Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if Greenburg has bitten off more than he can chew here? It probably wont take much digging to uncover some of his previous dealings from his time at the Bulldogs, through his reign as NRL boss. If he is not careful, his ego may blind him into tripping up, and focus the attention back on him, especially if our legal team can show this has been a witch hunt, a blatant and bias ego driven goal to disadvantage our great club.

I wonder if Greenburg has bitten off more than he can chew here? It probably wont take much digging to uncover some of his previous dealings from his time at the Bulldogs, through his reign as NRL boss. If he is not careful, his ego may blind him into tripping up, and focus the attention back on him, especially if our legal team can show this has been a witch hunt, a blatant and bias ego driven goal to disadvantage our great club.

I agree BUT it’s dangerous territory, and I wonder if it’s not better to let it go through to the keeper, especially with a minor fine and no loss of points.

Because I bet if they start attacking him the response will be a threat, continue this and play for no points in 2018.

So, the obvious conclusion I draw from this article is Adrian Proszenko is a world class wanker.
And no doubt a Dragons supporter :rolleyes:

If the shoe was on the other foot and Manly missed the finals, would anything be said :shake: Case in point being the '07 GF as @HappilyManly said, which is conveniently ignored :mad:

I agree BUT it’s dangerous territory, and I wonder if it’s not better to let it go through to the keeper, especially with a minor fine and no loss of points.

Because I bet if they start attacking him the response will be a threat, continue this and play for no points in 2018.

You know what? It’s at the point where I’d be prepared to sacrifice a season in order to bring that corrupt, greasy, little megalomaniac narcissist down once and for all.

Think about it - allow him to bend you over a barrel again, he’s just going to keep on doing it. Someone needs to have the intestinal fortitude to do whatever it takes to expose Greenberg and get the broom put through NRL HQ - or we’re just going to continue putting up with this biased BS year after year after year - until he moves on and is replaced by whatever lackey he’s trained as his successor.

And no doubt a Dragons supporter :rolleyes:

If the shoe was on the other foot and Manly missed the finals, would anything be said :shake: Case in point being the '07 GF as @HappilyManly said, which is conveniently ignored :mad:
Maloney let the TPA catout of the bag when the Riff sourced Keno Moylan deal was reported.:cool:

So Manly, who was cap compliant in 2017, lost to the Riff who had Moylan on their roster :wait:

There is some ridiculous article doing the rounds about St George missing the finals unfairly because we were over the cap last year.

Pretty sure 1.2million worth of talent didn't play a single game last year. Even with a rort of 350k, we were still 850k under the cap last season.

Here is something else which just came to mind. Before anybody thinks I am excusing cheating the salary cap , I am not and don't. Let us just say that it is true that Todd Greenberg indeed dislikes Manly with a passion. It definitely comes across that way at times. It is no secret that the NRL would love another team based in QLD , Perth or wherever. They have also stated previously (more than once) that 16 teams is the right amount (which I agree with).
Also the argument there is too many Sydney teams. If they could get rid of a Sydney based team or get / force one to relocate then I am sure that we would be the top pick or close to it.
If you look at the other Sydney teams then they probably have more political power than we do. Get rid / relocate Parra , Canterbury , Easts , Souths , Penrith - not a chance in hell. Out of the Wests Tigers / Dragons / Cronulla and us , we would be the team most in danger in many ways.
Not as wealthy , lower supporter base / membership than some , also not a part of Sydney that the league seems to particularly give two hoots about. Basically if there was no team based in Central Coast / north of harbour bridge ever again then I don't think that the NRL would lose too much sleep.
First the match fixing allegations. No apology. If we are indeed guilty of this the salary cap breaches then show true facts and stop stating POTENTIAL breaches. I think the NRL would love if Manly went bust / broke.
We definitely seem to take more allegations / hits than other teams .
This is not the conclusion that I have come too out of all this but just something which crossed my mind today.
Feel free to disagree / shout me down if this comes across as a pile of dribble.

There is some ridiculous article doing the rounds about St George missing the finals unfairly because we were over the cap last year.

Pretty sure 1.2million worth of talent didn't play a single game last year. Even with a rort of 350k, we were still 850k under the cap last season.
might not have played but were still on the books.

Here is something else which just came to mind. Before anybody thinks I am excusing cheating the salary cap , I am not and don't. Let us just say that it is true that Todd Greenberg indeed dislikes Manly with a passion. It definitely comes across that way at times. It is no secret that the NRL would love another team based in QLD , Perth or wherever. They have also stated previously (more than once) that 16 teams is the right amount (which I agree with).
Also the argument there is too many Sydney teams. If they could get rid of a Sydney based team or get / force one to relocate then I am sure that we would be the top pick or close to it.
If you look at the other Sydney teams then they probably have more political power than we do. Get rid / relocate Parra , Canterbury , Easts , Souths , Penrith - not a chance in hell. Out of the Wests Tigers / Dragons / Cronulla and us , we would be the team most in danger in many ways.
Not as wealthy , lower supporter base / membership than some , also not a part of Sydney that the league seems to particularly give two hoots about. Basically if there was no team based in Central Coast / north of harbour bridge ever again then I don't think that the NRL would lose too much sleep.
First the match fixing allegations. No apology. If we are indeed guilty of this the salary cap breaches then show true facts and stop stating POTENTIAL breaches. I think the NRL would love if Manly went bust / broke.
We definitely seem to take more allegations / hits than other teams .
This is not the conclusion that I have come too out of all this but just something which crossed my mind today.
Feel free to disagree / shout me down if this comes across as a pile of dribble.

I said a few days ago, I think we’ve become the “ expendable one”.

I hope not but it’s starting to appear that this is “ agenda driven”.

The alleged $350k breach was the total over 5 years as well. So on average we were all of $70k over the cap last year (again even this has not been proven yet).

As pointed out earlier, Wests Tigers exceeded the cap by over $300k in 2010 alone... when they made the preliminary final. They received a fine of a fraction of that and didn't receive a points deduction. Where was the faux outrage then?

My concern is not with the media who generate outrage to gain viewership and revenue. But I am concerned that any possible punishment by the NRL may be reactionary to this, rather than based on proof and precedent... just a theory.

The NRL.com website has been completely re-designed and flooded with new articles, the salary cap stuff is off the front page now. I wonder if that was deliberate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8