Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 19
Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 06:00 PM

Team Lists

I reckon Manly by plenty...
Last game vs Raiders it was not just Tom out , but DCE and others....and copped terrible calls, which we aided with lack of energy, if you don't compete hard, you will generally lose most calls and those 6 agains.
Totally agree with Snakes appraisal on the middle, where the Pommy 9 is clearly their centrepiece and the big blokes, namely Papalli and Tapine are the only real creators of attacking challenges by creating momentum on the Manly defence and MUST be shut down or it will be a longer afternoon than needed.
Regardless Manly will either win by a 30-40 margin, or it will be a higher scoring game and still a 40 - 28 Win if Manly allow Raiders to control that middle 3rd.
I expect "at least" 3 tries between Suli and Garrick...
To be fair, they had a heap out also. No Wighton, no Whitehead, no CNK, no Papalii. All are back this time around.

I think we will win, but they will try and bash us out of the game. However, if we can put three quick tries together - like we so often do - their bash and barge will quickly shift to panic footy.

Was it Matt Frawley that played in the last game and forced about 10 repeat sets? Hope he leaves his kicking boots at home...
Frawley had his best game in years against us, possibly the best of his (fairly uninspiring) career to date.

If we keep the possession to 50% they'll fall apart like they have done all year. They're not a fit side.

To be fair, they had a heap out also. No Wighton, no Whitehead, no CNK, no Papalii. All are back this time around.

I think we will win, but they will try and bash us out of the game. However, if we can put three quick tries together - like we so often do - their bash and barge will quickly shift to panic footy.
As I said at the time they're a better team without Wighton. He has been crap this year.

But Starling(who cut is up last time), Horsborough, Ryan James , Croker and CHN are missing this time
Starling only cut us up after the rot had well and truly set in off the back of the possession.

Here are some fairly telling stats from that match:

57% possession to the Raiders to our 43%
They had 43 complete sets to our 27
They received 6 penalties to our 1
They made 288 tackles to our 382

Even with that disparity we still made more line breaks, had a higher effective tackle percentage and made basically the same amount of metres per set.

All of that to say, you bring that possession stat back to 50% and we win that game. Which is pretty remarkable considering we were missing Tom, Jake, DCE and Schuster.

Yeah , Horsborough didn't play last time either, neither did Croker. Ryan James hasn't been getting selected so not really an out.

Starling and CHN are genuine loses that is for sure, especially Starling.
Croker played last time and kicked 5 from 5. James played too.

Last edited:
Raiders looked the better side at times against the storm last week. If Manly have shown one thing in 2021. They will find a way to lose without the Turbo.

The last game against the Raiders we had significantly less possession and so we were constantly on the back foot. Frawley’s kicking game was ‘on song’.

Walker was at No7, so when we did have possession, the structure just didn’t work.

Easy fix.

Starling only cut us up after the rot had well and truly set in off the back of the possession.

Here are some fairly telling stats from that match:

57% possession to the Raiders to our 43%
They had 43 complete sets to our 27
They received 6 penalties to our 1
They made 288 tackles to our 382

Even with that disparity we still made more line breaks, had a higher effective tackle percentage and made basically the same amount of metres per set.

All of that to say, you bring that possession stat back to 50% and we win that game. Which is pretty remarkable considering we were missing Tom, Jake, DCE and Schuster.
6 agains ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12