Round 25 v Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MANLY'S surge towards successive titles suffered a jolt last night when coach Geoff Toovey said he expected key duo Jason King and David Williams to be ruled out of Friday night's clash against the Broncos at Brookvale Oval.

Broncos skipper Sam Thaiday declared his side were bracing for another ambush from the Sea Eagles, who bolted out of the blocks to end Brisbane's season 26-14 in last year's preliminary final.

Toovey said he was resigned to losing King (shoulder) and Williams (knee). He is also sweating on medical reports on former Maroons hooker Matt Ballin (calf) and Jamie Buhrer (concussion).

And in a further concern for the Sea Eagles camp, Toovey revealed backrower Anthony Watmough was playing under duress with a knee injury.

Much more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sea-eagles-lose-key-pair-but-thaiday-braced-for-manly-ambush/story-fnbh0se4-1226454460305

MANLY'S surge towards successive titles suffered a jolt last night when coach Geoff Toovey said he expected key duo Jason King and David Williams to be ruled out of Friday night's clash against the Broncos at Brookvale Oval.

Broncos skipper Sam Thaiday declared his side were bracing for another ambush from the Sea Eagles, who bolted out of the blocks to end Brisbane's season 26-14 in last year's preliminary final.

Toovey said he was resigned to losing King (shoulder) and Williams (knee). He is also sweating on medical reports on former Maroons hooker Matt Ballin (calf) and Jamie Buhrer (concussion).

And in a further concern for the Sea Eagles camp, Toovey revealed backrower Anthony Watmough was playing under duress with a knee injury.

Much more @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sea-eagles-lose-key-pair-but-thaiday-braced-for-manly-ambush/story-fnbh0se4-1226454460305

Explain to me why it is ridiculous? It is my belief that because of other injury if he is ok to play he will play. I also believe that he would want to play. If his was the only injury to come out of the game he might get a game off but i don't think that will be the case.

Bet you he plays.

Explain to me why it is ridiculous? It is my belief that because of other injury if he is ok to play he will play. I also believe that he would want to play. If his was the only injury to come out of the game he might get a game off but i don't think that will be the case.

Bet you he plays.

That's why there are doctors to make such decisions and it's not left in the hands of players.
Of course Bhurer would want to play. That's not a relevant argument mate.
I simply pointed out that you were looking at this through selfish glasses and that there is considerably more to life than just football and that it would be an incredible risk to play him this week after such a serious KO.

The club has a duty of care. Or are you suggesting that goes out the window when your playing stocks are low?

That's why there are doctors to make such decisions and it's not left in the hands of players.
Of course Bhurer would want to play. That's not a relevant argument mate.
I simply pointed out that you were looking at this through selfish glasses and that there is considerably more to life than just football and that it would be an incredible risk to play him this week after such a serious KO.

The club has a duty of care. Or are you suggesting that goes out the window when your playing stocks are low?

That's their decision to make not mine.

It's my belief that if there is any chance he can play he will due to the amount of other injury.

What's wrong with that? Why am i selfish?

It's my belief that if there is any chance he can play he will due to the amount of other injury.

Stevo said:

You are stating the obvious but let's put this to bed.
I didn't call you selfish. I called your comment selfish. It's there in black and white just a few posts above.

I did not attack you personally but you came out swinging anyway.

For the last time, we're not dealing with a slight muscle strain.
Brain injuries are deadly serious stuff.

Stevo said:

You are stating the obvious but let's put this to bed.
I didn't call you selfish. I called your comment selfish. It's there in black and white just a few posts above.

I did not attack you personally but you came out swinging anyway.

For the last time, we're not dealing with a slight muscle strain.
Brain injuries are deadly serious stuff.

Geoff Toovey said exactly the same thing on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning. That with all the injury concerns he is really hopeful that Buhrer wil be passed fit and can play on Friday.

Geoff Toovey said exactly the same thing on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning. That with all the injury concerns he is really hopeful that Buhrer wil be passed fit and can play on Friday.

You're not selfish. If the guy wants to play and he's adjudged as being fit, then play him. Big Tony needs to get himself more involved if we're to win this match. Funny thing is that his side of the play on Sunday saw very little of the ball in that second half. I thought that was weird seeing as how he was so destructive in the first half. I don't think we lose anything having Whare in for Wolfie. Ballin's another matter though. His workrate in the middle will be a loss. But overall, we've got the smarter team and if we make our tackles we'll win. Us by 12.

You're not selfish. If the guy wants to play and he's adjudged as being fit, then play him. Big Tony needs to get himself more involved if we're to win this match. Funny thing is that his side of the play on Sunday saw very little of the ball in that second half. I thought that was weird seeing as how he was so destructive in the first half. I don't think we lose anything having Whare in for Wolfie. Ballin's another matter though. His workrate in the middle will be a loss. But overall, we've got the smarter team and if we make our tackles we'll win. Us by 12.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6