Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Wouldn't it be hilarious....2014.

"In shock Rugby League news NRL Club the Sydney Bulldogs have been stripped of their 2013 Premiership after it was found they had spent 1.25 million over their allowed salary cap. Bulldogs CEO Rodd Greenturd has been sacked following revelations he and coach Jesmond Dogsler colluded with player managers to have all their top players on not only two BUT THREE seperate contracts. It was also decided that unlike the previous time this happened, the runners up in 2013, the Manly Sea Eagles will be awarded the 2013 Premiership, which followed their fantastic wins in 2011 and also in 2012"

Now that would be SOME sort of headline!!

I love how everyone assumes the Bulldogs are fiddling the books, when they would be absolute bonkers to do so given their previous salary cap offences.

If you don't think that Ian Schubert hasn't already taken a close look at things, think again.

The key here is in something mentioned before.

The Bulldogs are without doubt the most successfully marketed club in the NRL, would have the most opportunities for players to be marketed by them to third parties.

A number of the Bulldogs new signings are being paid 3rd party endorsement/sponsorship deals, much like those that helped Manly secure Foran and DCE.

That offsets the cost of a assumed large hit on the salary cap, as long as they are approved by the NRL.

E.G Guys like Perrett and Inu are costing next to nothing this year as they had front loaded contracts. So effectively you get 2 1/2 years or 3 1/2 years from a player as their current club has already paid the majority of their contract for 2012 season.

That explains things a little more. Endorsement + Sponsorship Deals + Raise in the salary cap + very smart purchasing = Bulldogs 2013 lineup.

Won't take long for other clubs to catch on though, and there are only so many "good deals" you can get.

Roosters seem to have caught on with Oldfield if they can acheive a mid season release.

I believe all of that about as much as I believe Bellamy coaches his players to tackle opponents in a peaceful wholistic buddhist approach.

MrInvisible said:
I love how everyone assumes the Bulldogs are fiddling the books, when they would be absolute bonkers to do so given their previous salary cap offences.

If you don't think that Ian Schubert hasn't already taken a close look at things, think again.
it's called prior form
1995 that old cretin Peter Moore rorts the cap signing Rod Silva from easts and gloats about it the next year in RLW. That filthy sharleton took advantage of the super league like the crook he was.

2000-2002 Oasis scam systematic cheating of the cap.

Doesn't matter how many times Schubert lOoks at the books he's clue less.

The 3 big cap rorts of the nrl era were not found by schubert they were found by whistle blowers. Let's be honest we all know your CEO is deficient in the intergrity department.

Oh come now Mr I, I thought my story at least had some humour???

I think there's no doubt you guys are "on fire" at present BUT let me assure you with the Dogsler in charge it WILL catch up with you.

That's the biggest load of s*** iv ever heard. Manly have now lost 7
MrInvisible said:

The Bulldogs are without doubt the most successfully marketed club in the NRL, would have the most opportunities for players to be marketed by them to third parties.

A number of the Bulldogs new signings are being paid 3rd party endorsement/sponsorship deals, much like those that helped Manly secure Foran and DCE.

That offsets the cost of a assumed large hit on the salary cap, as long as they are approved by the NRL.

E.G Guys like Perrett and Inu are costing next to nothing this year as they had front loaded contracts. So effectively you get 2 1/2 years or 3 1/2 years from a player as their current club has already paid the majority of their contract for 2012 season.

That explains things a little more. Endorsement + Sponsorship Deals + Raise in the salary cap + very smart purchasing = Bulldogs 2013 lineup.

Won't take long for other clubs to catch on though, and there are only so many "good deals" you can get.

Roosters seem to have caught on with Oldfield if they can acheive a mid season release.

What a load of s*** Mrs I. We've already lost 7 players from our GF winning side to upgrade some of our players coming off contract. As it stands the Dogs havent let anyone go yet and have added atleast 1.5 mill worth of talent (and are still after more players if you believe some reports).

You can put as much spin as you want, the facts are your goin to have to let alot of players go at the end of the season. I suppose if anyone can do it that slimy p**** Greenturd can.

the mauler said:
That's the biggest load of s*** iv ever heard. Manly have now lost 7
MrInvisible said:

What a load of s*** Mrs I. We've already lost 7 players from our GF winning side to upgrade some of our players coming off contract. As it stands the Dogs havent let anyone go yet and have added atleast 1.5 mill worth of talent (and are still after more players if you believe some reports).

You can put as much spin as you want, the facts are your goin to have to let alot of players go at the end of the season. I suppose if anyone can do it that slimy p**** Greenturd can.
Your probably noticed mate that mr invisible is a liar and when he gets caught out like I have caught him out on a few occasions he quietly slips away and we don't hear from him for about 10 days then the slimey maggot just sneaks back on like nothing's happened.

Now that WAS funny Cam...yep I have noticed how he 'slips in' when we lose a game or a player, but then goes missing.

Whichever way you paint it I don't really care. I've just explained to you how it's done (all above board and NRL approved), but if you'd prefer to believe the fairytale that the Bulldogs are rorting the cap and just need a whistleblower to let the cap out of the bag, you are sadly delusional.

Which brings me to another point, why be so up in arms over the Bulldogs buying players. Isn't that something Manly should be doing about now?

As fans start asking questions as to why many of your players have wanted (and others still do want) to go elsewhere, why many remain unsigned and uncertain, why many have already jumped ship, and why others are un-marketable.

For board members that (supposidely) have support from fans, you have to start asking the question why very few players have signed the dotted line yet.

Start asking around and you'll find out soon enough (yes I'm being deliberately vague).

If anything all that should be a concern before worrying what other clubs are doing.

FWIW I hear the Roosters aren't done with just picking up Oldfield from Manly's backline, they are looking to move Mini to wing for 2013 and approach Manly for a replacement.

SOO story, apparently to delay talks.

MrInvisible said:
Whichever way you paint it I don't really care. I've just explained to you how it's done (all above board and NRL approved), but if you'd prefer to believe the fairytale that the Bulldogs are rorting the cap and just need a whistleblower to let the cap out of the bag, you are sadly delusional.

Which brings me to another point, why be so up in arms over the Bulldogs buying players. Isn't that something Manly should be doing about now?

As fans start asking questions as to why many of your players have wanted (and others still do want) to go elsewhere, why many remain unsigned and uncertain, why many have already jumped ship, and why others are un-marketable.

For board members that (supposidely) have support from fans, you have to start asking the question why very few players have signed the dotted line yet.

Start asking around and you'll find out soon enough (yes I'm being deliberately vague).

If anything all that should be a concern before worrying what other clubs are doing.

FWIW I hear the Roosters aren't done with just picking up Oldfield from Manly's backline, they are looking to move Mini to wing for 2013 and approach Manly for a replacement.

SOO story, apparently to delay talks.

So we should stop worrying about what other clubs are doing??? Lol, why are you on here and worried about what Manly are doing then???

Your a **** stirrer end of story. And Snake goin to Rorters, thanks for the scoop champ, that's old news. You'll disappear for a few weeks when he re-signs as only you can do. Heres hoping anyways.

With the likes of Turner, Goodwin, Kris Keating, David Stagg, Dene Halatau, Joel Romelo and Jonathan Wright among 14 players yet to be re-signed, Canterbury have plenty of room to move in their salary cap for next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-refuse-to-let-perrett-and-mitchell-fly-coop-to-join-rival-clubs-20120618-20kcb.html#ixzz1yDb2kr1N

========================

14 players, even if at bargain basement $100,000 each, that's still $1.4million free.

Turner, Goodwin, Keating, Stagg, would all easily be over that. Halatau might be retained yet. Romelo and Wright unsure where they'll end up, but with Inu, Perrett, Macdougall, Lafai, Morris, we have backups in the backline already.

RE: Mr Invisible comments - mate, I might be wrong, but regardless of "how the player is paid", eg: Warriors pay 250k of Inu's contract, Bulldogs pay 50k (for example, based on a 300k contract), the actual cap hit for The Bulldogs is still the same as it would have been for The Warriors - it's just the source of funds is different.

Like I say, this makes sense, but I don't know if it's how it works.

But I'm with you - Greenburg is pretty astute. I'm sure he'd be doing the right thing.

I just think Manly's predicament is that we have paid massively overs for some players, and it's costing us.

EDIT: And admit it mate, Manly are your second team ;) Hehehehe

MrInvisible said:
With the likes of Turner, Goodwin, Kris Keating, David Stagg, Dene Halatau, Joel Romelo and Jonathan Wright among 14 players yet to be re-signed, Canterbury have plenty of room to move in their salary cap for next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-refuse-to-let-perrett-and-mitchell-fly-coop-to-join-rival-clubs-20120618-20kcb.html#ixzz1yDb2kr1N

========================

14 players, even if at bargain basement $100,000 each, that's still $1.4million free.

Turner, Goodwin, Keating, Stagg, would all easily be over that. Halatau might be retained yet. Romelo and Wright unsure where they'll end up, but with Inu, Perrett, Macdougall, Lafai, Morris, we have backups in the backline already.

You still need to replace those 14 players to have 25 in the squad. You're letting go of scrubs and signing decent players.

I wouldn't have a clue what your Cap situation looks like, but your argument above doesn't fly.

T-Rex: Warrior or Wimp?
7:30pm - 8:30pm

T Rex: Warrior Or Wimp?
Classified:pGGenre:DocumentaryRepeat
This program looks at T-Rex's reputation and puts forward the theory that this beast from the past was in fact a slow lumbering creature that couldn't get anywhere close to catching a triceratops.

Found the above on the Yahoo TV guide. Thought it was funny. The bulldogs can have him. He can't even catch a triceratops and next year he'll get nowhere near the Snake.

Volley said:
MrInvisible said:

========================

You still need to replace those 14 players to have 25 in the squad. You're letting go of scrubs and signing decent players.

I wouldn't have a clue what your Cap situation looks like, but your argument above doesn't fly.
[/

Agree 100%. I can't wait for Mrs I's response. Bet there isn't one. Lol

Gibbsy on 2ue just gave a massive hint that roy assitassi will be at manly in 2013 and said he would be welcoming him here....take that as you will.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10