R.I.P. Earnie the Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I got another message from Anthony which I'm sure he wouldn't mind me passing on as follows

Thank you very much for your kind words. I had a quick look at the thread and was very touched by the comments. I will reply to the thread in the coming days as you would appreciate things are a bit hectic at present.

Dad was a pretty much a private person, never did like a fuss when his birthday, fathers day etc came around.

I dont know how he would react to one of the suggestions on the thread for a minutes silence at Brookvale, it just wouldnt be him.

He once said to me that he wanted to leave this life as quietly as he came into it and wanted no fanfare or fuss, so we have respected that.

He was almost 59, too young in this day and age but he has left us with such good memories and will be sadly missed.

He will be farwelled to his favourite song by Benny Hill called Earnie.

Again thanks very much.

Anthony

Very sad news, a young soul taken too soon. My condolences to the family, Vale our Sea Eagle friend.

Chip and Chase said:
He will be farwelled to his favourite song by Benny Hill called Earnie.

http://m.youtube.com/index?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&desktop_uri=%2F%3Fgl%3DAU%26hl%3Den-GB#/watch?v=6bQhRVVzAyU

It has been a pleasure being with Earnie on the Silvertails site and he will be missed .Condolences to his family

Just adding my thanks to Earnie's son, Anthony for taking the time to update us in what is sure to busy a busy, sorrowful time for his family.

It is much appreciated.

Earnie the milkman, fastest milkman in the west...lol

A great song for a send off!

Sad news. I didn't know him but loved reading his posts.

What a moving tribute. Thanks for taking the time to write that and may he rest in peace.

My sincere condolences.

Hi to everyone.

I would just like to thank everyone here for their kind words of sympathy.

I can assure everyone that Dad would be now be trying to convert God into a Manly fan, he told that to us once.

Dad was a very private person and the forum ensured he could stay that way. I know his time in the military had a huge impact on him both physically and emotionally and would only ever tell us stories about the funny things that occurred.

It would infuriate him on ANZAC listening to wannabees spinning war stories, Dad said those that have seen, always see and don't talk like that.

Anyway I though that I would share with you with one of the funniest stories that he ever told me.

He was on a training exercise in the Putty Range near Singleton NSW, if you have ever been in that area you would know how thick the vegetation is.

He had taken 30 soldiers and was setting up a suitable site to ambush another group of soldiers who were playing enemy. By mid afternoon they were all camouflaged and well hidden in the scrub.

Some time later, Dad heard a vehicle heading towards his location on an old fire trail. This wasn't expected as part of the exercise but he thought that he would just let his men stay in position as he had learned not to trust anyone.

The vehicle stopped about 20 metres from them, Dad then could clearly see that it was a NSW Parks and Wildlife vehicle. The driver got out the vehicle, had a good look around and believed he was there alone.

This guy had a clipboard with him and placed it on the bonnet of the car, he then proceeded to drop his trousers and started to masturbate and it was clear that the clue board held a Playboy magazine.

When the Ranger had finished, Dad gave the order for the whole platoon to stand up and they all began to applause and whistle.

Well the parks ranger couldn't get into his vehicle quick enough, with his trousers still dropped and left the location with the sound of laughter that could be heard for miles.

Again thank you to all for your kind posts, I hope 2013 will give Manly another premiership and I can assure Dad (and God) will certainly be looking down watching......Anthony

I have it on good authority that God is ALREADY a Manly fan.

I bet that Ranger stuck to maths debating after that episode.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4