R.I.P. Earnie the Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A legend indeed. I exchanged PMs with Allan only a week or so ago and he never let on what he was going through.

I never met him face to face yet like many of us here I knew him quite well, and I'm shocked and saddened at the news of his death. The Manly and Silvertails communities have lost one of our own.

My condolences to Allan's family. Goodbye Earnie the Eagle.

RIP Earnie and sincere condolences to the family

That is the beauty and sadness of the net - everyone is as young and healthy as you believe they sound, you rarely have an idea of a persons private battles. May his passion live on

Must say I am shocked by this - only recently really enjoyed his post about being at all 8 premierships and the fact his Grand Kids took him to 2011 decider.

What a great tribute in the original post by C and C - I just hpe he was well enough on Friday night to see one last victory!

RIP Earnie - the view from the Brookie hill in the sky would be great I reckon.

I went back to read his post about loosing his Silvertail badge and makes you proud to be a Manly supporter to see the group hug everyone gave him at that time. We know one thing Alan "Earnie the Eagle" knew he was part of this family after that episode! RIP Alan I'm sure he will give the boys a push along from above when they need it!:angel:

I was both shocked and sadened to read about the passing of Allan. He will be surely missed by the Silvertails family but he will always be remembered by his views and thoughts on the many worthy posts that he has contributed over the years here and also by his great achivement of seeing every one of Manly’s 8 premiership victories live. WOW!!!

Like quite a few here, I have also swapped quite a few PMs over the last couple of years to either help him out with something with the forum or just to have a chat. I found out that just like me, he was ex-military. I did 20.5 years in the Air Force and Allan did 30 years in the Army and we both got out of the services in 2001.

I also learnt that he grew up with Todd Carney's Dad Darrell and he gave a few insights into what Todd's life was like growing up and that he thought that Todd went ferrel after his father died. He told me that If you were walking down the main street and you saw Darell coming towards you, you would cross over to the other side of the street because he would give you hiding for being on the same side as him (but only if he had his mates with him).

Allan also told me that he went to school with Rod Jackson that played on the wing for the Eagles back in the 70s sometime, only lasted a season or two.

Eighteen months ago, Allan told me in a PM that he was 56 years old so that would put him at around 57 or 58 at the time of his death. That is only 6 years older than what I will be later on this year, so hearing about Allan's passing really makes you look at your own life and how quickly things can change in such a short time.

So Allan, from one ex-military person to another, "Per ardua ad astra" (Through adversity to the stars).

Earnie the Eagle

Rest in peace my Silvertails friend :)

My thoughts and condolences to your family and friends.

Earnie, I hope you soar like an eagle now that you are up in the clouds.

RIP.

I am sadden by the news.

I enjoyed reading all your posts Earnie, you will be sadly missed but fondly remembered.

Condolences to the family.

Always enjoyed Earnies posts was always informative and level headed. So sorry to hear of his passing will be sadly missed by all of us. Goodbye Earnie may your Sea Eagle wings soar.

I'm stunned. Earnie's contributions have always been something I have looked forward to. My deepest condolences to his family. May he find a wing dedicated to Manly on his arrival.

Earnie took the term loyal manly fan to a new level and deserves a minute silence @ Brookie before we smash the Knights.

I wonder if the Manly Daily or the club could do a story on Ernie.

He was a Sea Eagle tragic who went to all 8 GF'S, and the story about ripping up the papers for a new car because the dealer slagged off at his beloved sea eagles, and painting his house maroon and white.

And it would be nice to have a pic of Earnie(Allan)

Great to know that he got to share with all of us that he had the honour of attending all 8.

His lost and returned memorabilia story will live with us.

Sad news. Condolences, especially to Anthony and family, and to Mozgramme and family for the recent losses. A huge thank you to Anthony and to C&C for bringing the fullness of this story to us.

Some threads and postings really touch the heart and put everything that happens, including all the dramas that sometimes fill these pages, into a different perspective. This is certainly one of them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8