Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 19
Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 06:00 PM

Team Lists

With this weeks game being against Canberra ... lets look back at another time we played the Raiders away from Brookvale. The match was an ABC Saturday Super League game with commentary from Warren Boland, Arthur Beetson and John Peard.

Round 6, 1991
Bruce Stadium, Canberra.
Attendance: 14,180
Referee: Neil Almond

Manly:
Graham Lowe (coach)
Matthew Ridge, Frank Stokes, David Ronson, Michael O'Connor (c), David Liddiard, Cliff Lyons, Geoff Toovey, Martin Bella, Matt Dunford, David Hosking, Tony Iro, Ian Roberts, Des Hasler. Bench - Owen Cunningham, Chris White, Glenn Bourne, Michael Peachy

Canberra:
Tim Sheens (coach)
Gary Belcher, Matthew Wood, Mal Meninga (c), David Boyle, Jason Croker, Michael Twigg, Ricky Stuart, Brent Todd, Steve Walters, Glenn Lazarus, Mark Lowry, Gary Coyne, David Barnhill. Bench - Nigel Gaffey, Scott Gale, Brett Mullins.

Manly 46
Tries: O'Connor (2), Ridge, (2), Ronson (2), Iro
Goald: Ridge - 9/9

Canberra 12
Tries: Stuart, Walters
Goals: Meninga - 2/2

With this weeks game being against Canberra ... lets look back at another time we played the Raiders away from Brookvale. The match was an ABC Saturday Super League game with commentary from Warren Boland, Arthur Beetson and John Peard.

Round 6, 1991
Bruce Stadium, Canberra.
Attendance: 14,180
Referee: Neil Almond

Manly:
Graham Lowe (coach)
Matthew Ridge, Frank Stokes, David Ronson, Michael O'Connor (c), David Liddiard, Cliff Lyons, Geoff Toovey, Martin Bella, Matt Dunford, David Hosking, Tony Iro, Ian Roberts, Des Hasler. Bench - Owen Cunningham, Chris White, Glenn Bourne, Michael Peachy

Canberra:
Tim Sheens (coach)
Gary Belcher, Matthew Wood, Mal Meninga (c), David Boyle, Jason Croker, Michael Twigg, Ricky Stuart, Brent Todd, Steve Walters, Glenn Lazarus, Mark Lowry, Gary Coyne, David Barnhill. Bench - Nigel Gaffey, Scott Gale, Brett Mullins.

Manly 46
Tries: O'Connor (2), Ridge, (2), Ronson (2), Iro
Goald: Ridge - 9/9

Canberra 12
Tries: Stuart, Walters
Goals: Meninga - 2/2

…. And that Canberra side looks pretty good on paper! Putting 46 points on them would be no mean feat

…. And that Canberra side looks pretty good on paper! Putting 46 points on them would be no mean feat
I'd just taken a graduate job in Canberra a few months prior to that. Living in Canberra - Raiders this, Raiders that. One of the best damn days of my life. Down the front with my girlfriend in the middle of the Raiders fans --- stood up and cheered every try.

If you need to fill in some time between now and tomorrow night. Manly v Canberra 1995 at Bruce Stadium. Two great teams going toe to toe. Great footy back then.
How good was OJ. So underrated and quick! Brett Mullins also great to watch in full flight.

He had his moments , and has been a fair club footy player but the fact he’s never played Origin is the true indicator!!

Yeah not saying he was never any good, he has been a good solid player over a lot of years. More that his time has been and gone as it does for everybody. OK for some of us it never came to begin with.

If Turbo is out, is it likely that Walker will be centre, Suli wing and Garrick full back or will Des not want to shift too many around and just have Walker full back. In both instances I see Cust on the reserve bench. Another less likely option is Schuster at centre, and bring De Luis or Gossie onto the bench, Suli on the wing and Garrick full back, and have Walker stay on the bench

If Turbo is out, is it likely that Walker will be centre, Suli wing and Garrick full back or will Des not want to shift too many around and just have Walker full back. In both instances I see Cust on the reserve bench. Another less likely option is Schuster at centre, and bring De Luis onto the bench, Suli on the wing and Garrick full back, and have Walker stay on the bench
Maybe Funa to wing, Garrick to fullback?

I think we will see Gosie and Cust cut first.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10