R.I.P. Earnie the Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad sad news. I have had contact with ernie via pm several times and his passion was always clear. What a sad thing to read but a wonderful tribute! Reading through this makes me remember why we started this site and reminded me that it is bigger than all of us and shows that a community is a sum of its members.

Rest in peace mate

On behalf of the Club, and with great personal sadness I express my condolences to Allan's family and Silvertails friends.

Vale Earnie the Eagle.

There are some posters on here that you get a buzz from seeing when you run into one of their contributions in a thread; 'Earnie' was one of those for me.

Scrolling down I often catch his avatar (which in a way reminded me of Stimpy from the 90's cartoon) and would always take the time to really read what he had to say. So much passion but always level-headed.

The 'pin' thread is one of the highlights in this forum and I recalled at the time the thrill I got reading about one of our contributors happily giving up his pin for Allan. I wasn't just about being 'Manly' but a genuine show of compassion and humility.

That none of us knew of Allan's condition as he continued on here, seemingly unabated by any of life's woes, highlights the selfless character of a man that just gets on with it. Having just lost a close uncle to 'c' last month, I have an idea of what he was going through day to day, but none of that ever appeared in these pages.

Of all the emotions reading about Allan, first and foremost I feel privileged to have crossed paths with the man, even if it were just through the computer screen.

Condolences to his family and friends; know that we here are all thinking of you in this difficult time and we wish you all well into the future.

RIP, Allan.

RIP to a true Manly Legend. Very sad news. My thoughts are with Anthony and the rest of the family.

Very sad indeed, He always had great posts and was obviously a great person. Reading though that post made me think of my Grandad, as he is a massive Manly fan aswell. RIP mate.

Tragic. Enjoyed some posting banter with Earnie.
While many of us are speculating about media rumours involving our club a true supporter has passed and his family is suffering. Real life stuff. RIP Earnie.

RIP Allan.

Love & Peace to his family.

Swapped a few pm's with "Earnie" after 2011 GF when I learned of his health problems.

Legend.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8