Sea Eagles V Panthers [Round 26 2013] discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyfan76 said:
Where the hell is Darren

I'm here and really, so what, it was a dead rubber and much rather play Roosters. We made the top 4 so well done team!! Did anyone catch the crowd today? I had a guess of 14k with 3 guys retiring.​

Losings was fine but letting them score 36 was real ordinary, no one can make excuses for that.

COMMANDER said:
How fast is Jamie Lyon? Was jogging alongside Wolf in that 80m try.

I know! I was wondering if that was some sort of tricky camera angle or if Jamie is really that fast!

A really late hit on DCE by sika manu (sp) bt as dce didn't dive and stay down like a shot pack of spuds, no penalty, nutting!

Just glad he wasn't hurt.

Don't mind tooooo much we lost but at 16-0 up.....we should've done better.

panash said:
PEOPLE DO NOT START WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS !!!

kite would rather win in october than round 26 at brookie...

players rested , not focused mind on next week...

its simple.... semi final footy next week

5 day break better than 4...

roosters injuries & suspensions

not a BAD result !!!!

first time in a LONG time im not upset that our team lost...

My God , who is this bloke ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
torana355 said:
My real feelings on this game will be revealed after we play the Roosters on Saturday.

You think it will have a big mental effect on Brett, Watmough, Lawrence, Taufua and Buhrer ? :p

What i mean is if we beat the Roosters then we were obviously tanking today but if we lose i think the loss today could be more important then some are suggesting.

Darren said:
manlyfan76 said:
Where the hell is Darren

I'm here and really, so what, it was a dead rubber and much rather play Roosters. We made the top 4 so well done team!! Did anyone catch the crowd today? I had a guess of 14k with 3 guys retiring.​

It's nice to get some bites Darren!
Oh and two of them aint retired yet as we play for at least two more weeks.:cool:

Think we've been up for a lot of weeks, the loss means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Saturday night at SFS against the chooks is a likely prospect.

The crowd was 12,090. Not bad, considering there were no more than 100 'Riff supporters. There was a strange feeling among the crowd - a 'who cares' if we win or lose. I must admit I was one of them.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
panash said:
PEOPLE DO NOT START WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS !!!

kite would rather win in october than round 26 at brookie...

players rested , not focused mind on next week...

its simple.... semi final footy next week

5 day break better than 4...

roosters injuries & suspensions

not a BAD result !!!!

first time in a LONG time im not upset that our team lost...

My God , who is this bloke ?
parramatta eels supporter

The Who said:
The crowd was 12,090. Not bad, considering there were no more than 100 'Riff supporters. There was a strange feeling among the crowd - a 'who cares' if we win or lose. I must admit I was one of them.

Thanks for mentioning that mate coz I was going to ask that question . I guess if you towel up the storm you would predict a Manly victory

Today The Wolfman became the first Manly winger to lead the league's try scoring list since Tom Mooney did so in 1979 (I know Phil Blake played 11 of his 25 games on the wing in 1986, but he only scored 3 tries there. He scored his other 10 tries at centre, half or 5/8). Like Wolfy, neither Mooney nor Blake won the award on their own. Mooney shared 1979 with Mitch Brennan (Saints), while Blake shared the 1986 award with Garry Schofield (Balmain).

Its also the first time since 1934 that 3 players have finished at the top of the try scoring list. Back then it was Dave Brown (Easts), Fred Gardner (Saints) and Vic Hey (Wests) who scored 11 tries each.

Just got back from a very happy Leagues Club.

All the Players were there signing/being photgraphed, and looking relaxed and happy.

Gorgeous was a little teary and Kitey too, but Nood was smiling like we've already won the GF.:)

Thanks to 2v (also there and busy on the phone - all business is our Little General) and the Manly Team for getting us another Finals Season :angel:

Wolfie was in fine form too, said in 6 years at the club he's never noticed himself in stained glass on the ceiling before...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 32
yokahontas said:
Wolfie was in fine form too, said in 6 years at the club he's never noticed himself in stained glass on the ceiling before...

Wolfie's imagination is as unlimited as a 3 year old's :D
David Williams ‏@wolfmanwilliams 7 Sep
Forgot my sunnies, all good, got my @skullcandy handy #cyclops #twobirds... pic.twitter.com/OeXqMBo9SF
[attachment=625]

The Players were crowded into just the entrance area of the old Neptune's Bar (hence the 'wolfman' image on the ceiling) and Wolfie couldn't get a seat. So he, graciously endured being mobbed and photographed by all and sundry :angel:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8