MVP: Rd 5 v Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Magnificent win!

My top 3

DCE
Paaeka
Sippers

Big shout out for Brown and Aioli for bringing the energy.

NYEagle

3 Brown
2 Sipley

Those 2 were the players I reckon changed the whole tide of the game from once they came on. They started the domino effect which egged everyone else to dial in after losing ground in that first 20.

1 DCE

And then this is the man that topped it off. Was having a bit of shocker until he orchestrated those 3 tries in 10 minutes that won us the game.

While he may not have bent the line, never took a backward step and took it to them in both attack and defence. Inspirational performance.

They mentioned on the TV commentary he got a standing ovation from the crowd. Is this true?
Yep when he came off after his last stint. Been going to brookie for 50+ years and the atmosphere last night was up there as one of the best. The joint was rocking.

3) Brown - BK-like, inspirational and laid the platform
2) Burbo - considering the early change, played very well and probably better than if he'd stayed at 12
1) DCE - a try, try assist, 6/6 goals and got us home

Special mention: all the forwards

Me and my lady were down at a local which seemed to be full of people who had missed out on last-minute tickets, it went rowdy, what a great night. Tremendous team effort for the Win. Daly spoke afterwards about Belief; maybe in this display of what they can do and could do, our guys found a good amount of that.

3 DCE - a couple of rocks but diamonds that shone indeed. Great game for his milestone, able supported by an entire team that looked like it would run through burning brick walls for him.

Every man onfield deserved a slice of the 2 and 1 but I have chosen:

2 BenT - unexpectedly called upon to cover Centre and had an outstanding game. Very busy in attack and defence. Sweet hands for a try assist and very unlucky to miss out on one of his own. His best game for us I thought.

1 each to two men who seem to be playing like they are determined to seize every possible opportunity:

Nathan Brown - I was quite wrong about him and don't mind saying so. Lovely controlled aggression and brings extraordinary energy, every single thing he does seems to be off the back fence. His fellow forwards seem to love him.

Corey Waddell - try-scoring machine.....punisher in defence.....who knew?? Giving everything his 100% best and rapidly becoming a favourite. I think I was wrong about him too, he is playing like he has found a new lease on life.

3 Brown
2 Sips
1 DCE

For all the reasons noted already. There might have been more individual performances (more tackles, more runs metres etc) but Brown inspired and Sips delivered. And the others followed. It was great to watch.

3. Brown
2. Sipley
1 Jake just ahead of Paseka

Edit: DCE more than deserves a mention. The poor form from last week is still stiniging me, I dont understand the "chalk and cheese" performances.

Last edited:
I love when it’s a hard choice because everyone stood up , but
3 points - DCE - only a few faults but still the best on field
2 points - Brown showed the mongrel that we needed ( and have for a while),with Toff changed the momentum of the game
Tom - getting back to his best, not there yet but on the way
Burbo Tent Waddles and Koula all right up there

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8