Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
14 GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I wonder what the biggest difference was in the team was this week, Compare to the last few weeks ….Oh yeah, J Schuster.

Schuster easily outplays DCE every time he plays. What a joke considering DCE is one of the highest paid players in the game.

And more proof that a passing game is infinitely more important than a kicking game. You can attack with a pass a lot more than you can attack with kicks. I hope this lesson is learnt, because DCE has next to 0 passing game….and when Schuster plays his passing game completely transforms the team. And Schuster plays on the side away from Koula, Huomole & Saab, a side of the field which is far more dangerous. Turbo prefers Schuster side as well.

Apart from one good 40/20 from DCE, what were his contributions? DCE comically kicks into his own player, kicks the ball dead for a 7th tackle set, end of first half a short kick that put Manly under pressure, easy knock on in the 2nd half…..and did virtually nothing attack.
The biggest difference was the application of the entire team, not one player. If Schu played last week, our forwards still get dominated.

When you consider DCE's 40/20 put Shoe in position to lay on the Parker try, you could try glass half full and determine that both players compliment one another. Further, I know whose defence I would prefer to have in the team, so lets not get too excited...Schu's defence is pretty awful.

Strange post to bag the guy that has easily been our best and most consistent player this season.

The biggest difference was the application of the entire team, not one player. If Schu played last week, our forwards still get dominated.

When you consider DCE's 40/20 put Shoe in position to lay on the Parker try, you could try glass half full and determine that both players compliment one another. Further, I know whose defence I would prefer to have in the team, so lets not get too excited...Schu's defence is pretty awful.

Strange post to bag the guy that has easily been our best and most consistent player this season.
I do think that schu’s defence needs work.

I started a reply to that post, but the red mist started. So I stopped. Seriously, why would you put a post up like that, and completely leave out the defensive efforts of both. But, as I said, Why? Just be bloody happy.

My tipping's shot, but my heart won so I'm very happy. Amazing how we put that together in cold Canberra and right before Origin. Now we have to back it up next week and not fall in another slump.

Interesting how Turbo was at the presser instead of DCE, or even Jake...

My tipping's shot, but my heart won so I'm very happy. Amazing how we put that together in cold Canberra and right before Origin. Now we have to back it up next week and not fall in another slump.

Interesting how Turbo was at the presser instead of DCE, or even Jake...
Maybe DCE needed a week off from answering questions about how he thought Turbo was going...

Genuinely my favourite Manly win since 2021, in fact it was a 2021-like performance. I hope we now understand how important Schuster is to the team, our attack is night and day with and without him. He is the key. If he rounds up his game by improving his defence and maybe developing a long kicking game as well to relieve pressure from Chez, then we have a generational superstar in our hands. Please don't doubt this kid ever again.

Paeseka ran for about 230 metres as well. that kinda got lost (by me anyway) with all the tom and shuster-ness.

It’s probably not the game to be making this comment after,but they still look a bit slow and at times pedestrian.Obviously not on the edges,but there is a lot of players standing still in the middle of the park when they have the ball.Even Canberra,at times today,were all moving up with the ball,which creates options.Manly seem to set up for the trick shot or a TomT/Schuster play or DCE gives it to Olakau’atu and says just trample over them.It’s a bit easy to pick off for the better teams.Once a more dynamic dummy half is in the team,I think things will change.As i said,probably not the best game to say this
I think it’s a fair comment considering how we have played in the last 3 games.There is plenty to work on. I am certainly not convinced we can go all the way to top 4. I am not going to get too excited just yet due to this one win. Having said that I do think we did good today
First time ever? Really?
Oh here we go out with the handbag. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Terry Zarsoff. First time EVER really?.

DALLY M's

• Raiders v Sea Eagles: 6 - Tom Trbojevic, 4 - Josh Schuster, 1 - Taniela Paseka, 1 - Reuben Garrick

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8