SEA EAGLES 2013 TRIAL Vs Roosters Sat @Gosford 7:30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: SEA EAGLES 2013 TRIAL Vs Sharks Friday Nite @Brookie 7PM

HappilyManly said:
Brookie surface looked like a bowling green - flat and green and stood up to the two games with only a few divots in the southern end.

The NYC had a few standouts - JakeTrbojevic is a star now. Fantastic that he is maintaining his escalation to the higher grades.
Suni Fatialofa scored two great tries. Looks like Trex and plays like Matai - one to watch.
Jamil Hopoate was also a standout in the quarter he played. He is more of John's build and was great at dummy half and very fast in the middle. Lets hope he is maturing mentally to build into a professional athlete.

The NRL game, only had the regulars in the third quarter. The try set up by Matai, screaming across near the center of the field to offload to Snake and he, to Matty, was worth the price of admission alone.:angel: Matai looks really fit and speedy and was in everything.

The standouts for mine were - Dane Chisholm - runs just like his Dad, kicks, tackles and is soooo fast. Look forward to seeing him play NRL level this year.
Peta Hiku caught everything at fullback (till Snake came on for the 3rd quarter). Again very fast and he had to run to catch quiet a few.
Justin Horo played like Choc, so look out for him this year.
Ligi Sao was fantastic in support and defence, another speedster.

We had an Manly NYC Player on report for a shoulder charge, was too fast to pick up his number. In the NRL, Brenton Lawrence earned a penalty for the same thing. But gee, it is such a great impact when it is below the neck - pity that it's now but a memory :(

In summary, the Players all look fit and were sprinting at speeds only wingers used to do. Manly Staff must have really concentrated on this in the off season.

Choc was limping badly after he cooled down. He came off after about 15 minutes but was very effective till then.

I don't know who the animal was that scythed Chez in the knee as he kicked. But Chez came off and had ice on his right leg, and the bastard who hit him illegaly came off too, as he basically knocked himself out.:mad:
This really concerns me as Thaiday did the same thing to Chez a in the 2011 semis, and yes we get a penalty, but the defensless kicker in the air is at risk of a broken limb.

All in all it was a great event, with about 5,000 people on a warm but very windy Brookie night.

March 1st, 4-7pm is the season kick-off at Brookie. Players will be presented and the Team posters will then be available.
The hats are now at the Outlet for pick up by Members now.
it was tagatese mate,he did the same to Foz last year when he was at the Tiatns

HappilyManly said:
The try set up by Matai, screaming across near the center of the field to offload to Snake and he, to Matty, was worth the price of admission alone.

Correction. That try was scored by Jamie Buhrer, not Matt Ballin.

bones said:
HappilyManly said:
The try set up by Matai, screaming across near the center of the field to offload to Snake and he, to Matty, was worth the price of admission alone.

Correction. That try was scored by Jamie Buhrer, not Matt Ballin.

Touche ;)

They both had the same headgear and there was no replay.

It was such a great try, and from a move that we have not seen before, that we were all hoping that the cameras there last night might record and show it on FoxSports.

A bottler of a try to stick into the Manly toilet cistern:p

I was impressed with the crowd and atmosphere and how well organised everything was - it was a great evening. NYC players did very well and I'm encouraged by the new players we've bought in for FG.

I thought Snake and Buhrer in particular were fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing Cunningham get some game time this year, he's not a standout just yet but he seems to have plenty of ticker. Lawrence also looked good.

The hit on DCE looked nasty, much worse than any of the shoulder charges. Late challenges like that should be worthy of a few weeks on the sideline. Thankfully DCE can be rested for the 2nd trial if necessary and can have a few weeks to recover. A hit like that late in the season could have devastating consequences.

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v SYDNEY ROOSTERS - Saturday 16 February
Bluetongue Stadium , Gosford
NRL Kickoff – 7.30pm
Tickets available from Ticketek
Exclusive 10% discount for Members
Member Pre-sale offer available from 9am, Friday 18 January, refer to Members Only Email
If you have not received a pre-sale password please contact the Membership Team on 9970 3000
On sale to public from 9am, Monday 21 January
W: CLICK HERE
P: 13 28 49
Pre-sale Prices:
Adults – $17
Concession - $12.50
Juniors (Under 16) - $10
Families (2A+2J or 1A+3J) - $40
Game Day Prices:
Adults – $20
Concession - $15
Juniors (Under 16) - $12.50
Families (2A+2J or 1A+3J) - $45

Bluetongue Stadium will be the final testing ground for the Sea Eagles' new-look squad as they look to cap off an intense pre-season against the Roosters on Saturday night.
With the season kick off just around the corner, head coach Geoff Toovey won't be holding back, treating the trial like a competition match.

For Manly's supporters it's a chance to see some of the Sea Eagles' exciting new signings in full flight for the first time.

"It's pretty exciting, the season's getting close," Toovey said.

"We'll be putting our top 25 on for that game so it'll be a fairly serious trial, getting those last creases ironed out before the comp starts."

After a long pre-season, Toovey says the players are champing at the bit to get back on the field and he's expecting a physical encounter.

"Fortunately we've got two weeks to recover from any bumps and bruises from the game so I know the boys will be going hard out."

"I'm very excited and looking forward to a tough clash against the Roosters."

@ManlySeaEagles
@berkeley_eagle Toovey's still fine-tuning. We'll have the team for you this afternoon. #gomanly

1. Peta HIKU
2. Ben FARRAR
3. Jamie LYON ©
4. Steve MATAI
5. Jacob GAGAN
6. Kieran FORAN
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS
8. Brenton LAWRENCE
9. Kayne LAWTON
10. Brent KITE
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Justin HORO
13. Jamie BUHRER

14. Jason SEAGE
15. Dean McGLINCHY
16. Richie FA'AOSO
17. George ROSE
18. Esi TONGA
19. Jesse SENE-LEFAO
20. James CUNNINGHAM
21. Nick SKINNER
22. David GOWER
23. Dane CHISHOLM

No Ballin,Snake,Wolf,Jorge,Gift,Chee Kam, King.

Is Jorge injured or suspended over the arrest ?

No Joe either. But we know how these guys play, so it's not about winning it's to see if any of the new chums are up to our top 17.

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson tells us Sonny Bill Williams will "definitely not" play this weekend in their trial against Manly #nrl

Jatz Crackers said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson tells us Sonny Bill Williams will "definitely not" play this weekend in their trial against Manly #nrl

Too scared.

They could tell us he is going to play for 12minutes and play him for 10.

Got to say I really enjoyed reading HM's game write up. You could practically smell the turf and feel the thuds.
Reminds me of what supporting Manly is all about. Far different from what's printed in the papers that those a long way from Brookvale read in an attempt to keep in touch.
I hope some of the new boys shine against the chookies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6