[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sidebar: has Manly’s salary cap infraction c.2016, ever been satisfactorily explained?

Something not keeping third party deals at arm’s length?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I still have not seen anything that went anywhere near explaining exactly what went wrong. If anyone can explain why we lost all that cap money coz of a 3rd party illegality, that would be great.

Are we at the point where we should have a @Woodsie type poll nominating the day Hasler will go?

I'm thinking after Penn's bloodbath yesterday it has to be by week's end, if not today even.
Then again, Penn plays by the Rich Kid Arsehole playbook, not the regular one.

Are we at the point where we should have a @Woodsie type poll nominating the day Hasler will go?

I'm thinking after Penn's bloodbath yesterday it has to be by week's end, if not today even.
Then again, Penn plays by the Rich Kid Arsehole playbook, not the regular one.

What I don't get is ... if he is prepared to say the shiite he did ... why doesn't he have the balls to sack Dessie ... if he seriously thinks Dessie is going to walk without a cheque .... he is dumber than we all thought ...

I may be wrong but my understanding is that they can be offered by a 3rd party but you can not actively seek them and they can only fund the club as a whole - not relate to retaining a certain player(s)...

Absolute fairy at the bottom of the garden BS...
Am I just being a blinkered Manly supporter to say that that seems just a tad difficult to police and that maybe we were used as an example??

Imagine if Des stays for 23’ and we had a successful season

Would be a chef’s kiss :party:

Love it. He’s a fighter until the end. Certainly a trait our players could learn!

Penn probably will sack Des now though; largely out of fear of us having a good 23’ season.

But really all Penn needs to do now is say OK and **** off back to the USA again until next year (or at least until the next crisis he causes comes to a head)

Imagine if Des stays for 23’ and we had a successful season

Would be a chef’s kiss :party:

Love it. He’s a fighter until the end. Certainly a trait our players could learn!

Penn probably will sack Des now though; largely out of fear of us having a good 23’ season.

But really all Penn needs to do now is say OK and **** off back to the USA again until next year (or at least until the next crisis he causes comes to a head)
I think Penn would do just about anything to win a comp. Not a fan but think he is smart enough to take advantage of a backs to the wall Des.

Last edited:
I can't get my head around Dessie ending his career on a 0-7 run with minimal payout. Turn up and pocket $900K or walk away with $450K and a better end of career record.

Seibold would be a good assistant at least and be an improve on Randall and Cartwright.

Really hope it is true. Gives Des a chance to demonstrate if he should have been retained. It also speaks to other clubs who may consider hiring him. The sensible move, if that's what he has decided.
I don't know about sensible, but the comedy value would be priceless.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11