Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tuilagi has been bad!
Overall roster not ready for this level. Hasler, Barrett seilbold does not matter.
Time to reshape alot tuilagi, aloiai both pretenders 2nd tier recruits.
The fulton thing out west can it not getting enough out of it. Bring in Seilbold bloke to take over recruitment long term

Overall roster not ready for this level. Hasler, Barrett seilbold does not matter.
All fair points… this is the same group of weak pr*cks that turned their toes up for the last 7 rounds last year and the powers that be at Manly rewarded them all with extensions… so hang on because we are in for a long, frustrating ride…

I don’t care how good Seibold is because Gandalf the Grey could not conjure a premiership out of this weak bunch…

Best call I saw this week is someone posting that “Penrith are not the side they were” and they would not make the 8…

LOL…Imagine if we were as far away from winning the next premiership as the Riff are… no wonder Brett Stewart needs nose candy to get him through…

All fair points… this is the same group of weak pr*cks that turned their toes up for the last 7 rounds last year and the powers that be at Manly rewarded them all with extensions… so hang on because we are in for a long, frustrating ride…

I don’t care how good Seibold is because Gandalf the Grey could not conjure a premiership out of this weak bunch…

Best call I saw this week is someone posting that “Penrith are not the side they were” and they would not make the 8…

LOL…Imagine if we were as far away from winning the next premiership as the Riff are… no wonder Brett Stewart needs nose candy to get him through…
There pea hearts.
Let's be honest a couple of decent games against medicre talent and there putting hands out for money.
Aloiai not afb but his manager sold us ****. Tuilagi dud.
While there this selfish attitude we end up with park footballers at player 18 or 19 on roster.
I have no issue in losing to them but get walked over and not having a crack is not what our club is about.
There is an issue in this roster and owners nor coaches will fix it.

Agree. It's amazing that we had players having a meltdown over a jersey last season to the point of sitting out a game and derailing the rest of the season... and yep... we rewarded them with extensions. We are getting exactly what we deserve. We are so far from Melbourne and their insistence on signing players based on character to work in the system over any other BS hype.

He is the assistant coach. We look infinitely better in attack than defence
I disagree. We look worse than under Des at the moment(and apprently he was a terrible coach). It's a fickle game and in a few weeks we may be world beaters scoring 50 but all our shape is gone.
Even last year without turbo innthe middle of the year we had more shape and attack than at the moment.

We had a close to our best side on the field last night ( so no excuses) and were completely and utterly outplayed. It was like men vs boys in the first half. It appeared nothing much had changed from last year.

They need to watch the Raiders v Broncos game 1 v 16 and see what playing with heart is all about.
Yeah but 7 days ago Penrith put 50 on the raiders so I can't slip down that pole without fealing really dirty. Their fans were calling for blood all week just as we are.

The fulton thing out west can it not getting enough out of it. Bring in Seilbold bloke to take over recruitment long term
Well given Seibold will select Tuilagi next week im not so sure he's the man for recruitment. From what I understand Seibold is here purely to improve the defence :0

Last edited by a moderator:
Well given Seibold will select Tuilagi next week im not so sure he's the man for recruitment. From what I understand Seibold is here to improve the defence :0
Similar to Hasler roster last year. Neither could he .....
It's not coaching it's lack of talent ....Morgan Harper not an nrl player of any level and is that bad he should not make a 30 man roster.
Siging pea hearts like Tuilagi, Aloiai. Look where they have come from ???
Scott fulton runs recruitment.

We have to many ****e players in our team that would not make bench of most other teams, yet week in week out we continue to pick them and reward them with contract extensions. Lucky for the Tigers otherwise the spoon would be ours.
Time to have hard discussions with DCE and Turbo as they are no longer $1 mil plus players.
Looks very very ugly!

Similar to Hasler roster last year. Neither could he .....
It's not coaching it's lack of talent ....Morgan Harper not an nrl player of any level and is that bad he should not make a 30 man roster.
Siging pea hearts like Tuilagi, Aloiai. Look where they have come from ???
Scott fulton runs recruitment.
Yeah I totally agree with that. The coach copping the blame for last season was a huge get out card for the players + recruitment. I had an embarrassing number of rants on here at the time but it wasn't neccessarily cause we had the messiah as coach (although I do think we had a good one), it was that I couldn't see any other coach in the NRL do a better job given the circumstances. Eg. how rudderless and weak the storm were without Munster this year. Even Wayne Bennett at least has the old storm forward pack motoring the dolphins team.

For mine it comes down to passion in the playing group, and recruitment (or in better terms; 'removal of weak links').

But Penn/Fulton seem to back the playing group very (very) heavily. As a result Penn threw in some new variables by completely swapping out the coaching dept, rather than the initial succession plan that was touted some years ago and late in the piece last year.

Now it's more murky. Is the new coaching department contributing anything positive? Does Seibold tend to overcomplicate his teams' defencive structures, or is it not complicated enough? Is the squad not passionate/stale, hence the decline in resilience/effort over the last year? There's a lot of extra variables at play now that will make it tougher to fix the issues we had/have. (Still early season though, so im writing this on the assumption things continue to trend as they are)

One things' for sure is that with trbo hampered we are lacking an ultra-competitive player. The team doesn't look excited to play, and has lost all sense of a killer instinct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I totally agree with that. The coach copping the blame for last season was a huge get out card for the players + recruitment. I had an embarrassing number of rants on here at the time but it wasn't neccessarily cause we had the messiah as coach (although I do think we had a good one), it was that I couldn't see any other coach in the NRL do a better job given the circumstances. Eg. how rudderless and weak the storm were without Munster this year. Even Wayne Bennett at least has the old storm forward pack motoring the dolphins team.

For mine it comes down to passion in the playing group, and recruitment (or in better terms; 'removal of weak links').

But Penn/Fulton seem to back the playing group very (very) heavily. As a result Penn threw in some new variables by completely swapping out the coaching dept, rather than the initial succession plan that was touted some years ago and late in the piece last year.

Now it's more murky. Is the new coaching department contributing anything positive? Does Seibold tend to overcomplicate his teams' defencive structures, or is it not complicated enough? Is the squad not passionate/stale, hence the decline in resilience/effort over the last year? There's a lot of extra variables at play now that will make it tougher to fix the issues we had/have. (Still early season though, so im writing this on the assumption things continue to trend as they are)

One things' for sure is that with trbo hampered we are lacking an ultra-competitive player. The team doesn't look excited to play, and has lost all sense of a killer instinct.
Yeah all those agree with.
Seibold can be a complete 9 ball from what I have heard. Needs to talk simple.
Recruitment needs an overhaul in past 4 seasons we let quality of Taupau, Afb, Joel Thompson, Api, dylan walker, Foz and even Brian Kelly go and replaced them essentially with tuilagi , Harper and Aloiai externally and then promoted internally Josh schuster and Olakau’atu and still have a 6 playing hooker.

We have to many ****e players in our team that would not make bench of most other teams, yet week in week out we continue to pick them and reward them with contract extensions. Lucky for the Tigers otherwise the spoon would be ours.
Time to have hard discussions with DCE and Turbo as they are no longer $1 mil plus players.
Looks very very ugly!
The Tigers are the manly feeder club!

I like Seibs & his coaching crew, he seems reasonable & calls it as it is.
I think he's aware of the roster & has an idea of where Manly will finish at year end. (sadly it's not holding the trophy).
He gives the young guys a chance with their careers.
But, the big picture is still that, the team plays great when Tom plays great!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8