Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 2, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 12
SCG
18 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Manly were made looks worse than they are by a defence you would expect to see come finals time....and will look far different against a Roosters side, who I don't think are as good as most pundits rate them.
Manly from last week vs Roosters from last week we win by 10 - 16 points, but they were so flat, will show far more energy and Manly will also have a point to prove up front and I reckon they will.
Manly by 10 plus.

Well whilst I didn’t see the game the Rorters lost as well , so maybe it’s a “ who’s up for a redemption “ situation.

Given we haven’t beaten a top 4 side for two years I’m thinking it’s Rorters by 13+

And we’ll be 0/2.

And we have Tom.

I’ll be bush after tomorrow and no internet but a lot will depend on team list Tuesday.

Which I expect to be the same and if so I’ll stick with Rorters 13+
We beat Parra twice and they were top 4. If you mean the final top 4, well we’ve beaten ourselves on plenty of occasions.

I think Manly were made looks worse than they are by a defence you would expect to see come finals time....and will look far different against a Roosters side, who I don't think are as good as most pundits rate them.
Manly from last week vs Roosters from last week we win by 10 - 16 points, but they were so flat, will show far more energy and Manly will also have a point to prove up front and I reckon they will.
Manly by 10 plus.
Agree @maxta. Easts were awful which in sone ways is a bit worrying as they won’t be that bad again. They are vulnerable on the edges as keary and Walker really struggled in defence. You might be able to hide one vulnerable defensive half but two is problematic. Guac and Bullemor to really test those edges on Friday night.
Manly 26
Easts 12

I hope that reserves bench changes tomorrow. Walker in at 14. We can’t afford to carry another lightweight in Koula or Lawton. We need three forwards on the bench. JWH will be looking to atone for his below average game last week.

I hope that reserves bench changes tomorrow. Walker in at 14. We can’t afford to carry another lightweight in Koula or Lawton. We need three forwards on the bench. JWH will be looking to atone for his below average game last week.
Id like a bench of walker davey marty Sipley. With Paseka and keppie starting.... but des will choose the same same unless lawton misses a game

I believe Lawton at 9 is the way forward. Walker can cover 9 if lawton goes down and jake can fill in to give walks a rest. Or dce!

We beat Parra twice and they were top 4. If you mean the final top 4, well we’ve beaten ourselves on plenty of occasions.

When the media articles, commentators, fans, coaches, players talk about us not.beating a.top 4 team, you know that's what they all mean. It's the final top 4.

It's like saying after round one, "these are the top 4 teams, use them".

You're just being antagonistic. You knew what Mark meant. Your holier than thou persona is noted. We all get it.

Jesus , even @BOZO who's been pushed away from people like you can criticize a player or two if he feels it's warranted.

Last edited:
The Roosters are not a top 4 side this year. They re not in the same class as the Penrith and the Storm. Souths are now behind the top two but are ahead of the rest. We need to respond positively after last week with a much better performance. We must change our attacking structure and create space for hole runners otherwise Tommy will just be smothered again. This is a must win game for us and a game we should win especially with Radley and Smith out.

Think it’s just a case of the kid being a star and getting him on the field?… like for like apart from the issues you mentioned above.
Only a matter of time before he takes one of the centre spots.
Agreed he might be a star but trying to use him as a 14 was doomed even before the brain fart got into Des' mind lol

I am a huge Des supporter but that decision was a massive headscratcher... a young kid... first game.... had never played in the middle before.... not a ball player... not a huge defender.... just what could he offer except make something out of a half break.... Love Des but that was a diabolical selection.
Think he was purely selected for back line cover (had we had an injury we would have had no one mobile enough to cover)... prob decided to blood him and give him some minute towards the end as the result was well and truly over.

Think he was purely selected for back line cover (had we had an injury we would have had no one mobile enough to cover)... prob decided to blood him and give him some minute towards the end as the result was well and truly over.
100% Des got sick of moving backrowers to centre when any outside back went down. It's how Walker got his start at 14 and why he now runs 2 utilities in every game.

yes poor poor choice in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8