Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's be serious in our questions, as though @Berkeley_Eagle is going to ask stupid questions from the floor.

As has been stated the most important question of all is " thank you for attending today but in the future how do you propose keeping your members up to date with how you are rebuilding our club".

I would not expect an answer as to what's exactly happening player wise, and to think he will answer questions about the halves negotiations is ludicrous.

Id expect him to give those attending a brief outline of his vision, and how he proposes to get there , other than that if he agrees to more communication with the members I think that would be a great outcome.

What's the timeline on destroying the club, selling the franchise back to Grant & co, so they can set up a new team in Perth?

What's the timeline on destroying the club, selling the franchise back to Grant & co, so they can set up a new team in Perth?

Lol, that would be a good question but one that might be passed on for comment.

By the way I don't think that can actually happen, I think the Football Club preference share has the control on that

The fans knew that Foran was leaving last August.

Surely the club knew as well. Then why wasn't our offer for Foran pulled last year and the money used to sign DCE?

Who will be our half and 5/8 for next year now that you have lost our existing ones?

**** oath they knew. I told them at the time. If he denies it, I have written evidence to the contrary.

A genuine question is imperative to which Joe would provide an honest answer to, at least you think.

A question such as do you read or are regularly kept up to date with what the fans post on this forum and if so are you aware of the negativity towards himself, the Penns, Toovey and the playing group which is derived from the lack of information coming from the club? What can and will you do about it or are we to continue to relay on the negative media speculation continuously putting the club down?

Oh, and can I buy one of those units
Because he's scared. A Fwitened little bunny rabbit.
It may just be logistics - I think for games at Brookie there are more formal matters before games with sponsors, etc. The distance here probably reduces the official duties.

Lol, that would be a good question but one that might be passed on for comment.

By the way I don't think that can actually happen, I think the Football Club preference share has the control on that
Yes I know, however the Football Club has no money, along with its traditional running mate, the Leagues Club. Hence little to no influence. We just have to hope that the Pencills (sic) and Grace Kelly know what they doing, and are acting in the Club's best interest. I'm sure they are!

Oh, and can I buy one of those units

It may just be logistics - I think for games at Brookie there are more formal matters before games with sponsors, etc. The distance here probably reduces the official duties.
Nothing to stop a mid-week Q&A at Manly Leagues club. Have the CEO, board members, coach & captain answering questions.

The Waratahs did a similar thing back in 2011 for members.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/04/02/matt_ballin_extends_.html

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are thrilled to announce the re-signing of Matt Ballin until the end of the 2017 NRL season, on the eve of his 200th first-grade game for the Club.

Ballin will become only the third Manly hooker to reach the 200 game-milestone when he leads the team out this Easter Saturday at Lavington Sports Ground, Albury.

The Manly stalwart is pleased to have agreed to terms with the Club that he has won two premierships with since making his debut against the Wests Tigers in Round 2, 2007.

“For the past nine and a half years I have proudly represented the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, and my family and I couldn't be happier with the opportunity to remain a one club player,” Ballin said.

“My family and I would like to thank the Penn family, Geoff Toovey and staff for their loyalty, as well as past and present players that I have played with. I play the game because of the friendships and bonds that are formed within a rugby league team.”

“I’d like to thank the sponsors, members and fans who tirelessly support us week in and out, through good and bad. Without your passionate support, the club would not exist.”

“Finally, I would like to thank my wife Shannan and children, Fletcher, Murphy and Mackenzie for their unwavering love. I know my career would not have been possible without your motivation, advice and sacrifice.”

Sea Eagles CEO, Joe Kelly, was delighted to re-sign a person of Ballin’s quality and stature to the Club.

“Matt encapsulates everything we look for in players at our Club – hard working, committed and professional,” Kelly said.

“He is a truly valued clubman and ambassador. We are thrilled to see him extend, knowing that he will finish his NRL career at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.”

“Matt shows incredible leadership and commitment on and off the field and I’m pleased to see that continue into the future.”

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey was full of praise for the one club player who he has worked with for nearly a decade.

“Matt is one of the toughest players to ever wear the jersey,” Toovey said.

“He puts in every single week, leaving nothing on the field and I couldn’t be happier that he has re-committed to the Club.”

Ballin holds the record for the most number of consecutive games for the Sea Eagles (182), represented Queensland on one occasion in 2010, and was voted Manly’s Best and Fairest Player in 2012. He was also a member of the 2008 and 2011 NRL Telstra Premiership winning sides.

Another question is why are you holding a Q & A in Albury why not hold an information night at the Manly Leagues Club where more fans can attend?
This was going to be my question too. Do we members/fans have to go to Albury to get some answers?! Communication to members has been sadly lacking recently, e.g. DCE's departure, Fortress Brookvale upgrade, etc.

Are you going to have any Q & A sessions at home - in Brookvale?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4