PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great to see all the optimism on here and I agree I think we’ll have a good year BUT we usually get off to a slow start so I’m not reading too much into game 1 which I expect we’ll lose.

Anyone like to predict the crowd numbers for next Sunday?

Sunday arvo , one of the big clubs ( as in drawing our fans in) , first game of the year , weather permitting I’m going to go right out and say , 17,200.

Fingers crossed.

Sunday arvo , one of the big clubs ( as in drawing our fans in) , first game of the year , weather permitting I’m going to go right out and say , 17,200.

Fingers crossed.
Full house Mark

Fingers crossed.

Not so sure Mark with the panic factor of Covid-19. After watching my local supermarket, Woolworths in Berala, stripped of toilet paper, paper rolls, pasta, tissues, wipes, Detol, Panadol, babypads, flour and eggs quickly vanishing as well as canned food, and its been going on like this for over a week, not to mention the increasing number of face masks I'm observing, I wonder at the panic factor of gathering crowds. With the economic downturn, all I can say is what Han Solo said.....'I got a bad feeling about this'. I hope common sense prevails but I'm see no evidence of it locally. The amusing issue is that at some stage there will be a saturation point where people will have stored more goods than they can possibly need. Things will then appear again on the shelves (I'm thinking 2-3 weeks) and they wont sell.

Last edited:
Round 1 games and picks
Slime vs puppies - slime 13+
Manly vs storm - manly by 6
Canberra vs titans - raiders 13+
Cows vs donkeys - cows 1-12
Knights vs warriors - warriors by 6
Sharks vs souffs - sharks 1-12
Panthers vs roosters - panthers by 2
Tigers vs dragons - tigers 13+

Dragons for the spoon this year

Great to see all the optimism on here and I agree I think we’ll have a good year BUT we usually get off to a slow start so I’m not reading too much into game 1 which I expect we’ll lose.
Did we always get off to a slow start with Des? I honestly can’t remember. I do know that the Storm are close to unbeatable in round one through.

I hope it is celebration ... becuase I have two $2 lottery tickets riding on the game with 2 evil Storm supporting girls .... one with Paris, the face of an Angel but the heart of a demon ... and one with Tia, the world's best barista and a practicing black witch ....

Take the lottery tickets
We will smash them
Win the cash and I believe a wooden stake through the heart or a silver bullet stops them from ever returning

Not so sure Mark with the panic factor of Covid-19. After watching my local supermarket, Woolworths in Berala, stripped of toilet paper, paper rolls, pasta, tissues, wipes, Detol, Panadol, babypads, flour and eggs quickly vanishing as well as canned food, and its been going on like this for over a week, not to mention the increasing number of face masks I'm observing, I wonder at the panic factor of gathering crowds. With the economic downturn, all I can say is what Han Solo said.....'I got a bad feeling about this'. I hope common sense prevails but I'm see no evidence of it locally. The amusing issue is that at some stage there will be a saturation point where people will have stored more goods than they can possible need. Things will then appear again on the shelves (I'm thinking 2-3 weeks) and they wont sell.
You ain't see real panic buying yet.
Just wait till the Manly brew hits the shelf.

Not so sure Mark with the panic factor of Covid-19. After watching my local supermarket, Woolworths in Berala, stripped of toilet paper, paper rolls, pasta, tissues, wipes, Detol, Panadol, babypads, flour and eggs quickly vanishing as well as canned food, and its been going on like this for over a week, not to mention the increasing number of face masks I'm observing, I wonder at the panic factor of gathering crowds. With the economic downturn, all I can say is what Han Solo said.....'I got a bad feeling about this'. I hope common sense prevails but I'm see no evidence of it locally. The amusing issue is that at some stage there will be a saturation point where people will have stored more goods than they can possible need. Things will then appear again on the shelves (I'm thinking 2-3 weeks) and they wont sell.
86,000 at MCG last night. Settle for 20% of that!

Eels vs Dogs - Eels by 2
Cowboys vs Donkeys - Cowboys by 7
Canberra vs Titans - Raiders by 8
Knights vs Warriors - Knights by 10
Sharks vs Bunnies - Rabbits by 16
Panthers vs Roosters - Chooks by 12
Tigers vs Dragons - Tigers by 6
Manly vs Storm - Manly by 4

Not quite a sell out due to weather
Manly to get home in a close one with Dylan Walker scoring a long range try in the final seconds
Go Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10