Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
What’s wrong with Talau & Brooks?
Whats wrong with Manly Winning ?

This is the moral of the story just in case you missed it feathered friend
WHAT DO WE ALL WANT ?
WE ALL WANT MANLY WINNING PREMIERSHIPS
WHEN DO WE WANT THIS ?
WE WANT IT NOW !
2011 is our recorded longest premiership Wining drought in between premiership wins
Our clubs is regressing and breaking unwanted records .
Passionate and Proud Manly People would like to see change for the better
We all want to see a Winning Change
1716439390923.png

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Seibold has the team competitive in every game this year at least.

Losses by 1,2,4,6 & 8 pts. No blowouts, and the only game we never looked like winning against St George came off the back of our Tier-1 blokes having a shocker, and luckily St George weren't good enough to torch us worse than they did.

Not saying I endorse an extension without question, but I'm also not thinking we need to burn the place to the ground and rebuild from the scorched earth. Seibold said last year that we were a tough team to beat, and we are still. We just beat ourselves too easily at times.

It's not lost on me that we ARE getting beat though in games we had built enough in to win. The Broncs game last week showed a better menality from the team - if we can get our usual fast start combined with the grit of the back-end of the Broncs game then we will turn it around.

Also it seems odd that Seibold picks his time to negotiate an extension just after a 3-loss run - get some wins strung together mate starting with the Storm and you probably will have an easier time
stating your case maybe?

Just my
1716439526744.png

Attachments

• 1716439588907.png
    1716439588907.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 2

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
As Much as I will always Respect Des as a Manly Legend
I will never support him or any Manly person for Manly underperformances
Des was declining when he got the sack at the Dogs when he was hired at Manly
At Manly his teams performance were inconsistent his team selections were puzzling and his game plans were predictable and unsuitable to the modern era

Now we can all come up with all the excuses why Des in his second coming was not successful at Manly
But the Fact is Nothing Great has ever come from excuses and Des was not Great in his second coming at Manly

The old adage that applies is that respect is earned not bestowed. here's been a lot of negative stuff on certain players such as Turbo, DCE, Croker etc. They aren't the problem. In fact they have held Manly together in a sense. To me its the structural issues especially regarding defense and that's a coach's responsibility. I was pleased when Brown and Lodge came to Manly because they added much needed grunt. But grunt is useless if the defensive structure is not addressed. This side should be wiping the floor with some of the teams they are playing with the personnel they have. They are like the rabbit and the hare story. Rushing out, looking a winner and then falling asleep while the tortoise passes by through steady mistake free determination.. Not rocket science as they say. Its about holding the fort, standing one's ground, covering all defensive areas. Its not happening

The Who

Journey Man
Why dont we get Ben and Shane Walker see how they go
Many may scoff at this suggestion, but the brothers led the way in tactics. They were the ones that spearheaded short kick-offs and short drop-outs, as well as off-loading as much as possible. After winning a comp at their first attempt they were never given a chance at NRL level, yet the game plan they pioneered is in vogue today.
I'd like to see if they could succeed at NRL level, and I have always believed that Manly's DNA of attacking football would suit the brothers' approach.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Real forum, Real people, Real Passionate Views
For the ones that are reading the posts on this forum . What you see is what we feel as Manly Passionate people
Leaders in every organisation either Inspire or Dispirit their people
This is the affect our Head coach is having on us
Enjoy your time on Silvertails and your posts and your read

double hoops

First Grader
Was definitely some things to like last week.

Just need to own the big moments this week.

Players second guessing to run or kick, positioning on the last a little shallow, allowed things to really go to ****.

Back your first decision and own it this week.

Let's bloody do this.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
. In fact they have held Manly together in a sense. To me its the structural issues especially regarding defense and that's a coach's responsibility.
Responsibility and Accountability starts at the top with the Head coach

Leaders that pass the buck are not worth a buck

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The old adage that applies is that respect is earned not bestowed. here's been a lot of negative stuff on certain players such as Turbo, DCE, Croker etc. They aren't the problem. In fact they have held Manly together in a sense. To me its the structural issues especially regarding defense and that's a coach's responsibility. I was pleased when Brown and Lodge came to Manly because they added much needed grunt. But grunt is useless if the defensive structure is not addressed. This side should be wiping the floor with some of the teams they are playing with the personnel they have. They are like the rabbit and the hare story. Rushing out, looking a winner and then falling asleep while the tortoise passes by through steady mistake free determination.. Not rocket science as they say. Its about holding the fort, standing one's ground, covering all defensive areas. Its not happening
Defence is about team unity on and off the field, a belief in a system and common goal and a desire to really play for eachother, the team I see glimpses on game day but i see a team of individuals going about there business, and when new players join the team the slowly adapt

Defence is about being a scrooge yet we splurge like drunken sailors with the ball after long periods of fatigue
It wont add up

The public roasting of schuster last year was not team mentality regardless of his condition physical or mental. Really uncool

XV-1

First Grader
Yep Moses/Seibold, the tag team who has delivered us Woods, Condon, Lodge, Johns, Talau , Brooks and probably more I've forgotten.

So pleased the club hasn't fallen for Seibolds games. Blokes done zero to earn another contract.... who'd even offer him a job at the moment so where's the risk of letting it slide for a while.

Hats off to whoever made this decision not to be pressured by this bloke.

Yet the Wests player that really could have made a difference Isaiah Papali'i signs with Penrith.
Penrith are astute and Seibs plain dumb.

XV-1

First Grader
NRL news: Contract negotiations between Anthony Seibold and the Sea Eagles break down

Contract talks between Manly and Anthony Seibold are ‘on hold’ with the struggling Sea Eagles refusing to be rushed into any extension for the under-fire coach.

by Phil "Hold My Beer" Rothfield

The future of Manly Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold is in doubt at Brookvale after a breakdown in negotiations over a new contract.

Seibold is under contract until the end of next season and was in talks for an extension.

However the situation has changed after Manly has lost its last three games and there is talk Seibold walked out of a meeting with the club management on Thursday morning.

“It’s a results driven business and we won’t be rushed,” said one Manly source.

Seibold and his manager Isaac Moses had been in talks with the Sea Eagles for several weeks.

This masthead understands those discussions have now been put on hold.

It is a difficult one for Manly CEO Tony Mestrov because he is so close to Seibold.

“I don’t think it’s an issue because Anthony is under contract for another 12 months,” Mestrov said.

“We will continue to have discussions with his agent at the appropriate time.”

After looking like a top-four contender earlier in the season, Manly has stumbled in recent weeks.

They have lost to the Broncos, Dolphins and Raiders in the last three weeks.

It has been a hugely turbulent period for head coaches in recent weeks following the sackings of Jason Demetriou and Brad Arthur.

This masthead has reached out to Seibold and agent Moses for comment.

We revealed a month ago that Seibold and Manly officials had an agreement to negotiate a new deal after Round 10.

Manly missed out on the finals last year and are now running 10th on the ladder, hence the decision to hold fire on contract extension talks.

Do coaches have a cooling off period.

Steal Bennett from under Souths noses 😃

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
In what world has he done enough to merit a discussion? My guess is that was, as others have already said, a standard meeting booked in to start discussions

The Royal Soup

First Grader
The Greatest Leaders in the History of the World have been Ruthless Leaders

Our Greatest Leader of our Legendary club was our Ruthless Premiership Winning God Father
Who Only Surrounded him self with Hand picked Winners and this is why We have been most successful under his watch
Losers Never Lasted Long Under Arko .

Arko is the Man
View attachment 27115

Well said my brother!

I have SeaBold a chance but enough is enough, he talked it up all last year, talked it up even more in the off season “the manly way”

spare me!

Zero improvement

same soft pea heart defence

rudderless attack

we need someone to come in and coach , not be a PR man

Ryan

Journey Man
There is nothing wrong with Talau or Brooks. Talau, Brooks & Brown have been great signings. Brooks & DCE combination will take time, Talau has been our best back & Brown gives us the intimidation we need!

5 wins, 11 games (12 after Storm). One of the worst defensive records in the league. On a sharp trajectory south down the ladder. 3 straight losses. Yep, our new buys are great. Certainly lifted us from our 10th placed finish last season .

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
You would think a coach in his position where the team has been losing and sliding down the ladder, would hold off negotiations/extensions and focus on getting the team back in the winning ways, rather than be thinking of themselves and their future. I find it selfish and that he has no care for his players, club or supporters. I understand coaching is difficult and yes he wants to secure his future, but wouldn't one think that if the team is winning and climbing the ladder, one would have a better bargaining power? Pull your head in Seibs and start focusing all your energy on getting this team back to winning, then sit down with the club and negotiate away.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15