Rest Snake next week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
panash said:
even though the stats are true and snake is a great asset...

our line up last night was great , we have great skillful players if we cant score without snake with likes of - DCE , Lyon,Foran ,Matai then there is a BIG problem that needs to be addressed... other teams would love to have these players in their team.

Watching the game so long , its the job of the halves to create and backs to finish , last night we struggled to create, Lyon was the only one that looked dangerous in the first half creating room for the wolfman.

i know we all love snake and his great but we cant keep saying if we had snake we would of won ( true or not ) , with this backline we should be able to find a way to score if his not on the park..
If we had Snake we would've won. Simple as that.

It's becoming very obvious they are covering up the extent of Snake's injury. I doubt he will play before the GF which means we are goooonnneee.

i was told mid week & mentioned this the other day on here , just to see if anyone else heard that snake is unlikely to play against roosters and i got hammered...

im not sure if its a good source , but i was told again today that he 100% wont be playing against the sharks and their trying to be optimistic for the week after hoping for the best..

im hesitant to believe him because i dont believe in rumors , but he was right about the roosters game...

and also about sandor earl...months before it came out.

if so , hopefully we win and he will be right to go up against souths..

people dont get aggressive with me , just sharing a comment with fellow supporters...

mickqld said:
It's becoming very obvious they are covering up the extent of Snake's injury. I doubt he will play before the GF which means we are goooonnneee.

I would have agreed with this before last night game. But Stewart was not there and we only lost by 4 to the minor premiers, who are a damn good side. Many said before the game if Stewart was out we had no hope. But we were a big chance last night and our attack still show more than theirs imo. It will be very, very hard without Stewart but we are still a chance as we never stop trying.

Bottom line is we have to win with whoever runs out each week. We've had that attitude for several years now.

Rorters comfortably disposed of Wabbits in the last round. Wabbits smashed the drizzle. of the top 4 , the form teams are clearly Manly and Rorters.

With Snake, we would have edged them out last night. The score would have been 6-4 or 10-4.

We are right in this. But we need you-know-who to have a miracle cure.
He didn't move around much when on the pitch last night talking to the other players, and thru the binoculars, his expression was, well, grumpy or even depressed.

Praps its a knee, and its top secret, and we wont find out till the off season ? :(

It was excrutiating sitting in Bay 18 Row T on the North/western side watching the boys go so close to scoring in the last 15 minutes but stop cm's from the line. Hiku was almost over and Foz was so close.
Why did Ballin kick for touch? that was a lost opportunity to built pressure on the opposition.
Choc dropped too many balls and still the score was only 4-0
That last play ended with Rose last pass and game over. I was expecting a last attempt for a high bomb...oh well.....we all miss Brett.
Its frustrating not knowing the full extent of his injury.

We went so close for a berth into week 3.

So, it sounds like the best option would be to have Snake on the bench with a box full of aspros, and only bring him on if we are in desperate trouble?

Unless we are flat after the Rorters game we should cover the Sharks comfortably, surely... especially with a few key injuries themselves.

On second thoughts, maybe resting Snake is the best option.

Play Brett 1st half, get a lead, hiku off bench in second half. Yeah I know sounds simple.

I'm getting the feeling that snake is gone for the season maybe tooves doesn't tell us cause he wants to keep the other teams worried. psychologicall thing

There's no way I'd rest Snake this week, its must win from now and he has to play. If he played against the Roosters he would have either scored a try or set one up, and that would have been the difference in winning and losing.

EagleRock40 said:
There's no way I'd rest Snake this week, its must win from now and he has to play. If he played against the Roosters he would have either scored a try or set one up, and that would have been the difference in winning and losing.
Yes, You can only play like that if you're not injured. The reality is he's injured, possibly out for season. Praps when he took off down the field, past the defence, dummied past Slater, he actually tore his hamstring, and just didn't show it / realise it. Peter Peters was quoted as saying that his injury was "not good" immediately after Storm game. Must say he looked a bit depressed walking around the field in his track suit. But i guess you would anyway.

He would have been stupid to play against the Roosters, he would have been in the Carney category. And forced to go off at half time after just making matters worse.

I dont think we'll see him again this season until the GF. (If we make it.)

if Brett plays again this season I believe it will be for one game only - that's it.

I think we are going to have to get used to not having him on the team.

If Brett can coach Hiku and Gutherson over the next season with Hiku playing fullback and Gutherson covering for him then when Matai retires Hiku can move to the centres and Gutherson can take over at fullback

If they took until late Friday to rule him out last week one would think he must have been pretty close to being fit.

If he doesn't play again this week was he so close to playing last week or was it all bull****?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8