Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MWSE said:
Anything concrete about the Kite to tigs? Must be wanting one of the young props to step up/George play more minutes!

It is salary cap related.

Another player in the top 25 is being encouraged / induced to leave also.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
MWSE said:
Anything concrete about the Kite to tigs? Must be wanting one of the young props to step up/George play more minutes!

I think it's more than one.

We are going to be a tad short of forwards next year if kitey heads to the tigers. How can we be losing players just after the salray cap was increased ?

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
MWSE said:

Rose I'm betting ...

might just be a case of ok ,your been good to us but this is the way things are we have a couple of kids coming on and at the end of next year when your contract is up we cant give you what your worth , but where willing to let you go a year early if you can pick up a contract in the nrl , long service , clubs way off saying you have done the right thing by us , we wont stand in your way of making money in the end of your career with us

Having signed a four-year deal with Canterbury, Williams is well aware this could be his final game as a Sea Eagle.

Darcy Lussick (Eels) and Dean Whare (Panthers) confront the same scenario, while it appears either Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao, Vic Mauro or George Rose could be forced elsewhere to accommodate the 2013 salary cap.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-wrecking-ball-tony-williams-has-a-point-to-prove/story-e6frexnr-1226472105878

THE mail is getting stronger that Brent Kite will leave Manly after this season for Wests Tigers. The Sea Eagles are battling salary cap issues.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-touch-judge-jeff-younis-back-in-the-public-eye-following-another-clanger/story-e6frexnr-1226472125901

Read that the tigers are trying to offload Beau Ryan. He would be a handy pick up for us I think! Take over wolfies spot, provide cover in the centres and at fullback and is solid under the high ball.

MWSE said:
Read that the tigers are trying to offload Beau Ryan. He would be a handy pick up for us I think! Take over wolfies spot, provide cover in the centres and at fullback and is solid under the high ball.

Funny how they are punting Ryan And Chris Heineken, outside Marshall and Farah I would of said they were their best players in 2012.

No thanks, don't want him. Has gone well this year but if he's that good why would the Tigers cut him? Cutting their ex Sharkies hasn't worked and I'm sure they have learnt from that. Kite is a different story as we are over the cap (paper talk)

So he has gone good this year yet you still have a dig at his ability ? Strange
You love saying if they were any good why would they cut him, look at Perrett and Inu at the Dogs, both cut and both going great guns

The reason the Tigers are looking to offload players is the same as us, salary cap. They must have some people on crazy money. Blair 500k for example

But not matai, lyon, jorge, wolfie good. We need forwards looking for a chance. We have signed some real top kids and looking at Jorge, may offer us a cheaper option to work for us. Ryan, like many players are obviously good players (to make NRL) but don't think he's our type of player. We have Gagan, Hiku, Farrar (hmmm) all as back ups. Gutherson is still a year or two away. Our front row could be King, Rose and Mauro and that's a concern.

Didn't say I wanted us to sign him, just writing him off as an average plodder was crazy

Don't forget Fa'aoso and Galuvao in your front row with Sao and Cunningham behind them

WESTS Tigers are preparing to undergo a player shake-up in the wake of missing the finals, with long-serving lock Chris Heighington poised to shift to Cronulla next season.

In a move guaranteed to create major internal ructions, Heighington - who is still under contract for 2013 - is close to finalising a three-year deal in the Shire to join former Tigers teammates Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Fifita and John Morris as early as November.

Footy Show funnyman Beau Ryan is also being shopped around to rival clubs as the Tigers consider tapping a number of contracted players on the shoulder. Coach Tim Sheens denied any deals had been done, but he admitted "there are some things that are going to happen that might make a few people unhappy".

"There's no doubt that we've got to do something in our recruitment area. We're looking to improve our depth rather than our main roster," Sheens said.

"There are some things that are going to happen that might make a few people unhappy.

Beau Ryan
Beau Ryan may be looking for a new club in 2013 despite his recent contract extension. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

"But we've got to make some changes. I'm not going to say we have to turn everything upside down.

"That doesn't mean everything is wrong. We've got to analyse everything. What was done right, we stick to - what wasn't, we change.

"Every club prior to the team that runs second will do that this year."

Sheens and the Tigers were forced to endure major internal waves midway through last season when the club was looking to offload popular players Heighington, Ryan, Liam Fulton and Gibbs.

Ultimately, Gibbs and prop Andrew Fifita were squeezed out in a move that threatened to derail the club's 2011 title aspirations.

Gibbs had only just signed a three-year extension before he was released, a position Ryan finds himself in after the outside back recently negotiated a new deal with chief executive Stephen Humphreys.

Dual international Lote Tuqiri, currently off-contract, is also expected to struggle to secure a new deal.

The Sunday Telegraph understands Manly prop Brent Kite heads a list of players the Tigers are in negotiations with in a bid to bolster a roster as touted premiership favourites in March.

Braith Anasta, Eddy Pettybourne and Bodene Thompson will all join the club over the off-season to offset the departure of English international Ellis.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told Heighington is fuming at the latest move to squeeze him out.

"Chris has been a great servant to this club but we're not looking past next year at this point," Sheens said.

"I'm not saying we won't re-sign him, but at this point we're not looking to extend that contract.

"Our main priority would be Robbie Farah and possibly big Keith Galloway, who both have one year to go. Liam Fulton is another one."

Sheens wants Royce Simmons to return to the Tigers as an assistant next season but was adamant that it would not cost any of his other support staff at the club - Steve Georgallis, Bryan Hyder, Grant Jones or Warren McDonnell - a job.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-veteran-chris-heighington-off-to-cronulla-sharks-in-player-cleanout/story-fndujljl-1226474796131

True, let's hope Fa'aoso can come good. Joe is a warrior. If Tooves looks after him well he can keep up his form. I bet he struggles to play each week (injuries) but he just leads the boys so well. Sao and Cunningham! Had big hopes for Cunningham and hoping they gave him loads of lower grade stuff to toughen him up. He's a big kid. Sao has gone great in Toyota cup and maybe he can step up!!

I think the club has done real well juggling huge contracts like lyon, brett, dce, foran, choc, glenn and kept us in the top few the past couple of years! Chee Kam has the potential to play nrl next year too (come into 2nd row)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Beau Ryan agreed to terms with Sharks, 3 year deal

If that's true it is a good signing by the Skarks, who will challenge for the top four next season. Apart from Ryan being a very good player (anyone who doubts this doesn't have much idea imo) Ryan brings a high profile to his club with his television appearances. That means more people though the gate.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we'll be able to afford sign anyone other than 'no-names'. That doesn't mean they won't turn out to be successful... think DCE, Taufua, Foran etc.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Beau Ryan agreed to terms with Sharks, 3 year deal

I got the joy of passing this one to one of the girls in the office who is a Tigpies fan, she looked like she was almost going to shed a tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8