Round 8 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looking at the ladder we just need to keep winning. Who cares what anyone else is doing. I want us to send gifty out with a premiership win and especially a GF win over the filthy dogs.

Lol @ souths - premature I know
Lol @ Brisbane
no idea who will win this
Good result for manly - souths win.

Don't care for either side, but that was a great game to watch. Some contentious calls, but I can see how the refs went that way.

Av8r said:
Inglis carving up the Broncos tonight.

i turned the footy on at 16-0 & was listening to the commentators dribble on about g.i. non stop- until the broncos put a grubber in to him,which he fumbled & they scored off!
could watch that over & over:D

Still feel a different ref, different interpretations on those last two rapid-fire penalties and different result altogether.

Again it's an absolute lottery that the referees' are determining far too precisely with their calls on any given day.

They have no confidence and refer almost every possible decision upstairs too.

Don't feel bad for the Bronx really, but I can see how they might feel aggrieved by that outcome.

driftout said:
I expect Newcastle to put the cleaners through the Dogs on Saturday. Bennett was more irritable than normal during last week's press conference and he always has the game plan to tame the Dogs . Mullen's kicking game (especially his combo with McManus) will expose the Dogs' wingers .

Wayne Bennett has generally had the wood on the Dogs whether he's been with the Broncos/Saints or Knights. I think Toovey can take a leaf out of his game plan as Manly has sometimes been too aggressive at the expense of exploiting opposition weaknesses in recent clashes against the Dogs.

It was much the same as last week's game we had against the Cows.

The Ponies should never have lost that game. They had a big enough lead. But the penalty Souffs got to win was a joke.

simon64 said:
It was much the same as last week's game we had against the Cows.

The Ponies should never have lost that game. They had a big enough lead. But the penalty Souffs got to win was a joke.

Yep, very similar.
The last conversion miss by Parker was crucial. If he gets that - which he does 9/10 times -it's pretty much game over, just like the Cows last week.
If you kick the goals you should then that gives you the buffer against the dodgy calls.

HappilyManly said:
Hope that the Warriors do their usual hoodoo of the Scumos tomorrow :)

why oh why didn't I listen to your comment?????

I know...

Because I also picked the dragons. Then Laughed to myself and made plans to change it later.

Then when later came around....I was errr a bit tipsy and thought...nah dragons will win and surely the warriors have no real wood on the storm.

So left them as they were.

Adding to my bronco pick...another glorious 0 from 3.

I just can't catch a break this year. I dunno why. lol (I'm an idiot)

GI try was pretty good. In fact racking my brain trying to think of a better individual try.
If Barba had a better game Broncos would have won that.
I too tipped Storm and Broncs :(

There are just so many close games this year. This highlights the ref calls, because in just about any 1 or 2 point game you can find a couple of contentious calls.

On the tv...anyone else notice the time clock going bonkers in the last 7 mins or so? (broncs v rabbits game)

Started to count back down....then jumped up...then back down again.

Glad the nrl hadn't linked the clock to that one!

(though maybe that explains a few things)

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
Hope that the Warriors do their usual hoodoo of the Scumos tomorrow :)

why oh why didn't I listen to your comment?????

I know...

Because I also picked the dragons. Then Laughed to myself and made plans to change it later.

Then when later came around....I was errr a bit tipsy and thought...nah dragons will win and surely the warriors have no real wood on the storm.

So left them as they were.

Adding to my bronco pick...another glorious 0 from 3.

I just can't catch a break this year. I dunno why. lol (I'm an idiot)

Most of us struggling this year. Knew Warriors love playing in Melbourne, felt Dragons deserved to beat Storm & on big stage against out of form Roosters*, should go ok & I just wanted Bronx to beat souths. 0 from 3 & money gone. Won't back saints again - my tip 4 spoon.

* Lost 2013 title for bribing refs & cap breaches - no premier.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7