Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

where would we be if we had to pay $250k for Oldfield $450k for Darcy $600k for TRex $300k for Whare

mozgrame said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
where would we be if we had to pay $250k for Oldfield $450k for Darcy $600k for TRex $300k for Whare

Phuket?
What the hell are you talking about the salary cap is only 123 000 000 Thai baht. We'd struggle. :)

A couple of points IMO Sam Perrett is a better play than oldfield.

Secondly it's a bit sad the next generation of local talent don't seem to be attached to the club. In that last 10-12 years we've seen
Toovey,Menzies,king and watmough who have been locals with no intention to leave.

Now in two years we have lost hoppa, oldfield and lussick.

Without wanting to start a generational debate - that is my experience with people that work for me. Gen-Y typically seek success (be it based on $ or job role etc) much faster than previous generations. Previously I would push people working for me to give 18-24 months, with this generation I am pushing for 8 to 12. Typically in business they jump from job to job and company to company at a faster rate.

I think this is what we are seeing with the younger crop. They want the success quickly and will go to where-ever they think they will achieve that next step

$ talks to this generation of players, it's how the world is these days. Can't blame them one bit TBH with the amount of $ being splashed around.

Jonesyv2 said:
$ talks to this generation of players, it's how the world is these days. Can't blame them one bit TBH with the amount of $ being splashed around.
Your right I also think some of these guys are being offered more cash because they are manly players and we have been the Nrls benchmark club.

Not being nasty but oldy hasn't proven himself as a nrl player and a few weeks ago was in Reggie's with whare, Jorge and wolf all in front of him.

I wonder if this rumour of Gutherson being fast tracked is true it would be a massive call.

I'm also interested to see what cheapies Dave Warwick will find, Jorge has been a surprise packet I wonder what else is out there.

Cameron said:
Your right I also think some of these guys are being offered more cash because they are manly players and we have been the Nrls benchmark club.

Not being nasty but oldy hasn't proven himself as a nrl player and a few weeks ago was in Reggie's with whare, Jorge and wolf all in front of him.

I wonder if this rumour of Gutherson being fast tracked is true it would be a massive call.

I'm also interested to see what cheapies Dave Warwick will find, Jorge has been a surprise packet I wonder what else is out there.

Exactly, even look at Evringham at Souths

I will not be getting my knickers in a twist at losing a couple of Fringe First grade wingers

Perrett no longer to be released to the Dogs early, so they may have to wait until next season to get him.

Anthony Mitchell also held up from heading to Townsville and the story indicates that there wasn't anything formal yet in negotiations.

Roosters look to be keeping what they've got in place for 2012.

Ryan said:
How are we in a position where we lose players like Oldfield, Whare, Hopoate, T Williams, JWH, Tasi, Lussick, Hodkinson (ok, that worked for us) and co. yet Dad's Army kept getting extensions?

I'm really not trying to buy into the Des factor here, but we CANNOT keep losing our youth, and extending our circa 30's.

Am I the only one that is seeing lethargy in our defence quite a few more times than normal this year? We are leaking more points. I think that's a constitution / endurance thing, and that wary's with age.EDIT: Not going into it any more. Just getting more and more frustrated. Better I take a leave of absense.

And 'youth' is the answer?!?!?!? Have you watched the NYC across all clubs? When was the last time you saw a massive defensive game from two teams, at that level?

Our issues are with structure and I dare say, youth. It is most definitely not a problem caused by older players.

We have DCE and Foran, and honestly they were the main priorities. We might lose a few fringe players but the core are good for at least two more seasons.

Need a really good front rower though, I hope we keep Ballin but I would cop losing him him for a TLL or a Ryan James Brenton Lawrence package deal.

Kite threw a a great pass last night and looked good in patches, I think we might have our rotation around the wrong way. Would prefer King starting with Lussick or Joe with Kite to come on with George at the twenty minute mark.

There will be players willing to sign with Manly in the years to come with DCE and Foran at the helm. You need to look at how injury and suspension riddled this year has been before you worry about losing a few blokes that apart from TRex were only on the fringes.

Ben Farrer has been a real loss that we probably don't recognise because he hasn't played top grade to be missed. He would bring some stability to the backline with Whare so that we could consign tafua and oldfield to fourth and fifth choice wingers like they are - which says something considering we lost both our first choice wingers last year!

Last season Foran / DCE were great. This season, apart from some rare games, they have been ordinary. Hopefully Foran improves, because he just looks like a lock atm, and very unfit.

I don't think you can put too much on the DCE / Foran combo Ryan, considering Foran has had injuries issues he is obviously not match fit. Also alot of pressure was on DCE to be the only play maker when Foran is there he is a completely different player.

Unfortunately injury / suspension has been the thorn in our side this year if we can get a consistent side on the field for a few weeks in a row we will go a long way. Last night we were close to it and if not for gift going down I think we would have.

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

I'm actually surprised we didnt make a play for Omar(warrior player) we'll have an outside back posi open next year

It's not all doom and gloom.

You guys still have the following backs:
Ben Falcone
Ben Shorter
Scott Blanch
Domenic Nasso
Trent Reilly
Jake Busby
Bevan De Vries

Do you rate any of them at all?

From that list (from what I've seen on Toyota Cup games boradcast or NSW Cup games on Foxtel) Falcone, Shorter, Nasso, Busby and De Vries I reckon have some potential.

Thoughts?

Thought...our Under 20's are running dead last and have won one game...simple as that!!

MrInvisible said:
It's not all doom and gloom.

You guys still have the following backs:
Ben Falcone
Ben Shorter
Scott Blanch
Domenic Nasso
Trent Reilly
Jake Busby
Bevan De Vries

Do you rate any of them at all?

From that list (from what I've seen on Toyota Cup games boradcast or NSW Cup games on Foxtel) Falcone, Shorter, Nasso, Busby and De Vries I reckon have some potential.

Thoughts?
How's your salary cap looking Mrs I?? Upgrading Kasiano, Trex, Inu and now Perrett Brothers. That's about 1.5mil worth of talent there champ, can't wait to see how you guys cook the books to stay under the cap. Will be watching with great interest.

the mauler said:
can't wait to see how you guys cook the books to stay under the cap. Will be watching with great interest.

I have no interest up until the ARLC announces a deduction of season points! :D

Great input Mauler

Mr I i have not seen much to be honest and would think they will try and grab a few cheap players form elsewhere

No one with a first name Bevan should ever be allowed to pull on the Maroon and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10