[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mods: Can we change the title to "BRING BACK HASLER!!" please...?

I have watched this thread grow from an alcohol-fuelled rant 2 years ago about Albert Hopoate being loaned to the Warriors into a fully-fledged venting space where the showdown between Penn and Des has been passionately discussed from a plethora of viewpoints and with varying degrees of fact and tact...

After the Tommy Turbo run last year I had almost given up on my little thread - only to see it rise again like the great phoenix when rainbow gate hit...

I don't want my baby to die.... lol

I must ask... does anyone else now REALLY wish the club had chased Fitzy as suggested in post 1...?

Last edited:
I want to say a few things

Des thank you for your service the second time around even if I didn't agree with your appointment and was in the sack des group.

Des's sacking is on par with 2V's one and we have effectively punted 2 club legends in under 10 years. The way both sackings happened just wasnt the right way to go about things.

No members email about this had to learn news from other sources shows how the club feels towards us.

Will be fascinating to see how our membership numbers become in 2023.

I will still become one in 2023 but are deeply hurt by this whole year.

We are now I think taken over the tigers as the biggest laughing stock in the NRL today judging by all the sms I have got from friends today.

Last edited:
Memories I’ll hold onto from this tenure will be the Week 1 win in the finals against the Sharks when half the side was out, and obviously the run of 2021. That was one of the more enjoyable years of Manly I have watched, and while he played a large part in it, those that say it had nothing to do with the coaching and was only down to Tom are well off the mark

This season wasn’t great, but hell, all I have heard is how Manly can’t win without Tom. We were sitting in the 8 when he had missed the majority of the season, and many things conspired for the crap end to proceedings.

Hopefully he grabs a motza from Penn

Having Hasler back brought back past champions like Snake, Ballin, Monaghan, and Cleal in the coaching department. And let's not forget that Gifty and Watmough have been seen around frequently since Hasler came back since the last mob burnt that bridge and that includes Penny boy.
With all due respect to each of those legends, their reappearance has hardly changed our position on the table, the simple fact is that we were coached to a 2011 standard and the game has moved on, nothing would have been any different in 2023 otherwise we'd have seen some change over the past four years

Memories I’ll hold onto from this tenure will be the Week 1 win in the finals against the Sharks when half the side was out, and obviously the run of 2021. That was one of the more enjoyable years of Manly I have watched, and while he played a large part in it, those that say it had nothing to do with the coaching and was only down to Tom are well off the mark

This season wasn’t great, but hell, all I have heard is how Manly can’t win without Tom. We were sitting in the 8 when he had missed the majority of the season, and many things conspired for the crap end to proceedings.

Hopefully he grabs a motza from Penn
It comes down to perspective I guess @Kiwi Eagle...
My memories from Des 2.0 will always be of a coach that religiously picked the same starters regardless of form and the fadeout of 2020 (lost 8 of the last 9 games) and 2022 (lost 8 of the last 10 games and last 7 straight)...
For mine, 2021 run was ALL about Tom and that is highlighted by our ongoing impotence when he is not in the side - sure, we were hovering around the 8 this year but we we played sh*t sides mostly with our wins against the Storm and raiders our only top 8 wins...

I loved Des as a player and Des 1.0 has claims to being Manly's best coach - but for mine, Des 2.0 was a failure that was only made to look half decent because of the Barrett experience...

Congratulations you are the Winner of the bet. Wow I am dizzy from all the twists and turns. Please let me know how you would like to proceed with payment. Btw you can PM me your PayPal details etc.,,
Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for us from here…

I think we will run with your idea of a donation to Help support Women’s Rugby League on the Northern Beaches
At least this will be something positive to come out of this unedifying mess.

It comes down to perspective I guess @Kiwi Eagle...
My memories from Des 2.0 will always be of a coach that religiously picked the same starters regardless of form and the fadeout of 2020 (lost 8 of the last 9 games) and 2022 (lost 8 of the last 10 games and last 7 straight)...
For mine, 2021 run was ALL about Tom and that is highlighted by our ongoing impotence when he is not in the side - sure, we were hovering around the 8 this year but we we played sh*t sides mostly with our wins against the Storm and raiders our only top 8 wins...

I loved Des as a player and Des 1.0 has claims to being Manly's best coach - but for mine, Des 2.0 was a failure that was only made to look half decent because of the Barrett experience...
Without getting into too big a debate on it, the whole without Tom thing, there was a period last year and the start of this year, where we won 7 out of 8 without him playing. The first 4 games last season, we had up to 10 players from our top 30 unavailable, and the end of this season we were up around 10-12 again, while it was Tom and a handful of others, we were still in the finals hunt. When it was Tom and plenty more, it was game over

That’s why I say there is more to the side than just Tom

Without getting into too big a debate on it, the whole without Tom thing, there was a period last year and the start of this year, where we won 7 out of 8 without him playing. The first 4 games last season, we had up to 10 players from our top 30 unavailable, and the end of this season we were up around 10-12 again, while it was Tom and a handful of others, we were still in the finals hunt. When it was Tom and plenty more, it was game over

That’s why I say there is more to the side than just Tom
We really need a 'fair enough' emoticon coz I don't agree but you make a decent case...
I believe that our form this year was masked by a favourable draw after R2 (we got spanked rounds 1 and 2 by Riff and rorters) and there is no excuse (including injuries) that explains those fade-outs in 20 and 22... to me it is a sure sign that this team has no resilience and that is on Des and his team...

Anyways, what is done is done and hopefully Siebold 2.0 is a miracle worker... because he will damn well need to be...

I think we will run with your idea of a donation to Help support Women’s Rugby League on the Northern Beaches
At least this will be something positive to come out of this unedifying mess.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING TO A HEALTHIER AND SPORTIER AUSTRALIA.​

apOhg7FKmLYCgYjlg-Q40s0YAmEmDGBscEz7vXwizh_XAEe-fYEmiigGSkHF8nQ3uxtpP8CzVjb3IX4sDWCYs-L72o-mJZeCkRAMc15h6PZIDJSRV9xHFDKGTtNCQ3g=s0-d-e1-ft
Your donation to the Australian Sports Foundation is being processed, below you will find the details:
apOhg7FKmLYCgYjlg-Q40s0YAmEmDGBscEz7vXwizh_XAEe-fYEmiigGSkHF8nQ3uxtpP8CzVjb3IX4sDWCYs-L72o-mJZeCkRAMc15h6PZIDJSRV9xHFDKGTtNCQ3g=s0-d-e1-ft
Your donation preference: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited Women’s Rugby League on the Northern Beaches
Amount: $20.20
Donation Ref: DON-220304

With all due respect to each of those legends, their reappearance has hardly changed our position on the table, the simple fact is that we were coached to a 2011 standard and the game has moved on, nothing would have been any different in 2023 otherwise we'd have seen some change over the past four years
I agree regarding the coaching standards but getting some previous Manly legends involved when majority had issues with the club was massive for us supporters.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING TO A HEALTHIER AND SPORTIER AUSTRALIA.​

Your donation to the Australian Sports Foundation is being processed, below you will find the details:
Your donation preference: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited Women’s Rugby League on the Northern Beaches

Well played @Red Pill , you're a bloody good man.

Not sure I can process how you lost the bet but somehow still came out a winner RP....

...well done...

Top 4 and one game away from a GF in 2021 to Rainbow gate and 7 losses in a row to end 2022. The football gods can be cruel sometimes....I'll miss you Des, you have been Manly through and through, and wish you all the best for the future.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8