Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'....the Sharks don't view Lottoland as a threat to their finals hopes despite an abysmal five wins from the 46 matches played between the two clubs at the famous ground.

Cronulla players addressed the lack of success at Lottoland before Morris dismissed any talk of the Northern Beaches hoodoo.

"Most of the squad haven’t played there in a Sharks jersey," Morris said. "We are not worried about it at all.

"From our perspective it’s naught-naught there.
'

Morris overlooks the fact that 41 other Sharks Teams are also 'naught-naught there' :D
What a load of crap from the Sharks. If they weren’t worried about it they wouldn’t have spoken about it as a group. Plus a large number of those players have played there and know how hard it is to win. Johnson has been on the end of some hidings there I believe.

'....the Sharks don't view Lottoland as a threat to their finals hopes despite an abysmal five wins from the 46 matches played between the two clubs at the famous ground.

Cronulla players addressed the lack of success at Lottoland before Morris dismissed any talk of the Northern Beaches hoodoo.

"Most of the squad haven’t played there in a Sharks jersey," Morris said. "We are not worried about it at all.

"From our perspective it’s naught-naught there.
'

Morris overlooks the fact that 41 other Sharks Teams are also 'naught-naught there' :D
Like his brother, if Morris gets scratched by a blade of sacred Brookie turf he'll cry foul and blame the surface.:swear:
Maybe the IQ scores of the Morris twins are 'naught-naught there'@:D

Walker
Taufua
Parker
Suli
Garrick
DCE
Cust
AFB
Fainu
Keppie
Getski
Trex
Jake

Crocker
Perrett
Sipley
Waddell

This would be my team. Api offers no points in my opinion.
Cust and Crocker off the bench offer options.

I reluctantly picked Waddell as he has been very average but believe he can lift.

Elliott misses out this week for mine.

What do we think of Walker possibly playing fullback? I am iffy about it but I know he can run and our options are limited. Just worries me having changes as drastic as this in finals when Elliott has already proven himself at fullback, which limits too many shifts in positions
I am terrified of Dylan defending at the back, but we need something in attack and we have been absolutely woeful for a while now and useless when Turbo is out.
In attack, moving Walker does a couple of things; it gives him freedom to move around and focus on his running game rather than looking to set up others and it brings another half into the game with more skills to build plays. Cust was pretty good in the games he had, but he is also good for plenty of errors and probably won't tackle as well as Walker has in the role. It's a gamble but I think it gives us a chance.
If we had an intact forward line then we could just defend well and grind out a win but with so many changes I don't think that's an option any more. Unless we can build some pressure at the other end of the field the Sharks are just going to build their attacks until we crumble.
Although, I think my hopes for this game hit rock bottom a couple of days ago - now even the most ridiculous ideas are starting to sound like they could be worth a shot.

What do we think of Walker possibly playing fullback?

We can win games without Turbo - we just need urgency in defence, a good kicking game and to hold & offload the ball - which we haven't done for the last few weeks! If we get back to basics & be patient, scoring opportunities will come - we have skilful halves & dummy halves to set up plays. I look forward to seeing new blood in the side, but major positional changes could be unsettling - Elliot on the wing was a failure last week. However, it could be our last game of the season, so Des may take drastic measures.

By the way, the media outlets have been saying Jack is out - this could have a big impact on the makeup of the side.

Seriously !!! They're doing a lot of self convincing rhat they're all over us, the Brookie hoodoo, T Rex, the Manly crowd and everything else whilst we have been dead silent. I've seen this countless times before. The sardines have their minds on everything but just playing a game of footy. They're going to talk themselves out of this. Monumental boil over coming up here people.

Seriously !!! They're doing a lot of self convincing rhat they're all over us, the Brookie hoodoo, T Rex, the Manly crowd and everything else whilst we have been dead silent. I've seen this countless times before. The sardines have their minds on everything but just playing a game of footy. They're going to talk themselves out of this. Monumental boil over coming up here people.
Been thinking this since Sunday night big league wrap on fox where we were completely written off.

Just an old fart rant ... AT the last home semi I went to at Brookie run by the NRL ... they ringed the ground with loud speakers 2 feet from the fence and blasted non stop crap out of them ... was sitting front row behind the sticks with a couple of mates and kids and could not hear each other talk ... apart fro the win it made the whole experience shiitehouse!

We can win games without Turbo - we just need urgency in defence, a good kicking game and to hold & offload the ball - which we haven't done for the last few weeks! If we get back to basics & be patient, scoring opportunities will come - we have skilful halves & dummy halves to set up plays. I look forward to seeing new blood in the side, but major positional changes could be unsettling - Elliot on the wing was a failure last week. However, it could be our last game of the season, so Des may take drastic measures.

By the way, the media outlets have been saying Jack is out - this could have a big impact on the makeup of the side.
If jack is out then T rex gets a start.

The better Robbo, post: 1185981, member: 27620"]If jack is out then T rex gets a start.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling its a des special ;) probably be the same team as last week plus fill ins from injury ie garrcik at fb and elliot on the wing :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8