Rest Snake next week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think a lot of you are missing some of the stuff Buhrer does for us, I couldn't leave him off any bench. I wasn't happy with his form earlier on in the year but he has been strong most weeks since midway through the year, constantly making up around the 100m mark from the bench

Don't you think Gower is capable of that too though?

For me it's pointless keeping T Red and Buhrer on the bench. T Red is the better player but gets bugger all game time. Maybe Toovces just rates him i guess. For Souths though i reckon we need more props on the bench than back rowers.

Stevo said:
Don't you think Gower is capable of that too though?

For me it's pointless keeping T Red and Buhrer on the bench. T Red is the better player but gets bugger all game time. Maybe Toovces just rates him i guess. For Souths though i reckon we need more props on the bench than back rowers.

Na I think they are different types of players

Buhrer has better footwork and although not utilised a lot lately his nippiness out of dummy half could be very handy with the Souths pack

He also does a lot more of the locks roaming role which I wouldn't see Gower capable of covering

I could live with both but probably would favour Buhrer against tiring big men

Depends on the game plan.
We more than held our own last time we played them and I dare say apart from the Matai no try we would've gone on to win so that game plan was reasonably effective.
When the Dragons beat them they had a very noticeable plan of constant offloads to move the Souths big boppers around at it worked too.

Buhrer is a tough and busy player with good footwork and hardly puts a foot wrong ( apart from a few penalties - but he's not alone there ) and deserves to keep his spot I reckon.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I think a lot of you are missing some of the stuff Buhrer does for us, I couldn't leave him off any bench. I wasn't happy with his form earlier on in the year but he has been strong most weeks since midway through the year, constantly making up around the 100m mark from the bench

This ^. No way i'd be leaving Buhrer out.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7