Sea Eagles v Dogs @ Fort Brookie GameDay chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
psau14 said:
Games like this are won by the spine, and im afraid DCE, KF, MB and that penrit guy really didnt have what it takes.

I won't call B2B gone, but unless the spine kicks up a gear in the run home - we will be gone.

snake says hi

I feel like we've just lost a gf, our enthusiasm was awesome ! But we just switched off in that 1st half for 10 minutes an that's it, the only thin I can criticise out of tonight, wolfmans urgency to the bouncing ball ? Why was he letting it bounce ? Sure one of them took a wicked bounce but farout !

weev said:
mickqld said:
Say goodnight to B2B its all over ladies and gents.

aw for christ sake.

it was a close game, and we'll get better...

At home, huge crowd, finals position at stake only 1 player out, the Dogs lose their halfback and top prop in first 20 min so they're down to 15 and we can't find more than 2 tries with the amount of ball we had on their line. I'm sorry this year isn't going to happen. If they cant win under these circumstances good luck trying to beat Warriors Cows and Rabbits away in the next 3 weeks. It's over.

We're back. Sure we got beat. But that defence was awesome. Jason King you lunatic...that was top shelf brutal:D
The boys will build on the back of that game.
Reynolds could be a late starter in the 2m springboard diving next week!:(

I thought we were going to get them in the end. Some silly errors (Wolfman's clanger) and it's all over. I thought our defense was really good tonight, but our attack was off.

Kiwi Eagle said:
And I think I may leave the doom and gloom merchants to it for the evening

good call, after the poor form of recent weeks i feared a hiding.

we were competitive until the last few minutes. and if we didn't gift arse them a try early to wonder barbs they would have stolen a late win only

that penalty on matai was, as Gus said, 'harsh', penalties are so equal for so unequal crimes.

tonight showed how much we miss snake when he is unavailable. the break by tafua & also when foran broke the line usually resulted in snake flying through the middle to back up & generally he would score from there.
whare doesn't have the knack of backing up the same way

I think this was their parra (our game in 2008)

It just shows how crucial Snake is for us

Rambo1987 said:
What has happen to our attack - we just dont look like scoring tries.

Well done to the Dogs great game.

Snake is our attack, we are so much better with him out the back.

Ceagle said:
Barba surely leads the league in arsey tries scored?

He aimed at it - he kicked it, he scored.

Nothing arsey; he did it.

DCE and KF could take a game like that and win it for us last year.
Just not working this year.

Cest la vie

It is probably no secret that i am a doggies fan and initially came onto these forums to be a troll, but it was a quality game and i respect the manly side for their passion in the game. Top game guys!

If we look at their tries, Whare handed them 1, a well worked play did us in for the 2nd and a bit of arse for their 3rd. Defensively they threw a lot at us but couldn't get through the line

In general gameplay, I felt we won that battle, and the thing that let us down was the kicking game and the 5th tackle options.

It isn't a word I like using, and you do create some of it yourself, but the luck was their way on every loose or bouncing ball tonight, I don't remember much like it before !! That bounce off Barbas kick with 5min to go summed it up perfectly, absolutely nothing we could have done, the ball bounced sideways !!

disappointing 5th tackle options all night. did we only get one repeat set ??? Defense was top shelf, really bashed them and had good line speed. Wel done to the dogs, played 2 men down and defended really well, even though our attack didn't make it overly hard for them. Two lucky tries the difference

Kiwi Eagle said:
If we look at their tries, Whare handed them 1, a well worked play did us in for the 2nd and a bit of arse for their 3rd. Defensively they threw a lot at us but couldn't get through the line

In general gameplay, I felt we won that battle, and the thing that let us down was the kicking game and the 5th tackle options.

It isn't a word I like using, and you do create some of it yourself, but the luck was their way on every loose or bouncing ball tonight, I don't remember much like it before !! That bounce off Barbas kick with 5min to go summed it up perfectly, absolutely nothing we could have done, the ball bounced sideways !!

agree, it was a great game of footy and it was the bulldogs night. They played well, as well. They are well coached.

And where did they get a coach like that from ..?

djaraboy said:
It is probably no secret that i am a doggies fan and initially came onto these forums to be a troll, but it was a quality game and i respect the manly side for their passion in the game. Top game guys!

Better side won mate. At the moment you guys are the benchmark. Let's see if you can keep it up till end September.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8