• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reason I mention Mauro and T-rex is their ability to never lose their footing in tackles. You will notice they never get driven back an inch even in 3 man tackles. Good go forward for such young blokes is what I think we can best hope for from our young interchange props.

He would be a minimum wage contracted player (55-60 grand)!! Mauro is doing fine, what do fans expect, 150 metres in 10 hit ups!!

I'm quite happy with our current forward pack although I wouldn't mind adding the names already mentioned in this thread.

Hoppa is the main priority at the moment. The kid is still 18 and growing. Imagine how good he will be in 2 or 3 years time.

Gorgeous George said:
I'm quite happy with our current forward pack although I wouldn't mind adding the names already mentioned in this thread.

Hoppa is the main priority at the moment. The kid is still 18 and growing. Imagine how good he will be in 2 or 3 years time.
Would you swap Kite for JWH, I know I would.

Ralphie surely you jest. JWH is error prone and can't/won't tackle. Kite is good for another two years then, we have a few good forwards coming through. leave JWH at the rorters. That's where he wanted to go so he can stay there.

davidsheehan said:
Ralphie surely you jest. JWH is error prone and can't/won't tackle. Kite is good for another two years then, we have a few good forwards coming through. leave JWH at the rorters. That's where he wanted to go so he can stay there.

Kitey's been good for the last two weeks but not value for money considering what he's served up in the last couple of years.

Bring in some fresh players to the club and do what Souths do make them part of the membership drive i.e Burgess and Inglis

I wouldn't be surprised to see JWH back at Manly sometime in the next couple of seasons, can't say that I'd be upset to see the bloke back in our colours either.

He is a good player, most of the hatred for him on here stems from the same source as the Hokko hate. The Roosters don't seem to provide a positive atmosphere for young players to grow in & when his coach is Brian Smith you can't expect much from the kid. The silly errors & reckless defending would be cut down big time under Des IMO.

Ralphie said:
Gorgeous George said:

Kite every day of the week

Seriously Kiwi, I am trying to understand why. Don't get me wrong Kite has been great for us, but Kite is 30, JWH is 22. Kite won't run straight and hard JWH does. JWH defence hurts the opposition (look at today's game) and when was the last time you saw Kite put in a big hit. JWH has that mongrel intimidation factor, Kite does not.

The momentum of todays games changed as soon he went on. Please don't let loose with your usual abuse, I genuinely would like to know why you think Kite is better.

Ralphie said:
Seriously Kiwi, I am trying to understand why. Don't get me wrong Kite has been great for us, but Kite is 30, JWH is 22. Kite won't run straight and hard JWH does. JWH defence hurts the opposition (look at today's game) and when was the last time you saw Kite put in a big hit. JWH has that mongrel intimidation factor, Kite does not.

The momentum of todays games changed as soon he went on. Please don't let loose with your usual abuse, I genuinely would like to know why you think Kite is better.

They might both be props but they are playing two totally different games at the moment. Kite is doing the hard yards and playing long minutes. JWH is playing off the bench and his role is to be a wrecking ball. I'm not sure if JWH is capable of playing the type of role we need him to in our current side if he was to replace Kite. I could still find a place for him in our 17 but where he currently is in his development he's still not a starting prop IMO.

Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

They might both be props but they are playing two totally different games at the moment. Kite is doing the hard yards and playing long minutes. JWH is playing off the bench and his role is to be a wrecking ball. I'm not sure if JWH is capable of playing the type of role we need him to in our current side if he was to replace Kite. I could still find a place for him in our 17 but where he currently is in his development he's still not a starting prop IMO.

In a way I agree with you. The only prop's I can see that can play long minutes are Tolman(already at the Dogs) and James Graham (looks to be going to the Dogs).

But in another way I disagree with you ME a props role is to get a team to roll forward and unfortunately until the last two games Kite hasn't been providing that.

I didn't realize this but apparently Josh McGuire is off contract and after watching him play for Samoa last year was pretty impressed him.

Which abuse would that be mate ?

Kite has the runs on the board, is playing decent footy, is a massive influence around the club on the younger blokes and is a terrific clubman

JWH, he is still yet to prove himself for me at NRL. He does play aggressive, but does have a lot of penalties and dog acts in him that accompany that, I am still not convinced that he can defend either, he has a shoulder charge, but genuine defense still isn't at a great level for me

So if the options were say kite at 250-270 or JWH at 180-200 I would still be sticking with kite at this stage

Ralphie said:

Ralphie said:
Gorgeous George said:

Like I said, I'm happy with our current pack. Particularly if they keep on beating up on opposing packs!

JWH has nice impact off the bench. Kite is solid. Different types of player and different positions so you can't really compare the two. Who would give us more value on the field? I think Kitey.

Jerry1 said:
Kitey needs to get angry. He needs a blood transfusion from hoppa Snr.

I reckon Kite had 2 poor games against the Rabbits and Sharks but I think he was more than OK in every other game bar the Warriors where he was outstanding.

Wasn't disputing he is much improved this season just stating there isn't a bad bone In his body. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8