Dan

I resent being connected with QLD as my kneck of the woods. I was but a transient guest in Hervey Bay for a short 5 years. Well a long 5 years, I wont be headed back to that hell hole.

I actually hail from Harbord, near Freshie High. And lived in Narrabeen for a while, then spent most of my adult life around Mosman and Cremorne.

Hervey Bay, sunny coast Amsterdam that's in Qld. Lol

I have too many teeth to be a Queenslander

LOL! Spends 5 years in Qld then lands job in Amsterdam. Declares 5 years was spent in a hell hole. :rolleyes: Been in Amsterdam for 5 mins and declares the Dutch rude and arrogant :rolleyes:

Might be well past time to have a good hard look at yourself? Haha! No...that won't happen will it? Have you heard that old song by Kevin Wilson......., ..., money in the bank? Seems fitting.

Have you seen Hervey Bay?

I moved there for my wife's family not through choice and hated it from day one.

I don't think the Dutch are rude apart from at a customer service level. In fact I constantly defend them as warm and open people despite being known the world over as rude.

I stand by my statement that Hervey Bay is the biggest **** stain on this planet, a complete hellhole full of losers drug addicts and dole bludgers

globaleagle said:
hahaha, no doubt. I hope your vomitorium got cleaned up without much yelling.

A very hungover shell of a person fronted up and cleaned it up. She was horribly embarrassed and apologetic. I felt a little sorry for her in the end.
My Dutch friends and neighbours were more more outraged at her than I was

Dan said:
globaleagle said:
hahaha, no doubt. I hope your vomitorium got cleaned up without much yelling.

A very hungover shell of a person fronted up and cleaned it up. She was horribly embarrassed and apologetic. I felt a little sorry for her in the end.
My Dutch friends and neighbours were more more outraged at her than I was

The question we all wanna know is....was she hot? lol, ok don't answer.

I need to go to the lake more. I haven't seen a bikini in months and today there were heaps of them! sigh...bikini's

@Shoe1 kindly sent me a spare flag!

I shall wave it mercilessly at my sis', who's an avid Rooster's fan.

And one of my fave spots to sit and contemplate Manly success.

We have a big plane here (in honour of Air and Army bases).

Not a big banana, nor pineapple...not even a big sheep, but that's OK!

An indoor aquatic centre, at our central sports precinct, that also includes an Aussie Rules oval, tennis and netball and basketball courts. Even a skate-park for the kids.

It was all buzzin' today like a queen-bee with a hundred suitors.

(This is obviously the exterior...lol)

And nearby a heritage-listed flour mill is being transformed into luxury apartments and a shopping precinct smack-bang in the centre of the city.

Before, and projected after, below.

Hervey bay had a big thing too.

A big problem with drugs alcohol and unemployment, its quite spectacular

As per @rivereagle 's request......

First 4 pics: queenstown, NZ

Last one: Jindabyne, NSW

10BAJ7N.jpg

7twKm9M.jpg

49SNT6y.jpg

AaEIsvM.jpg

4ZFF0YZ.jpg

:cool:

They are terrific @globaleagle

I was requesting a pic of hat in this thread though, too!

Sure hope all of you (Hat and wifey) are healing the heart's a little as you travel around.

(Hat seems happy enough!)

Just reposting a few pics from last week.

Our "Big Plane" the closest thing to a big Banana, Pineapple or Sheep!

Our indoor aquatic-centre with heated pools (a LOT bigger than the exterior suggests).

And a heritage-listed flour-mill being converted into luxury apartments and a significant retail-precinct in the centre of the city.

(Before and projected after, below).

Had to ride my bike over to ijburg last week, you ride over a massive bridge over the ijmeer. I really love all these long crazy boats heading down there.

Dan said:

Had to ride my bike over to ijburg last week, you ride over a massive bridge over the ijmeer. I really love all these long crazy boats heading down there.

That's just great @Dan

First my hats got envious (of @globaleagle and his hat's escapades) and now I'm experiencing River-envy to boot!

You blokes are just plain show-offs!

RiverEagle said:
Dan said:

That's just great @Dan

First my hats got envious (of @globaleagle and his hat's escapades) and now I'm experiencing River-envy to boot!

You blokes are just plain show-offs!

Well...you have a 'vampire' on display in your town! (bet it still works)

Good ol A79 612

Here's some more pics of her (minus hat)

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/DH-Vampire-A79-612/Vampire_A79_612_1975

THANKS @globaleagle for the link there!

My brother-in-law is an aviator-tragic (wanted desperately to be a pilot, but alas he's colour-blind...Any connection to the fact he married my big sis' is purely coincidental!)

I shall point him in this direction to have a look (though he'd have web-sites galore I imagine).

Our sports-field where the plane is, is now named Geoff Lawson Oval, in honour of just another famous Wagga-ite!

mozgrame said:
*pics*

The tranquil botanic gardens. My Grandfather played a big role in its beginnings. :)

1 - been there
2 - been there
3 - been there
4 - haven't been there (oops)
5 - been there
6 - been there

There's a display in the botanic gardens with a really really old rock in it. My phd - scientist mother in law was amazed that it was just there in a plastic display case!

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:
*pics*

The tranquil botanic gardens. My Grandfather played a big role in its beginnings. :)

1 - been there
2 - been there
3 - been there
4 - haven't been there (oops)
5 - been there
6 - been there

There's a display in the botanic gardens with a really really old rock in it. My phd - scientist mother in law was amazed that it was just there in a plastic display case!

Really? Well, if it's worth anything to her, I might drop in there on Saturday for a look ;)

That would be right I guess. A couple of years ago a couple of local louts broke in there one night and stole, of all things, a young crocodile! Probably walked straight past the rock worth millions on their way to the croc pen. They never did say where they released the croc. lol

Well, since you've been and done most of the above, I'll take you on a journey a little further west in the next day or so. :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8