PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know Des will probably go with the same team except put cust in for utility and maybe swap boyle for keppie. I guarantee it. Anyways might as well give the team that i would like us to line up with:

1 Harper
2 Saab
3 Suli
4 Walker
5 Tui/ Funa
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Aloia
9 Cust
10 Kapow
11 Davey
12 Siro
13 Jurbo

14 Schuster
15 Sipley
16 Paseka
17 Jetski

Harper has done really well in every game he's played for us in first grade since coming. He's strong, fast and has the cardio to be everywhere around the field. There's no way you don't drop the players on the left side defence that conceded about 8 tries on their side and just got flat out bullied. So parker and Garrick can go and only coz Haumole got injured, Jetski can stay on the bench. Walker to play the only position he can. Tui had a good game last week, i know it was in centres but I know he will do a better job than Garrick. If not i also don't mind Funa on the wing. Davey our best player last week, deserves starting role over plodder jetski. Cust for Croker simple, Croker should be nowhere near our FG team. Schuster just adds way more value, versatility and speed against tired defenders as our utility. Paseka was also one of our best but I still like his rotation coming off the bench and with how Sipley played last week, imagine these two tanks coming in together after twenty minutes rotation. Would be deadly, also depending on how Sipley is conditioned for the new rules and first grade after a while out.

It won’t matter, we will be exposed again this weekend, south’s have speed to burn are match fit after 3 trails and a strong second half against the storm, they have a way more willing pack and a far superior backline, I firmly believe they will put 50 on us and deepen the mess. Oh and I forgot to mention their coach, like him or hate him, he will have his boys chomping at the bit to take full advantage of the many defensive weekness‘s and mental lapses we have during games, I will put up an apology to all if the boys prove me wrong.
How very noble and courageous of you.

Sadly this will be the team:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tevita Funa
15. Andrew Davey
16. Morgan Boyle
17. Taniela Paseka

Reserves:
18. Josh Schuster
19. Sean Keppie
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Morgan Harper

There were no injuries and Des will put it to the players hes sticking with them to redeem themselves because he believes in them.. Sorry point is for the fans and the club is that Garrick and Parker will again be our weak point and the bunnies will score 4 or 5 tries on the left edge, and with Crokers service from dummy half ( or lack of as he has no vision, zero running game and passes in slow mo ) we will struggle to score 2 tries.

Souths 34 Manly 10 end of story.

Our only hope is Des puts Harper to FB, Walker to Centre, Funa to Wing and Cust at Hooker.

drops Garrick, Parker and Croker, This means he can either put Schuster at 14 or Keppie/ Sipley,

Smart money tells you this is what should happen but Des will be looking to solidify the team moral and sticking with the same side is how he will do it. Unless one of last weeks players has an injury you wont see a change.

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tevita Funa
15. Andrew Davey
16. Morgan Boyle
17. Taniela Paseka

Reserves:
18. Josh Schuster
19. Sean Keppie
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Morgan Harper

There were no injuries and Des will put it to the players hes sticking with them to redeem themselves because he believes in them.. Sorry point is for the fans and the club is that Garrick and Parker will again be our weak point and the bunnies will score 4 or 5 tries on the left edge, and with Crokers service from dummy half ( or lack of as he has no vision, zero running game and passes in slow mo ) we will struggle to score 2 tries.

Our only hope is Des puts Harper to FB, Walker to Centre, Funa to Wing and Cust at Hooker.

drops Garrick, Parker and Croker, This means he can either put Schuster at 14 or Keppie/ Sipley,

Smart money tells you this is what should happen but Des will be looking to solidify the team moral and sticking with the same side is how he will do it. Unless one of last weeks players has an injury you wont see a change.

Finally someone who agrees with me

What i dont understand. Turbo will be back in 3-4 weeks. he will goto fullback. So where will Walker go? Centre? then just keep him there now and play someone else at fullback. Why chop and change combinations again in 3-4 weeks?

Koula is an actual fullback and has speed and size should be given a shot. Surely he wont do as bad as all the other pretenders who had a go?

1. Koula
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Harper (purely for his defence. Seems best option)
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Turbo ( he offers nothing but good defence and a basic hit up)
9. Cust
10. Tapau
11. Sironen
12. Davey
13. Saddler

14. Shuster
15. Sipley
16. Paseka
17. Aloiai
Im with you..koula is speed and has played fullback..get him in early i say

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tevita Funa
15. Andrew Davey
16. Morgan Boyle
17. Taniela Paseka

Reserves:
18. Josh Schuster
19. Sean Keppie
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Morgan Harper

Your pretty much spot on.
Des clearly said no changes yet and crockers interview seemed to indicate he will be 9 again which is crazy cause cust carved it up on the weekend and has earned the 9 atm

Yep, sorry Kev, the pain runs pretty deep at the moment, I can’t recall it being worse, I don’t think pissing in anyones pocket or pretending things will magically be any different by mulling over who plays where is going to help, I‘m hurting mate and the whole thing is a bloody mess, I can’t believe whats going at at the moment, it’s garbage, I love this club and I have my whole life, I’m sorry if I’ve upset you by spelling the truth. It’s time for change.

If the team doesn't look substantially similar to this I won't be watching:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Tevita Funa
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

The club won't see another dollar from me until we stop running out reserve graders when much better players are being made to sit out.

If the team doesn't look substantially similar to this I won't be watching:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Tevita Funa
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Andrew Davey
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

The club won't see another dollar from me until we stop running out reserve graders when much better players are being made to sit out.
Hope this is close enough then...

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Andrew Davey
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

Cause that is what I am tipping Desmond will interpret as 'changing the troops'...

True that. With the likes of Alex Johnston and Cody Walker out that way, it will be interesting to see how Siro, Suli and the Volvo go.
Yeah, and I think Latrine favours injecting into their left side attack more than the right side .. might be a nightmare on both edges ..

The anticipation is killing me .. Oh the horror ... the horror .. Schuster to #14 ..
1615868762718.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10