Quote of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tools I haven't been to Thailand yet. I shan't be paying for hand jobs nor will I be looking to pick up locals as I'm weary of the ladyboi situation so you homos and fro can get back in ure box :)

hehe thanks for keeping me seperate from the homos.

And its certainly hard to tell the difference, we hired a taxi driver for a day to drive us around and he pointed a few out that were dead set glamours.

Yes Cam you are far better off keeping it in your pants, have a good time over there big fella.

I'm not really sure but after a few drinks and a bit of temptation i probably would have copped a gobby off Miriam and felt dirty afterwards. That dude was hot!

My money is on Cambo sneaking in a special massage or 2 whilst over there.  I had a mate go last year and I said he would pay for some action much to his protests.  When he returned his comment was "I got laid 4 times and only paid for 3 of them".  You will be right Cambo, the ladyboys are pretty easy to pick.  If you are a single man and need some lovin get into it big fella.

Drizzt1 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186377.msg314613#msg314613 date=1297149109]
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186377.msg314391#msg314391 date=1297031668]
“Children need heroes and North Sydney have none.\"

On this occasion well saind Mr CEO :)

Once again our CEO is wrong.

Ken Irvine is a true Norths legend and always will be.  He would have made any Australia team of his era. 

And better still he never went to thailand like a lot of these blokes.   

I wonder when Lowey will be setting up the Graham Lowe new zealand rugby league academy that was talked about a couple of years ago?
[/quote]

Where did Cliff Lyons begin his career in 1985 guys?
Just asking...

[/quote]CLIFFY  was originally from the sharks from memory then went to norths then us..

Quote of the Year: Tony Abbot

Ready, wait for it, here it comes....................................

Hmm very quiet there Tony...

Yep Sharks, Gundagai, Norths, Leeds, Sheffield, Manly, Umina, Hornsby and Narraweena. He's played more games for the Narraweena Hawks then he did for Norths! So wouldn't exactly refer to him as a norths product!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297213768[/time]

clontaago link said:

**** Happens!

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186377.msg314638#msg314638 date=1297159761]
Mark Graham was a hero.  Donny McKinnon was the best.  George Ambrum.  Billy Hamilton.  Freddy Teasdell.

The list of north sydney heros goes on and on and on.  

Wasnt McKinnon the bloke who was famously televised taking a leak in the defensive line ?
[/quote]

Yes he pissed on Lang park which is something most NSW supporters would like to do as well.  

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297215801[/time]

clontaago link said:

His actions speak louder than words.  You could also at least spell his name right if you are going to bag him

Off topic here but re Abbott

On Triple MMM Brisbane this morning they were interviewing an on holiday Soldier who said he was one metre from Abbott when he made that statement...they were talking about the use of Tanks and how that would affect the war over there, the American said something like " sadly we have no Tanks blah blah" and the comment from Abbott came straight after this....the Soldier (who couldn't be named) said it was complete Bull**** that he was talking about the Digger that was killed.

Media beat up!

Actually I heard the full conversation on Channel 7 last night - they were talking about the incident where the soldier was killed from what I heard

Only reported what I heard this morning....regardless I still think it's a media beat up, using the words "**** Happens" is something I do most days, and I imagine most Australians would use it regularly...I don't think for one second he was denigrating the loss of the soldier. In my opinion Mark Riley (Journo) needs a rocket up his bum for exposing it.

There seems to be a lot of splitting hairs here. I think the intention of the statement was to say that Norths have no current NRL heroes for the kids to look up to.

They do of course have a number of past greats.

This Forum is beginning to resemble the Manly Sea Eagles Boardroom of 2009.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297216692[/time]

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Only reported what I heard this morning....regardless I still think it's a media beat up, using the words \"s**t Happens\" is something I do most days, and I imagine most Australians would use it regularly...I don't think for one second he was denigrating the loss of the soldier. In my opinion Mark Riley (Journo) needs a rocket up his bum for exposing it.

I completely agree

The full story is available Mark and thats not how the comment was made.

The comment came after discussions between the army commanders and Abbott about whether Australian forces involved in the incident in which the soldier died were properly resourced.

Abbott accepted the assurance of the commanders on the ground, backed by a demonstration of the weaponry, that the supplies had been appropriate. What he was saying, in his use of the vernacular, was that the soldier's death was just an unavoidable tragedy.

The whole Abbott thing is a disgrace. He did nothing wrong. But his silence was pretty embarrasing, even somewhat funny. 

Yeah I have no problem with the "**** Happens" comment. What I have an issue with is a supposed "leader" having 2 and a half hours notice for an interview, and still not being able to come up with a suitable response to a question he knew was coming?!!?

Just standing there looking like one of those dogs on someones dashboard moving your head around is not an appropriate response.

clontaago link said:
Yeah I have no problem with the \"s**t Happens\" comment. What I have an issue with is a supposed \"leader\" having 2 and a half hours notice for an interview, and still not being able to come up with a suitable response to a question he knew was coming?!!?

Just standing there looking like one of those dogs on someones dashboard moving your head around is not an appropriate response.

Agree Clon - the Sh*t comment in a non issue, but the way he handled the interview was not soemthing you would expect from a future PM or international representative of our country

I would agree with the "stunned silence" issue, I really have no idea why he wouldn't defend himself.

As to the comment on radio, as I say just reporting what I heard from a soldier calling in, perhaps we might hear more from him in the coming days, maybe it was crap and he was just a liberal supporter calling in and if so we wont hear anything (although he did use military speak so he must have known something).

My view on the Abbott thing is a bit different.

He told the journo he was taking the comment out of context and ended up (after some silence) restating the journo had received an answer fitting of the question.

I see Abbotts silence as demonstrating great control. The journo deserved to be knocked down then and there IMO.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2